Lesson from my mind

To post a reply, login or signup

mommy4
@mommy4
last year
28 posts

Last night out of nowhere after hearing we did loud noises echoing throughout the night my mind got a lesson from remembering.  What normally I would call an anxiety attack I realized was my power.  I started feeling dread and impending doom to where I was looking online for worldwide news (which I never like to look or watch the news but felt the need), a surge of energies circulating from my spine throughout my body, tingling, was warm all night until I stared feeling this way then I was cold except my feet were burning hot,  my elbow went numb, and at one point I zoned out and just stared into space (even to where my fiancé asked if I was OK seeing me zone out a little).  And my body was about to react normally from believing what I was told was anxiety from my bipolar. But, I stopped myself, and when I stopped myself I remembered the same feelings coming out of nowhere throughout my life, all the other times I felt like this for no reason and it came to me. This isn't anxiety... This is my mind giving me a lesson that is my powers and I know how to listen to them I've done it many times before throughout my years being alive and so I knew what and how to handle it.  So,  I started breathing and calming my mind and body. And once I calmed myself it let me exhausted even though my body was trying to be alert and on the defense but I didn't allow my body to flip out like normally. Instead, I embraced it and fell asleep and believe it or not I've never got so much rest in a long time.  I remember a few times during my past experiences like this when I didn't know how to handle it all I've cried, prayed, went to the hospital in a panic, cried myself to sleep, prayed that it wasn't the end of my life only to wake up to another day to live.  In the past I thought from what I was told by doctors that I was managing my anxiety from a final release of giving up my defensiveness and just giving in to the fear of my impending doom but in reality it was my body being a outlet with an overload of energies. And like my other past experiences I've lived another day and after my "charging" (best word I can find besides experience)  like in the past I feel normal and calm and not as stressed, enlightened. So, I can safely say I was misinformed as a child that this isn't anxiety.  It's being a Empath.  If I am misled on my experiences please let me know but it feels right when I talk about my "charging" being more connected to being a Empath as opposed to anxiety. And I calmed quicker remembering and it made me relax and release my stress. Feels like normal almost. It's overwhelming feeling until you learn how to handle the feelings and the emotions from being a empath.  I hope it's true I hope I've found the key to unlock the lock between bipolar and Empaths. But,  more importantly I hope I'm not getting anxiety and empaths mixed up and I hope I've found my answer.  I need guidance from people to help me determine my feelings so I know what I can expect and know how  to handle it.  So,  if I'm wrong tell me.  If it's sounding more like anxiety please tell me. Because all I need is validation to know what I need to get a handle on what I go through... Blessed Be and thank you to all responses

updated by @mommy4: 03/19/17 02:56:51AM
mommy4
@mommy4
last year
28 posts

Forgot some other feelings I was having along with the others that may help... I was also having the urgency to use the bathroom a little bit and also my sinuses like my nose felt like it was blocked but were at the time releasing pressure just like my ears... 

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
507 posts

I have had this happen before where I would struggle to sleep at night and would sometimes hear a loud bang in the house followed by weird silence. And my body would be wrought with anxiety. The fix for my situation was to get grounded and protection each day and night. My empathy is too strong when I have poor sleep and stress and I get really susceptible to panic attacks. I have a few suggestions on what I did to turn down the volume on my empathy so I could live a better life. I'll share some details in private message.

P.S.- I also had achy neck muscles during some of my worst times. I think it was partially due to a blocked throat chakra. And partially due to sitting so rigid from anxiety and stress.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
507 posts

I also get a nervous bladder when my empath anxiety is at its worst and have to pee every 5 minutes. And when my body is holding too much negative and wrought with stress I have all sorts of physical body ailments like sudden bloody noses, extreme headaches, phantom body pains etc...

If my guess is correct and this is not bipolar related, you badly need to relax and ground out the negative that you are absorbing. You've probably heard that empaths are like sponges soaking up the world's negative. And when that sponge gets full you will feel like you are losing your mind unless you ground and meditate and push that negative out of your body.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,185 posts

Hi Hop-Daddy,

It actually sounds like you may have Fibromyalgia. Neck pains, headaches, muscle aches that move around the body, lousy sleep and a very irritable bladder are all symptoms. So are sleep disorders, particularly 3 kinds of them, one of which is very particular to this illness and is called alpha-delta sleep anomaly or alpha- delta sleep intrusion.....

