More empaths in certain areas?

To post a reply, login or signup

Shirley
@shirley
11 months ago
36 posts
I am just wondering if there are more empaths in certain areas than others? I am an intuitive empath and I have lived here most of my life and have only known five other ones besides me. Four of those people are related to me. The other one is my love.
updated by @shirley: 04/25/17 01:20:47PM
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
11 months ago
272 posts

Absolutely. It's why I moved to Asheville, NC.  There are thousands here ... and I mean that quite literally.  I run one of the two Meetup groups for empaths in town and have over 240 members of that group alone.  There are many, many more who are active empaths and don't need a group (such as the hundreds of healers here).  There are just as many, maybe more, who are "closet empaths" - they know they have the ability, they just don't talk about it or mix in "woo-woo" circles.

Certainly, being an empath most often goes through the bloodline so I am not surprised that you are related to four of the five you know.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
11 months ago
726 posts
@trevor-lewis sounds like a great place to live. It would be nice to know other empaths in my area but haven't found any yet. I live in a quite conservative area...small town Christian (no offense to any Christians here, but most do not understand) so I continue to be a "closet empath" for now, lol.
Blessings
updated by @cat-whisperer: 12/19/16 06:15:58AM
Shirley
@shirley
11 months ago
36 posts
@cat-whisperer I can totally understand being a closet empath as I am one myself. I dont tell anyone except my family and the one friend who i could sense was an empath. It does sound like a great place to live! @trevor-lewis
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
11 months ago
726 posts
It will be nice when the day comes where we can come out of the closet, so to speak. I know that some day it will happen....we just have to wait for the majority to "catch up" 😉

Only two people know with me, my son which I feel is one but hasn't come to terms with it yet. And my husband. I've tried telling other family members but they just don't believe it and think it's something in my head so I just keep quiet about it now. My mother was one also, but she crossed over several years ago...before I realized that I was one...only a little over a year ago. Wish l'd been able to discuss it with her. I always wondered how she knew when I was up to no good, lol. It all started make sense when I awakened.
updated by @cat-whisperer: 12/19/16 07:32:06AM
Shirley
@shirley
11 months ago
36 posts
@cat-whisperer that would be nice to have being an empath the norm in society! I live in an area where alot narcissists and sociopath live so i must protect myself all the time
Rene''
@rene
11 months ago
1,194 posts
I wonder why , even in the ancestral generation, what made Empaths settle in certain areas more than others. Could It be the settled In locations that was quiet places or maybe places that was rich in minerals in the earth and they could feel it? Hmm. That's interesting.
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
11 months ago
410 posts

I have only met one aware empath in my life...my boyfirend. So grateful I met him! I think we're only 5% of the population, so it's difficult being a minority.

Shirley
@shirley
11 months ago
36 posts
Thanks @rene! Checked it out! Being only 5% of the population makes us quite the minority! Wish there were more! The world might be a better place!
Shirley
@shirley
11 months ago
36 posts
@lotusfly ,
I think empaths in my area less than 5%!! Or maybe we are just afraid to tell anyone!
Rene''
@rene
11 months ago
1,194 posts
Shirley:
@lotusfly ,
I think empaths in my area less than 5%!! Or maybe we are just afraid to tell anyone!

I think in my part of the country we are running in the negatives. Lol. And afraid to admit to fear of being burned at the stake. Lololol. I'm not kidding.
Shirley
@shirley
11 months ago
36 posts
@rene,
Burned at the stake! Yikes! If im not mistaken One of my ancestors was burned at the stake back in the 1600s. I dont tell anybody around here for fear they will think Im crazy!!!!!
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
11 months ago
272 posts

What happened to us in past lives because of our abilities then is the reason why many of us shy away from using those same abilities, or at least from talking about them, in this life.  That you Elise, as always, for creating this community!

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
11 months ago
726 posts
Rene'':
Shirley:
@lotusfly ,

I think in my part of the country we are running in the negatives. Lol. And afraid to admit to fear of being burned at the stake. Lololol. I'm not kidding.

Yeah, same here....I joke with my husband about the same thing. If some around here know there would be a lynch mob, lol. Some already treat me like an outsider, but then again if your are not born and raised here like my husband you are an outsider even though I've lived here now for over 10 years.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
11 months ago
726 posts
Shirley:
@rene,
Burned at the stake! Yikes! If im not mistaken One of my ancestors was burned at the stake back in the 1600s. I dont tell anybody around here for fear they will think Im crazy!!!!!

Yes, sad but true. I don't think your crazy @shirley 😍
updated by @cat-whisperer: 12/21/16 06:08:48AM
Shirley
@shirley
11 months ago
36 posts
@cat-whisperer Thanks! Im just glad I found this website! I can be myself here!
Shirley
@shirley
11 months ago
36 posts
@cat-whisper Same thing here about living here in my ex husbands hometown. I am viewed as an outsider. When I was looking for a job I couldnt get one in this town. This town has a violent history and the people here are mostly dramatic and confrontational. :(
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
11 months ago
410 posts

Shirley: @lotusfly , I think empaths in my area less than 5%!! Or maybe we are just afraid to tell anyone!

@Shirley, I'm not sure if the 5% includes the ones who are not aware they are empaths or not. Could be less who are actually out-of-the-closet ;) Sad statistics, unfortunately, but we are growing :)

Shirley
@shirley
11 months ago
36 posts
I wish the whole world had only empaths in it! @lotusfly
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
11 months ago
272 posts

Oh boy, would that be different. Woo hoo! Puts a smile on my face just thinking about heaven on earth.

