Memory Issues

To post a reply, login or signup

Corey Easton
@corey-easton
last year
62 posts

Do any other empath's have memory issues, it seems that when my empath side really kicked in, in highscool my brain doesn't retain memories like it used too. I also have a hard time thinking, am I crazy or are other empath's having this issue too?

updated by @corey-easton: 07/03/17 07:36:24AM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

Yes, I have this same issue...I was just chalking it up to my age, lol. My be the case....I'm in my 50s. Sounds like this wouldn't be the case for you :) I have read as you go through Ascention, as you cleanse and let things go, certain memories will fade. I also think it has something to do with outside information coming in so fast that in a way clouds up your head. I have this happen often when I am in public in a busy place. Just my observation. I'd be interested to hear more feedback on this. You are not alone ;)

Blessings

Pisces_Aquarius
@pisces-aquarius
last year
10 posts

I don't know what to think about this. I am 29 years old and have an exceedingly difficult time with my memory. For me, I could say it's because I got married straight out of high school, started having kids, and never made it to college. No exercise for the brain. I spent a good 7 out of 10 years in baby brain, but now, it's been 2.5 years since my last kid, and I am worse than I ever remember being.

I've gone so far as to worry about early Alzheimer's on my end. My words come in a jumble. My focus on people talking is horrible, and I used to be a fantastic listener! I can't remember lines when I'm making my youtube videos. It's so frustrating. Though, I have to wonder if it has anything to do with the last 2 years of severe stress and anxiety as I was going through the end of my marriage.

I'm curious about other experiences now.

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Oh, this is so funny.  I'm the same way.  When I was younger I thought it was too much partaking of the herb then I out grew that so now it maybe old age creeping up on me.   

I have thought about this and I wondered if it's all the information we take in and researching we do our minds filters though and files it from most to least importantance.  We have all the normal human knowledge then all the spiritual knowledge...that's a lot to take in.  And then the knowledge we have that we have no idea where it come from.   I have carried on conversation with people who has claimed to have worked with me or the same company that I was working for and would have no idea who this person is but they would know an awful a lot about me so it had to be true and I would not have the heart to tell them I don't remember them...at all but I can tell you the mathematical formulation for specific gravity though and I haven't worked with formulas for 10 years.   Sometimes I have a photographic  memory especially with numbers  but not with faces but it may be because I remember the feelings people give me more Than their appearance.    I don't have Alzheimers...I have sometimers...lol. 

Pisces_Aquarius
@pisces-aquarius
last year
10 posts

Rene'':

Oh, this is so funny.  I'm the same way.  When I was younger I thought it was too much partaking of the herb then I out grew that so now it maybe old age creeping up on me.   

I have thought about this and I wondered if it's all the information we take in and researching we do our minds filters though and files it from most to least importantance.  We have all the normal human knowledge then all the spiritual knowledge...that's a lot to take in.  And then the knowledge we have that we have no idea where it come from.   I have carried on conversation with people who has claimed to have worked with me or the same company that I was working for and would have no idea who this person is but they would know an awful a lot about me so it had to be true and I would not have the heart to tell them I don't remember them...at all but I can tell you the mathematical formulation for specific gravity though and I haven't worked with formulas for 10 years.   Sometimes I have a photographic  memory especially with numbers  but not with faces but it may be because I remember the feelings people give me more Than their appearance.    I don't have Alzheimers...I have sometimers...lol. 

Yes! This sounds like me, except I never smoked anything lol I feel like my brain just picks and chooses what to retain. I remembered information at school long enough to pass tests, then I would shoo all that information away lol 

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

Rene'':

Oh that IS funny. I have this problem of not remembering faces too! Kinda embarrassing actually, like you that person can be carrying a conversation and you literally have no idea who it is. I never considered the idea that I pay more attention to the feeling than the face. Which makes sense because I can remember faces from actors in different movies, but in the real world it is really hard for me...especially if I see someone out of their element (see someone from docs office and you see them at the store). Like you I can remember numbers, license plates, phone numbers, etc. I thought I was just about the only one with this issue.

