Ick energy close up with a Narcissist (whose also sick)

To post a reply, login or signup

Snap
@snap
last year
103 posts

Hey everyone,

I have to deal  with a Narcissist at work. A set of synchronicities along with some background information confirmed a few weeks ago that she's got Alzheimer's.

I have often wondered why for the most part I don't sense much energy from her. One time I did feel her trying to exert her will on me, and I have felt some anxiety. Usually, I don't get much.

Tonight, I was in a loud area and leaned close to her (something I'd rather not do), and felt an "icky" energy. I would guess it has to do with her illness, but perhaps also her nature.

I'm interested in any thoughts on why I felt this in close proximity but not further away. I suspect it's because part of my energy field was right inside hers where something is off. But really interested if anyone knows the likely reason. (Why can't I sense the same 'off' energy at a distance?).

Cheers, S

updated by @snap: 04/08/17 11:18:24AM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Did the lack of feeling the energy start happening after the onset of the Alzheimers or has it been hard to feel all alone?

From my experiences, espically at work, some narcissist know who they can mess with and who they can't. I have been in heated fusses with some and some showed me the upmost respect.
I think sometimes when a Empath is approached by a narcissist, the narcissist like the energy the Empaths brings with them and for a moment they feel peace.
I've also have had narcissist tell me when confronted that they don't know why they act the way the do. Maybe they are trying to better themself and actually trying to find peace. I know I'm giving narcissist too much credit but I know people can fight against it and change to some degree.
Maybe the Alzheimer's changes the thought pattern and you are only feeling the hollow shell of what use to be a narcissist like their power has weakened.
This person may never go back to being a fully blown narcissist but I think of narcissist like a wild animal. You can tame a wild animal up to a point but their true nature is always laying dormant and will attack you if need be at any given moment.

On an different note. Maybe you have better control over your feelings and empathy now and your not being affected except at close range.
Snap
@snap
last year
103 posts

I haven't felt much all along. Having said that, I do tend to tune out from the woman because there's no substance. Interactions are very superficial. During 2016, I had a run in with her and funnily enough afterward she tried to communicate more. She gets very nervous when I "study" her even briefly. At some level she knows I can sense what's in there.

Interesting, I suspect a lot of narcissists don't know why they act as they do. There's a lot of conditioning going on with them, usually harsh from very young.

Yeah, I think you're right that she may become a bit more tame but a nasty nature will lie underneath still.

Good point about my level of control over sensing others emotions. I'd never even thought about this but it could be right. I went through a period of really noticing others' emotions/states and then focusing inside to work out what was mine and what is others (we're all connected but you know what I mean of course). Then I started paying attention much less; and perhaps this was a good thing because I'd learned to separate. I find, as I'm sure others do, that the surest way to be affected by someone else's energy is to pay even more attention to it! So I've essentially learned and now I notice but I often intentionally minimize the focus on others.

Having said that, for certain people including my mother, I find it hard not to get "drowned" by the emotional state (for her it's often anxious/obsessive).

Back to the Narcissist, I deliberately tuned in a couple of times and felt anxiety in her. She is far more scared of me than she would care to admit. But mostly, I feel nothing and I think she mechanically tries to push other people's buttons and get reactions to observe them. I have largely shut off this avenue.

The more I reflect on it, the more I think that the Ickiness I felt was her own state--possibly a side effect of medication on top of imbalances. I spoke with a reader about the woman, who told me this Narcissist is very imbalanced and week on the left side of the body indicating the right brain (opposite) side is weak/unused. It was astounding because I realised in just about every picture, the woman (Narcissist) has a posture that is passive on the left side (left arm passive, leaning/stooped toward the left side). And she likes her pics.

So I'd say I was picking up on some illness with effects of medication.

But yeah it's possible I could pick it up further away if I paid attention huh?

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
That's interesting, I lean my head to the right when I walk. Lol. People have ask me why I walk like that and I always joke and say , my brain is so full it's hard to hold my head up. Lolol. Just jokeing though

I think you have gained a lot of control over your emotions. Your able to choose who you tune in on and who you don't.

I had a narcissist call me a narcissist the other day because I refused to listen to their non sense and would not let them in my head.

It is hard to deal with parents though. Your taught to respect them and they think it means at the hands of their abuse you should still stand and take it. Hard situation.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book