Sensitive to smells

To post a reply, login or signup

The Importance of Being Jonny
@the-importance-of-being-jonny
6 years ago
794 posts

Are empaths very sensitive to certain smells? I have no other explanation for why simple smells make me ill, like Icy Hot which I honestly am used to using. Now, waking up the next morning smelling it on my clothes I can't stand the smell and either have to shower or change.

My sister has a habit of making "grilled cheese" in the mic and whenever I smell that atrocious smell I wanna gag. Colognes, perfumes, you name it I can smell them a mile away and some of them are sickening. Can't forget body lotion or hand cream.

My sense of smell has gotten more sensitive in recent months and some of the smells I can no longer stand. Ugh!

My mom used to joke that I was pregnant whenever I complained about a strong smell or why I had bouts of nausea. It happens. Doesn't mean I'm preggers!

updated by @the-importance-of-being-jonny: 01/20/17 01:09:10PM
6 years ago
794 posts

Thanks Lynn!

Yes, I'm hard of hearing in my right ear, this was prior to my discovery of headphones and music, since childhood. Even so, I can still hear things normally people couldn't hear if they weren't focused on it.

I'll check that out, thanks.

6 years ago
794 posts
Aw you have a wuffie nose. :)
Armando
@armando
6 years ago
82 posts
Me me me, I'm like that too! I have great vision but the rest of my senses topple my vision. I figured it came w/the territory *lol*.. Sometimes I hear things so faint, I think it's my imagination...but if I move close to the sound 9 times out of 10 I usually end up surprised. So, right there with ya!

Lynn ~ thanks for the link... good read :-)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book