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

yap, last 1-2 years. Was wondering if it is related to regularly sending healing to my dad, who has dementia. Mainly aphasia (missing words). Now thinking it is/ was more likely connected to me not having had enough long chain Omega 3 in my diet (vegetarian/ vegan last year+) . Also just started supplementing with Iodine, lack of which might well affect memory!!! Too early to tell if it helps, but according to the book I read (riventing read, can only recommend - Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It (Dr Brownstein)) might well have an influence. Also upped my Vit D dosage again, where too low Vit D can negatively affect memory.... (Will update in about 2 weeks if the apparent positive trend of supplementing elemental iodine continues)

(NB lack of Iodine can supposedly disaffect women more than men, as breast tissue requires a lot of Iodine to function healthily)

updated by @goodenergyhealing: 11/21/16 07:23:28AM
Pisces_Aquarius
@pisces-aquarius
last year
10 posts

Goodenergyhealing:

yap, last 1-2 years. Was wondering if it is related to regularly sending healing to my dad, who has dementia. Mainly aphasia (missing words). Now thinking it is/ was more likely connected to me not having had enough long chain Omega 3 in my diet (vegetarian/ vegan last year+) . Also just started supplementing with Iodine, lack of which might well affect memory!!! Too early to tell if it helps, but according to the book I read (riventing read, can only recommend - Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It (Dr Brownstein)) might well have an influence. Also upped my Vit D dosage again, where too low Vit D can negatively affect memory.... (Will update in about 2 weeks if the apparent positive trend of supplementing elemental iodine continues)

I started supplementing Omega 3, as well. I also gave up coffee and energy drinks, replacing with herbal teas. Oh, and bread...not so much bread in my diet anymore. I've definitely been more clear-of-mind, though, so I must be doing something right!

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

Pisces_Aquarius:

Goodenergyhealing:

I started supplementing Omega 3, as well. I also gave up coffee and energy drinks, replacing with herbal teas. Oh, and bread...not so much bread in my diet anymore. I've definitely been more clear-of-mind, though, so I must be doing something right!

I you are in the States - supposedly most of bread there contains bromine, which is quite toxic and can block Iodine - causing all sorts of problems. Bromine is in many other products in our environment, but if you cut down on bread and feel better, that could be one explanatiion... Might be Gluten sensitivity too, I kept on getting more tired with Gluten before supplementing enough vitamins D3, B3 and C....

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
308 posts

I don't really have this, I remember everything.  I do get the "sometimers" renee explained.  And that has actually happened alot this year as I changed my diet.  But, I'm also tired of the idiots around me.  maybe I'm absorbing their dumb energy lol.  don't know.  I do get forgetful when I have taken in to much from others as I'm just drained of energy and need to clear it out.  

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

My memory for the most part is really good (especially long term memory). But what I do get a lot as an empath is a brain fog. I'll be in conversation with someone and the empath thing kicks in with pressure to my head and I'll forget things I should know like the names of people I know and movie titles etc... Sometimes I come home from a day out on the world and have what I call an empath headache and I can't think straight at all. But after sleep I return to normal.

Jojo
@jojo
last year
19 posts

Hi Corey, Yes my working memory is in the bottom 3% of the population. I got the same working memory score when I saw an educational psychologist at the age of 12 and again at the age of 22. I know that the development of working memory can be severely affected when having had experienced trauma as a child. This makes sense as I have noticed empaths often have a below average working memory and its unusual for empaths not to have experienced trauma in their childhood.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
11 months ago
1,185 posts

Anyone taking drugs that affect memory? If not, you can skip this long post. If yes, please read this! This post is about benzodiazepines, but the older antihistamines can also cause severe dementia. 

I have rapidly increasing memory problems, way too weird to blame on my age. My MRI shows no signs of Alzheimer's though. Cannot walk and talk at the same time, or I speak gobbledygook. Cannot multi-task, including making meals with many dishes in them. Cannot spell vowels. Can't remember fiction I read, but can remember non-fiction. Zero working memory. I'm mis-remembering long term things now. Cannot find words I know and often use the wrong word with a similar meaning, such as saying I need to "mow the rug". A lawn mower moves just like a vacuum. 

In researching this, I found out that empaths are 7 times more likely to be drug addicts than the general population, whether legal or illegal. This was no surprise to me, given that we live on a looney bin planet and are so sensitive.

And, it's usually calming drugs, like benzos, that we go for, since we are so overstimulated.  I just found out I have been "accidentally addicted" to one of these drugs for 31 years, meaning they were prescribed, not illegally obtained. I was put on them for muscle spasms from fibromyalgia which kept me from being able to walk, and at the time, it seemed like a miracle.  I always took less than the amount allowed, never craved them, and kept trying to get off them. Doctors told me I "needed this like a diabetic needs insulin" and that I was dependent, not addicted. Semantic bulls*it. 

