Shielding & Discerning

To post a reply, login or signup

strugglebunny
@stugglebunny
10 months ago
17 posts

The struggle is real with me these days.

It's so nice to be able to come to a place where I'm almost anonymous -- it makes me feel safe & I so appreciate that.

That being said, I'm a sober person. I've been sober from drugs & alcohol since I was 21; I'm currently 27. I've had a little bit of time to gain awareness & accept my emphatic qualities, but I've yet to really truly embrace them. The best way (I feel) I use my gift is while working with other people who are struggling with their sobriety. I have an innate ability to understand where they're coming from because I myself have been in their shoes & am of the understanding that I came into this world with this problem. Where I struggle is shielding the energy from another. How can I stop another's energy from affecting me so intensely? I also struggle with discerning what's my feeling & what's another person's feeling. I hope that makes sense to whomever is reading. I will sometimes get a feeling that then provokes a thought around a person (specifically a loved one) & wonder is that mine or their's? I do this with people I'm not as close with too, just not as often. I'd like to learn to utilize this gift instead of using the feeling I get to hurt myself, others or my relationships.

Does anyone else struggle with these thoughts, feelings? If so, what do you do to help yourself?

Anna

updated by @stugglebunny: 05/12/17 07:51:30PM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
10 months ago
867 posts

Anna2:

The struggle is real with me these days.

It's so nice to be able to come to a place where I'm almost anonymous -- it makes me feel safe & I so appreciate that.

That being said, I'm a sober person. I've been sober from drugs & alcohol since I was 21; I'm currently 27. I've had a little bit of time to gain awareness & accept my emphatic qualities, but I've yet to really truly embrace them. The best way (I feel) I use my gift is while working with other people who are struggling with their sobriety. I have an innate ability to understand where they're coming from because I myself have been in their shoes & am of the understanding that I came into this world with this problem. Where I struggle is shielding the energy from another. How can I stop another's energy from affecting me so intensely? I also struggle with discerning what's my feeling & what's another person's feeling. I hope that makes sense to whomever is reading. I will sometimes get a feeling that then provokes a thought around a person (specifically a loved one) & wonder is that mine or their's? I do this with people I'm not as close with too, just not as often. I'd like to learn to utilize this gift instead of using the feeling I get to hurt myself, others or my relationships.

Does anyone else struggle with these thoughts, feelings? If so, what do you do to help yourself?

Anna

Hi Anna,

I'd recommend starting out with Elise's Empath Survival Program to help you learn to discern what is yours, etc.

I'd also recommend Donna Eden's Daily Energy Routine for beginning grounding & shielding basics & her Introduction To Energy Medicine to help you get acquainted with grounding, cleansing, shielding & getting a handle on how to discern & work with your own personal energy, etc.

strugglebunny
@stugglebunny
10 months ago
17 posts

Thank you!

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
10 months ago
867 posts

Anna2:

Thank you!

You're welcome.