The Abusive Empath

To post a reply, login or signup

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I am guilty of using my Empath abalities to "shame someone that is about to hurt someone mentally like "now, you wouldn't someone to treat you that way" or "I can't believe you can say that and it don't bother you ". And I can go into full normal zombie mode when protecting someone or butting heads with a narcissist but I don't normally don't hurt people's feelings but I can see where a person has been abused all their life using this as the only means of protecting themselves.
https://empathicperspectives.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/the-abusive-empath/

One more thing. Empathy is not equal to being an Empath. To my an Empath has empathy and more.
updated by @rene: 03/25/17 12:36:26AM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
507 posts

Rene,

I have felt the same. I notice that when I get emotional with people I send off an especially strong shock wave that must feel like a psychic attack. Every once in a while some jerk in public will do something rude to me or belittle someone and I verbally let them have it. And I literally see other people jump away from my words as if from blowback from a bomb. And usually the jerk immediately backs off as if overpowered. This most recently happened with a bully in public who was probably 6 inches taller and 50 pounds bigger than me. He said something rude to me and got in my face trying to intimidate and I snapped and let him have it verbally. He backed off and took off like a scared dog. And 3-4 people that were standing nearby seemed really uncomfortable and took off as if they had seen a ghost. And I wasn't even being that loud. But I was intense in my response with a focused mind against this bully.

Since I have done a better job of grounding these past six months I am now less on edge and am more in control in public. But I have always wondered if there are cases where someone with empath skills uses them with bad intentions and self-gain.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

I don't want to think I am abusive but I can hold my own in public as well. I am of small and petite stature and there have been times when I have had to..."get involved". I have been told that I get a look that makes me look almost crazy..it literally makes people back off. Been told it's scary but that could be father from my normal nature. I always chalked it up to my colorful past..years ago had been in some questionable areas but always had my tough face on so never got bothered. Now I wonder if I was projecting to others around me unknowingly. 

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Cat Whisperer:

I don't want to think I am abusive but I can hold my own in public as well. I am of small and petite stature and there have been times when I have had to..."get involved". I have been told that I get a look that makes me look almost crazy..it literally makes people back off. Been told it's scary but that could be father from my normal nature. I always chalked it up to my colorful past..years ago had been in some questionable areas but always had my tough face on so never got bothered. Now I wonder if I was projecting to others around me unknowingly. 

Lol.  I've been told I can throw daggers with my eyes. Lol.    When I'm mad...everyone knows it but I try not to let those feeling get away from me to effect others. It also completely drains me mentally and physically when I get mad.  I was at that point last night but I got control over it when I realized this is not me.     

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book