@bunnigirl
2 years ago
0 posts

Hi there and welcome! I am still learning about shielding and I was told earlier this year I was an empathy and a week or so ago I was told again and I thought oh well damn it would have been GREAT to know this years ago...:) nonetheless,  I shield myself every morning before leaving my home.  I imagine a white bright light bubble around myself and pray that only anything of the divine can enter.  This helps me sense energies of others and help if there is anyway I can but I don't absorb it into me.  It has made me a LOT less extreme!  Over the years, I have physically absorbed people and am in the process and trying to physically heal all that....I notice that in a group of people if somehow we are all stressed (like negative announcement to the staff) I get totally bloated and my stomach cramps up.  I then remove myself from the group and breathe it out so to speak.  This is a great community to be a part of!

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 years ago
896 posts

@sensi-sante:

Welcome! And I'm glad you have found this community. There are terrific members here to help you with your questions and share ideas.

Based on what you noted you definitely sound like an empath. I personally don't attract mentally unstable people but I can get stalked by strangers for no reason and seem to attract my fair share of narcissists. But you said you attract broken people and we definitely all get that. I would suggest posting various questions on this forum until you have a good understanding on how this works and what makes you tick on a spiritual level. There are many different types of empaths. You may want to google that and do some reading to see where you fit in. And it seems most of us have more than one empath trait.

When I first found this website I was very skeptical and having a tough time accepting my empathy. But I was dealing with constant anxiety every day and all the time. One thing for you to know is that as an empath you are an energy sponge and will pick up negative emotional energy from others around you. That is also why broken people seek you out. Deep down at a soul level they know you can make them feel better by removing their heavy emotional baggage so they seek you out. Most people come to this site thinking they are losing their minds from all the anxiety and emotional overload. So when I came here looking for help, other members suggested that I try some protection stones. And being such a skeptic at that time I chuckled at the idea of carrying rocks around with me. But they really work. They help shield or absorb some of the negative in the world so that it doesn't penetrate you. Since using these I have very little daily anxiety.

It seems that some protection stones work for some empaths but don't work for others. However, I have found that these protection stones seem to consistently help most of us: black tourmaline, black onyx, shungite, and hematite. I keep 2-3 protection stones in my pocket at all times. A lot of women wear protection stone jewelry as a bracelet or necklace. Most of us recommend finding a crystal store near your home to pick some out. But I've had some good luck ordering some online as well. You just have to be careful online that the stones are real and not fake.

Step#2 is that you will want to learn how to ground out the negative from the day through meditation. Since we are sponges you don't want that negative that you pick up sticking with you or you will be a stressed out and exhausted mess. Grounding is how we get rid of it. Have you heard anything about this topic?

Tundra2
Tundra2
@tundra2
2 years ago
63 posts

Hello and welcome!  I am relatively new to this site and have found it wonderful and super helpful.  I think the best thing that has helped me is to see that I am not alone, that others feel things like I do.   Using crystals has  been a big help for me to deal with negative and depressing emotions of people around me.

Rene''
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,195 posts
Hello Sansi-Sante. Welcome to our little paradise.

Sounds like you have already received some very good advice so I won't get started. Just remember ...don't fear it...embrace it.
Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
767 posts
Welcome to the EC @sensi-sante! You will find a lot of great people here....and a place to explore your empathness 😉

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book