However, that does not change the fact that benzos are by far the most addictive drugs on earth and much harder to get off of than heroin, none of which I was told back then. Benzos also uniquely cause something called PAWS, which stands for Protracted Addiction Withdrawal Syndrome, with symptoms due to developing a tolerance to your dose that can get you diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and then put on benzos for it, which make you feel better temporarily, but you will never heal, since you are merely feeding the addiction. Instead, you develop many  other health problems, all of which I now have, some of which could kill me.

I tried to withdraw too fast and got sicker than I thought it was possible to be and still live. I am now being stabilized, then starting a very slow withdrawal, against my doctor's advice, but he is reluctantly helping me, and they tell me doing it safely will take a minimum of two YEARS with symptoms that may last up to four years longer! The important reason why I have decided to put myself through this hell at my age is that benzos have now been confirmed to cause Alzheimer's in 84% of people who take them long term, which is defined as longer than 6 months. They also cause many of the symptoms I have that I have blamed on my Lyme Disease, such as rages, depression and anxiety, none of which I had before taking them. It may already be too late for me, though most of the brain damage they cause is reversible with time. Back in 1994, I was changed from regular disability due to severe fibromyalgia to "incurable/terminal disability" due to the severity of my brain damage. 

Doctors never tell you this when they put you on these poisons, and many of them don't even know it. People have been killed by heart attack, stroke and seizures by being taken off benzos rapidly, as you can do with alcohol, heroin or opiates. Docs don't know that you cannot do it fast with benzos.

I sincerely hope this does not apply to any of you who are having memory trouble. It came as a huge shock to me, and I want to be sure others who may be affected know about this. I am still coming to grips with the extreme anger I feel at the psychos who run Big Pharma.

Namaste,

C. Cat

Snap
@snap
11 months ago
103 posts

In my experience, ORMUS (from salt water) is incredible for memory. Nobody knows how it exerts its effects, but one theory is that higher levels of ORMUS (everyone has it in their body) enable energetic nutrition of the body, such as from the sun, cosmic rays, and the Earth's "pulse" (Schumann resonance). Personal self-experimentation with PEMF indicates this theory has at least some merit (and I suspect a lot). I get Tibetan Gold. I think there is disinfo about Ormus because if everyone had ample, the world would be a much better place. Just my opinion. But there was a report of 30 patients under constant care for Alzheimer's all (or almost all) being released after a month of taking a moderate 'dose' of ORMUS.

I'm not convinced Benzodiazapines are necessarily all that addictive. It depends on a person's energy patterns. These kinds of compounds mask or dull patterns, and the patterns return when the compounds leave the body. I have a friend who got into a better place, with better patterns, and got off Benzodiazapines with textbook incremental reductions without issue in a matter of weeks. No problem. How is this possible?

I make no medical claims. I do however make the claim that mainstream medicine is a disgrace. Look up the Flexner report e.g. https://www.cancertutor.com/flexner-report/.

Although I have absolutely not time for mainstream medicine, trust me when I say it is extremely doubtful this class of drugs causes Alzheimer's and it's doubtful they even contribute. Medicine relies heavily on epidemiological studies in such areas and these are next to useless. If they have randomized control trials (RCTs) I might listen. But I seriously doubt it. I can tell you why it's likely to be doubtful if you want--just ask. But I'll leave it there for now.

updated by @snap: 01/05/17 04:06:54AM
Snap
@snap
11 months ago
103 posts

@cheshire-cat  I just re-read your post. You say: "The important reason why I have decided to put myself through this hell at my age is that benzos have now been confirmed to cause Alzheimer's in 84% of people who take them long term, which is defined as longer than 6 months". Let me know according to what source. Briefly looking at recent publications, I think you seriously misunderstand. There's no such evidence. I'm happy to explain further. Don't worry unnecessarily.

updated by @snap: 01/05/17 04:20:21AM
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
11 months ago
1,185 posts

Hi snap,

I just pasted a quote  below from an article in Psychiatry Advisor. There are many more sources for this that I found easily. Yes, I am aware there are also studies that contradict this and I pray they are correct. Someone forgot to tell the CDC and the DEA though, and doctors are being scared off by the CDC guidelines, even if they are no good as you say.

