I feel like I'm going to explode

To post a reply, login or signup

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
308 posts
I've had alot going on in my personal life past few weeks. Deaths, parent in the hospital, break up, and my health. And during all this, I get thrown all this work at work -staying late in the office and working at home. Ok, I'm upset. My boss knows all this, and has told me twice to show empathy for people. Are you joking??? I have to do more work because someone is going through a divorce? Did I not just tell you all this going on with me and my family? Where is your empathy?
Now, all my electric stuff at home is not working properly (which my therapist thinks it's my energy shutting them down) I had a good cry tonight, and other nights and felt better. I don't even want to go to work. I'm trying to hold it all together and be there for me and my family and get through this wave, and I'm not empathetic for someone going through a divorce??? I already know hes lazy and using it as an excuse to not work, that is the first thing i picked up from him laziness. Everyone at work is stressed about their jobs, even though im not. Sorry I'm venting and feel defeated.
updated by @tigerlily: 03/30/17 02:28:37AM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

lololol.   My boss told me one time I was being too hard on the workers but...I was enforcing his rules!     Lol.    

People gets use to our compassion and they push it too far sometimes   We have limits just like everyone else    Like I told my boss "I am a superwoman but not THE SUPERWOMAN!     
I have had a bad past couple of days with family members. I havent cursed yet but it's coming.

Hopefull things will slow down for you soon   

updated by @rene: 11/16/16 09:12:00PM
Paul
@paul
last year
915 posts

Some people are just plain idiots. Us empaths are getting beat up side-de-head! It hurts. Sorry to hear this is happening. Just think they are just service-to-self and you are service-to-others. The time will come when they will be weeping and gnashing of their teeth. You can't save stupid, just let the Universe handle it and concentrate on yourself for now to get over this hump. Can't help others if your base is all messed up.

Bing
@bing
last year
547 posts

Hi

My wife went through something like this.  First off if they are going to make you stay later make sure you are getting paid for it or are getting time in lieu of pay.    As for lazy boy give him back his work or ask for a raise.  I have found that they will ask you to "do a favor" for the team.  Today's favor is tomorrows job duties added to your list.  If you have  a union talk to them about these conditions. Make sure that you take your breaks and lunch and do not bring any work home.  You are a employee not a slave.  If you burn out they will quickly replace you with someone else.  As Rodney Dangerfield used to say, "Take care of #1 and you'll stay out of #2".

Bing

bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
last year
169 posts

I feel for you going through this...Is there anytime that you can take off of work coming up?  The energy sounds bad for you at this time with all of the stuff that is going on for you personally.  Do you have anytime in your schedule to go out for a walk in nature at all?  Getting away from all things and doing that helps me tremendously and I am able to feel what is going on for just me instead of all the people around me that need me and it helps me deal a little better...

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
308 posts

@paul, lol.  You sound like me when I talk about people to my friends.  

@Bing.  I'm a salaried position and as you in the corporate world, it's then frowned upon not staying.  I did losee it on a call this week.  I know again, not professional but I keep telling my boss I'm not doing this anymore it's not my job role and she supports it.  so the girl on the line tried putting it like it's my fault not checking and I said again is that not my job function or in my job description.  she got real quiet, it's true.  

Anyways, this tidal wave is not stopping, another wave of other cr@p is happening in my personal life.  

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book