Instant Attraction with Stranger

To post a reply, login or signup

sensi-sante
@sensi-sante
11 months ago
19 posts

Well, this happened with someone I've started working with several months ago...

I'd seen this guy around the building from afar maybe twice during my first 2 weeks of working there. Then one day, I was assigned to work in his station. Immediately after briefly introducing ourselves with a handshake, I felt very drawn to him. Like I just wanted to give him the biggest hug – a big friendly hug as if I hadn't seen him in years. He obviously felt something too because he said soon after our handshake, "Wow, you have a beautiful spirit!" He was very kind and courteous. Any time we get the opportunity to work together, I think it's obvious we enjoy each other's company. I don't usually talk a lot with people I hardly know, but I've been quite comfortable with communicating with him. Over time, I have developed a big crush on him. I have not and will not reveal this to him because he is married and I don't want to interfere in that sacred territory. He did mention one time that he liked me from the very beginning. Another time, he said I was like a ray of sunshine whenever I come around, but I don't think he meant it in a romantic way (because the workplace has its share of dark personalities). Like I said, he's been very kind and respectable and hasn't led me on. Honestly, if he appears to be slightly interested, it's probably all in my head.

My problem is how to deal with these feelings I have for him. I wish it would go away with a snap of my fingers. I suppose these feelings will eventually disappear since the job I have is temporary and will end in a few weeks. Not sure if this is something that Empaths go through all the time or what, but I'd like to know how others have handled being instantly attracted to someone they've met.

updated by @sensi-sante: 05/06/17 05:48:48PM
bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
11 months ago
169 posts
@sensi-sante I TOTALLY relate. I am in this situation now and have been for a few months and it is professional related. There was instant attraction/deep connection on my end, not sure on their part. I tune in to this persons energy when not around them and I feel a definite shield from this person the past month when in person. What I am doing is acknowledging this intensity and saying I consciously break this connection if it is not for my highest good which I did new years eve as I have my own huge changes going on with me in my life. I feel the connection less intense today but when I broke the connection the energy got more intense but it has lessened. He is definitely a past life connection I feel and if you acknowledge it maybe you can logically accept it and leave it as is and feel happy towards this and not wonder if you are crazy. You are not you just sense it strong because it is also connected with you directly. With me, I am used to other people's energies but when this is connected to me personally which is rhe first tome ever and that is why I questioned my sanity. I hope this helps because I SO get it...what makes it more fun and I say that sarcastically is this person is an empath too and on the same path already that I have started...

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book