I went through this once before in the early 1980's, when the only drug that worked on my migraines was banned due to junkie abuse, and I lost my job as a result of the inadequate substitutes I was given, so I see the writing on the wall here. Sweden and Norway have banned benzos entirely and UK has restricted them. I can see a ban coming here on doctors writing scripts for benzos and not including adequate time for those who are hooked to get off. Yes, there are genetic differences in addiction. I know two people who took a benzodiazepine for 20 years, quit cold turkey and had zero withdrawal. All my doctors told me that is unusual though. I also read an online blog by a doctor who became bedridden for 10 months, forgot how to use a computer and much more basic stuff, and saw 6 of her friends commit suicide from being forcibly withdrawn too quickly from benzos. As I said, most docs will not write them anymore at all, at least not where I live, and evidently not where that doctor lives either. Rehabs tend to do it in 6 weeks, which is way too fast, unless you're on a low dose for a short time, for most of us. There are always lucky exceptions and I wish I was one, but I am not.  

There is one expert who says people with Lyme, Fibro and CFS need some sort of anti seizure drug and he prefers Klonopin, a benzodiazepine. Another fibro expert says once you are well, it will be easy to come off the benzodiazepine. Maybe so, I do not know, but I am running out of time, already having lived more than 2 yrs. past what doctors told me was my sell by date, lol. After reading extensively about PAWS, I have a strong empath gut feeling that getting off xanax will get rid of a lot of my other health problems, which are really caused by PAWS. 

However, regardless of the AZD issue, I DO have serious memory issues, which are not normal and have been progressing, so I think in my case, I should consider it a possibility that the drug is involved, since the Neurologist could find  no other reason. I also really do not like being addicted to anything and want to get off. I do not like being dependent on conventional medicine, since I consider it barbaric and obscenely putting profits first, not caring who is hurt. I did not know any of that back in 1986, when I was put on this stuff. Most doctors are so afraid of the DEA, they do not give you adequate time to withdraw. They simply cut you off, at least where I live. We had to find a new primary doctor recently and it took us 6 tries and we had to go 40 minutes away to find one who would even consider prescribing xanax. The other doctors, when I asked about it, talked to me as if I had just crawled out of a gutter and was some kind of subhuman. The first one even made me cry, and blamed me for taking them, not the doctor who told me I needed them.

Here is the quote:

"Using benzodiazepines may increase a patient’s risk of developing dementia and could even lead to death.
Helene Alphonso, DO, Director of Osteopathic Medical Education at North Texas University Health Science Center, and colleagues say that a recent Canadian review of 9,000 patients uncovered that those who had taken a benzodiazepine for three months or less had a dementia risk the same as those who had never taken one.
However, taking one of the tranquilizer drugs for three to six months boosted the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease by 32%. And taking a benzodiazepine for more than six months increased the risk by 84%. The researchers said similar results were seen in a French study that examined elderly patients.
This is not the first time a call has been made to limit the use of benzodiazepines. In 2012, the American Geriatric Society said the drugs were “inappropriate” for treating insomnia, agitation, or delirium because of those risks of falls, injuries, accidental overdose, and death in this population.
“It’s imperative to transition older patients because we’re seeing a very strong correlation between use of benzodiazepines and development of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias,” Alphonso said in a statement. “While correlation certainly isn’t causation, there’s ample reason to avoid this class of drugs as a first-line therapy,” Alphonso said."

Other articles can be found by Googling "benzodiazepines cause Alzheimer's". 

Since nobody here but me seems to have this as a possible cause of their memory loss, I am going to quit talking about it here, since I feel like I am sidelining the original thread's purpose. I would like to know more about the ORMUS that you mention, so I will be looking it up, as soon as I get a break in my work today. If you have time to explain to me why the studies that show benzos cause AZD are no good, please do PM me with that info, as I always want to learn more. I have read the contradicting studies.

My husband is in surgery right now as I  type this, so I am rather preoccupied with that and hate it that I can't be there, since I must run his company 24/7/365, and having zero time off work ever is reason enough to take benzos, IMO, though I still intend to try my best to get off. 

Namaste,

C. Cat

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
11 months ago
502 posts

@snap:

I have never heard of OMRUS. How does one supplement to raise OMRUS levels?

Snap
@snap
11 months ago
103 posts

@cheshire-cat  That research definitely doesn't say what you think it does.