No crime (how could I steal/injure when it only hurts me), no bigotry (you and I are one), no greed (how can I have more than you when I feel your lack) - and that's just for starters!

Yea-hah! (if you can imagine me saying that with my English accent, LOL)

SomethingInTheWay
@somethingintheway
11 months ago
8 posts

@trevor-lewis That is so interesting you say that many empaths live in Asheville NC. When I visited there, I felt such a strong immediate connection to that place, and thought to myself I must live here someday. Like I felt at home. I even thought it could have been something having to do with a past life that caused Asheville to resonate with me so. I found the people of the town to be extremely familiar and comforting, maybe it was because many were fellow empaths!

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
11 months ago
272 posts

@somethingintheway - you'll be back. LOL :-)

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
11 months ago
502 posts

I have read that on many empath websites that it is estimated that 5% of the general population has empathic or psychic skills. While only 5%, that is still quite a lot of people world wide. (Although I think a good portion of that percentage are people who have the ability but ignore it or aren't yet aware). 

Why do you think NC is such a popular area and draw for empaths? I'm curious about that.

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
11 months ago
272 posts

@hop-daddy I wouldn't generalize to the whole of North Carolina (google HB2 if you are not already aware). Asheville is in Buncombe County - a speck of bright blue in NC's sea of deep red (election-speak). Western North Caroline has huge deposits of quartz in the mountains so we live literally on top of crystals that must be part of raising the frequency round here. 

@somethingintheway's feeling for the town is remarkably common. Many people living here found themselves passing through the town and decided to cancel their plans to leave. It is incredible how many people have fascinating stories about how they ended up living here.  For me, I knew as soon as I spent twenty minutes researching how many alternative health practitioners were here that it had to be an exceptional place. There is such a high density of higher conscious people here that is is attracting more of the same.  Birds of a feather ...!

SomethingInTheWay
@somethingintheway
11 months ago
8 posts

@trevor-lewis I certainly hope so!

Shirley
@shirley
11 months ago
36 posts
Maybe i should go to North Carolina see if I like it there :)
Kate
@kate
11 months ago
131 posts

I definitely believe there are areas that attract certain types of people or help them grow, because the places themselves have a different kind of energy. I've heard quite a few awesome things about many places in the USA regarded as energy vortexes and frequent meetings organised around. Some of them that come to mind would be Crater Lake, Arizona, and latest though I am not sure where more exactly, in Hawai'i, especially in the latest years. 

Lucky guys lol. Walking solo here...

I can't even tell my family about my thoughts regarding this "problem" (they inevitably caught up on the fact that i am more sensitive towards stimuli, high creativity, I do not like agitation and noise, and so on) but I've always been encouraged to overcome them as if they were some kind of undesirable traits and nuisances, being calm, preferring peace. I am not even kidding, and to tell you honestly I've rarely felt at ease with myself, only in certain scenarios: in nature, in competitive environments when it came down to remembering or solving things (though then you kinda attract envy or stuff), in dealing with animals or listening to someone, in dealing with kids, drawing... After the storm subsides, the suddenly-desirable-traits become something you should be "wary of" once again. Way to go. 

To friends? I have only been able to open the subject after real things happened between us... coincidences, thinking about the same things, realizing something is going to happen and having it happening, certain dreams; never big (i guess?), but impactful on a personal level... even so, it's still more like a taboo. I only came here (on the forums) when I could no longer not speak of these... and just writing about them for myself was insufficient as well. A good night's sleep didn't make the pressure go away either. I do wish to talk more freely about gifts and sensitivity, perceptions, astrology, occult subjects and so on. Not as something negative, but as something that can possibly help us relieve or repair all the mistakes that we've done or keep doing, the way we hurt each other, cut wings, the way we keep hurting our environment and so on. As a gate to deeper insights. But lol, I should keep dreaming for now, I believe, and it seems. 

To tell you the truth, quite a few "real" people from here with whom I have interacted and spoken to about such subjects were a bit on the fanatic side. The material reality was a second reality, subject to interpretations that never came true, or modified by measures such as constantly wielding crystals and doing meditation in a context where they did not bring actual achievements or a sense of enlightening to too many others (I am having a certain someone in mind when thinking about these, and I am sure that someone wouldn't really like it and I'm sorry, but... yeah). In fact, I felt awkward, a little bit scared actually sensing it actually. All these measures were having the opposite effect, fostering negative energies. The search in this direction was driven by fear or bad recent happenings, not by some kind of inner peaceful calling. Rarely have I met balanced people myself (that were actually searching things in a spiritual way, not referring to those who do not usually think about this side ^^), and it becomes so obvious why these subjects catch a negative connotation in the eye of someone who never thought about them but is introduced to them through someone who is unbalanced. I became so wary of other people myself I rarely accept outside help unless I feel a strong calling.

I don't want to judge or generalize, but it's how it's been here more or less and through my eyes. 

And I can tell you even more honestly, the people ruling certain countries themselves do not want you by any means to develop spiritually and mentally, to have accepting views, to work for the benefit of the society... !! I have 'worked' with an international students organisation and I cannot even tell you the situation in some countries such as Russia and some Muslim ones from Africa. How they struggle with simple projects about Women rights that or Eco-sustainability and the police tries to stop projects from happening. It's funny. Yet it's not. Where is the help in 3rd world countries, I wonder. Gone, on the wings of endless meditation about worldly problems from our cozy homes. I'm not even excluding myself :( I could do so much more... 

South-Eastern EU here. 

updated by @kate: 12/25/16 02:28:59PM

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book