One of the symptoms of the prolonged sleep disruption it causes is something called hypnogogic hallucinations, which are mostly sudden noises just as you are drifting off but not quite asleep, or they may occur as you wake up. The most common ones reported to me when I used to run a Fibro support group for 3 cities were the sound of a wire shorting out, the sound of a slamming door, and a loud bang. I had the slamming door one, and it was so convincing that I would prowl though the house checking for intruders.

They key here would be whether you have pains in all four quadrants of the body, not just the neck. A diagnosis of  fibromyalgia requires symmetrical pains at certain exact points in all four quadrants, though they do not have to be equally as bad on both sides. You might want to get checked by a Rheumatologist to rule this out if you meet this criteria. You can look up the many other symptoms online and see if it fits. 

I am anticipating what may be your next question, and no, I've known plenty of clueless people with fibromyalgia who were definitely not empaths at all. While some with fibromyalgia are definitely more sensitive, and I've read that some Indian tribes consider all fibromyalgia people to be automatic Shamen, I knew too many people who had it who were not emotionally sensitive at all, and so consider the increase in sensitivity among some people to be part of the overactive sympathetic branch of the autonomic nervous system in fibromyalgia, a physical reason for hypersensitivity of all types. 

I will say this, and this is just my observation from 10 yrs. of having running a support group and 4 yrs. running a call in info line, so it's not scientific.....I did see what appeared to be a correlation between how severe the fibromyalgia was and the sensitivity of the person, with more sensitive people being much worse afflicted by the other symptoms of the disorder. I was told I was in the bottom 10% in terms of severity, for example. 

This may be a chicken and egg illness, ie. which came first, the physical symptoms or the sensitivity? In my case, it was definitely sensitivity, from birth. We do know there are mutated detoxification genes involved. What I think matters, and why I wanted to post to you, is that if you have the diagnosis, there are treatments that will help besides just metaphysical ones, or harsh drugs, and the ones I think work best are natural and safe when properly used, so I think it's worth knowing if you fit the diagnosis for that reason. Just my two cents. :-)

C. Cat

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
507 posts

Cheshire-Cat:

I appreciate the info., but I may have not explained my aches well enough. My neck muscle problems and headaches and clenching teeth/jaw soreness was definitely an empath related thing that used to hit me before I learned how to ground out negative. On my worst anxiety days those body aches would hit (but not every day). And the anxiety kept me from sleeping well. As soon as I learned about grounding and using protection stones, I never had a body ache day again. And I now sleep with black tourmaline on my nightstand along with amethyst and rose quartz crystals under my pillow. And most nights I sleep really well and feel rested when I wake up. But I certainly feel for those with  fibromyalgia as that would be a very tough condition to live with.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,185 posts

Hop-Daddy,

Very glad to hear that! I wish I could say the same. I think maybe what you've done would help my Fibro somewhat, if that is all I had, but my Fibro is secondary to Lyme Disease, as Fibro often is, and that does not respond as much to grounding, protection stones, etc. Getting toxic people out of my life has helped, but I think that would help everyone. 

Wishing you continued good health. :-)

C. Cat

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

@mommy4   Did you read my post last night , the hateful one, before I deleted it?  Just wondering if you could of been picking up on me.   I had a rage fit for some reason.  I felt like a Two year old having a tantrum.   Don't know what caused it to be so intense.   Had someone make me yesterday (family member ) but the more i thought about it last night the worse it got and I had to force my self to set down and ground.   After I grounded and centered myself I felt so much better but I'm not the kind of person to get that mad , not to that point.  Must of been an energy that was waiting on my to have a bad thought because it spinnent me out of control.     Sorry if it was me.   

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

@mommy4, if viewing your anxiety in a different way, a more positive light, helps, then keep viewing it that way and you may be able to heal yourself. Kudos! :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book