First up, you know the drill; I’m not a medical doctor and this isn't advice, though I have cured myself of so-called asthma and know a great deal about medical research and I'm an academic with a PhD in applied stats.

So with that all said ...

This is a second-hand source in pretty much lay terms. I’ve done pieces like this to promote research. There’s nothing particularly wrong with it in principle; the trouble is that most researchers sadly just don’t understand science and the scientific method and even if they do, these kinds of statements are often open to misinterpretation.

I’ll make a couple of points. From the quote:

“we’re seeing a very strong correlation between use of benzodiazepines and development of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias,” Alphonso said in a statement. “While correlation certainly isn’t causation …”

So in the authors’ own words, their research does not establish any causal relation between benzo use and dementias. (Don’t be confused by what they go on to say afterward; this is just to dress up the importance of the research).

Second point, they’re talking about relative risk NOT absolute risk but you’re interpreting them to talking absolute risk (not your fault, this is how most people hear the words). They say: “And taking a benzodiazepine for more than six months increased the risk by 84%.” Example. If 5% of people over 60yrs of age not taking Benzos get Alzheimer’s, increasing the risk by 80% would mean 9% of people taking Benzos got Alzheimer’s in this one study (9% is 80% greater than 5%).

However, back to correlation. Search ‘correlation does not imply causation’ for examples, preferably funny ones ;) Do people on Benzodiazapines have other problems going on that are the real cause? For example, if their diets tend to contain more processed food, or they have some sort of disposition, this could explain the correlation (i.e. there’s a mediating factor, which is exactly why correlation does not [necessarily] imply causation). Studies like this usually try to take into account some obvious mediating factors, but without a proper experimental design, you never have more than correlation. Fine to keep looking at whether there is a causation but usually very difficult to do so.

Short version. This research doesn't say what you think it does by a long shot. Please note that most medical doctors are very ordinary with stats and the scientific method. (I can tell ya stories in personal and professional life!). So don't expect your docs to necessarily get any of this.

Look up Barry Carter in relation to ORMUS. It's mysterious stuff and at the end of the day, experience is the best indicator of what it will do for any individual. More to come below ...

updated by @snap: 01/06/17 01:16:44AM
Snap
@snap
11 months ago
103 posts

Hop Daddy:

@snap:

I have never heard of OMRUS. How does one supplement to raise OMRUS levels?

@hop-daddy  There are a few ways, but mostly we use the wet methodhttps://newearth.media/making-ormus-using-the-wet-method/ This is a method that precipitates ORMUS (white powdery substance) from salt water. The salt water is "washed" by pouring off excess and adding pure water two or three times. What you end up with is water containing the precipitate (looks milky).

Tibetan gold is by far the best I've been able to get. I spoke with the guy there before I got his salt water. He traveled the world in search of salt water with the highest and best ormus content and believes it is Tibetan salt lake water. He also sells ready-made wet ormus.

There's controversy about white powdered gold made from actual gold. It certainly can give a high vibration, but I basically figure natural sources are best for a few reasons. Of course, do your own research.

As an Empath I instantly feel a subtle calm energy (hence subtle energies) when I take ORMUS supplementation. Small doses are often better than large, particularly if you're sensitive. I can't help but have around 5 ml per day; but 2 ml per day is probably ample really.

updated by @snap: 01/06/17 01:14:31AM
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
11 months ago
1,185 posts

Hi snap,

Thanks for the good points you raised. It helps to get a scientist's point of view. I do know correlation doesn't equal causation, but it still sounds scary, especially when you are having symptoms like I am.

To emphasize one of the good points you made, I do have another circumstance that is supposed to give me a 4 times higher chance of getting AZD than average, which would be 400%, a lot more than the 84% from benzos. And you are correct that I have to ask 4 times what? The base risk is never mentioned in anything I've read. I had a closed head injury, and was declared dead at the scene. Surprise! I was just mostly unconscious for one day. It was found in studies of identical twins (Univ. of Minnesota) that previous closed head injury was the only factor affecting their differing rates of AZD later in life. They never said what the actual risk was that mine was 4 times higher than, so your point is well taken. 

Yesterday, I almost ran out of benzos, because the doctor's office was so busy, they hadn't looked at renewal messages for a couple of days. The law no longer allows you to call for renewals of controlled substances more than two days ahead of running out now. I finally sent them a fax, twice. Running out would have forced me to go to the ER to prevent death by seizure, heart attack or stroke, and they would have thrown me into inpatient detox, since most of these bozos do not understand that benzos cannot be withdrawn from fast like alcohol, heroin and opiates. (I did a pretty fast opiate withdrawal after the first 12 yrs. of my illness and though it was hell, it was a piece of cake compared to just lowering my dose of benzos). Fast withdrawal also causes heart attacks, etc. as well as the PAWS, which can go on for years and often results in patient suicide because it is unbearable. At the last possible minute, they called the script in, but I do not not want to be this dependent on a broken medical system. I don't like being dependent, period. 

So, I may spend what could be my last two years of life working my way off this poison, only to find I don't even know what planet I'm on by then, but if I don't try, I will be even more dependent, and will have raised my dose to the max and be stuck in tolerance withdrawal forever. I am at 3 mgs. daily now, and 4 mgs. is the max most docs will give you. So, I will try my damnedest to get off. 

I really am quite surprised that nobody here is on benzos after reading that empaths are 7 times more likely to be addicts, but I can hear you saying 7 times more likely than how much? Maybe people just don't want to admit taking them. I am angry, but not ashamed, since I was flat out lied to when I was put on these, and their addictive potential was unknown way back then. I am still being told I am dependent not addicted, as if that made a damn bit of difference when trying to get off of them. 

Thank you for pointing out the way stats can be manipulated to the desired effect. There is an excellent quote from Mark Twain about damn lies and statistics, but I cannot remember it at the moment. I am very slow to retrieve memories, one of the symptoms benzos can cause long term. I see stats used in the MSM all the time to create the fear porn that TPTB are constantly programming us with for their enjoyment and control. 

Namaste,

C. Cat

Snap
@snap
10 months ago
103 posts

@cheshire-cat  By (ahem) "coincidence" my father is having memory difficulties and I went hunting and found that 80% of people with Alzheimer's have insulin resistance or full type 2 diabetes, e.g https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/diagnosis-diet/201609/preventing-alzheimer-s-disease-is-easier-you-think

I'd highly recommend Dietdoctor.com, a site by an Endocrinologist who gets all his patients on a low carb diet. Type 2 just goes away on this diet. Do you have high blood sugar? (If you don't know have you had it checked?). His website is herehttps://www.dietdoctor.com/

Hope you check it out.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
10 months ago
1,185 posts

Snap,

Alzheimer's is now being called Type 3 diabetes by some. I already eat a low carb, super healthy diet and do not have diabetes. I am checked every six months. The diet, which I've been on for a few years, also fixed my lipids, which are now normal for the first time in my life.

Lyme causes dementia all on it's own, so does brain damage from head injury, and so can long term use of benzos. It's a toss up as to which it is, or maybe all 3 in my case. Oh, old allergy drugs can also cause it, like Benadryl. 

I hope your dad will find a cause that can be helped for his problem.

Snap
@snap
10 months ago
103 posts

@cheshire-cat That's awesome. I've been low carb for years now. Dad thinks it's just a matter of avoiding added sugar. I have to educate him :) No cereal, no bread, no wine (especially white wine). I bet you that staying low carb will keep you far better off than you'd otherwise be.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
10 months ago
1,185 posts

Snap - The prescribed diet by Lyme Disease expert doctors is no simple carbs, low complex carbs, medium protein and high fat (except trans fats). I find it does work best and it lowers lipids, proving what a scam the whole cholesterol thing is. :-)

C. Cat

Snap
@snap
10 months ago
103 posts

Cheshire-cat  Good to see there is some sens coming into mainstream medicine, at least on the edges. Yeah cholesterol being a problem is a complete load of nonsense, prominently brought to attention by Taubes in 2001. I read the article at the time but it took a few years for it to sink in and for me to act on it! These days I'm on virtually a Paleo diet, though I have heavy cream (never skim milk!). So do you have Lyme? (Sorry if I missed that earlier).

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
10 months ago
1,185 posts

Snap - Yes, I have stage IV Lyme Disease and a list too long to type of the diseases it causes long term. No, it is no longer curable and I have had all the treatment I could afford. I have total malabsorption of fats, since my body no longer makes any digestive enzymes, thanks to Lyme, and must take very expensive medicine to eat at all, with only a minimal amount of fat, or I would also have heavy cream....I envy you. I mostly drink plain Kefir. I use coconut oil to get more fats, since high fat is needed for Lyme, and coconut oil does not need to be digested at all. 

C. Cat

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book