Friends

To post a reply, login or signup

WetPaint
@wetpaint
last year
8 posts

One Friday morning I took my coffee outside to the patio. I noticed that a dog was howling, at a house behind me and over one. I don’t really know any of the neighbors behind me. We all have 6’ fences. I didn’t even realize there was a dog living there. The only time I have heard any howling is some afternoons when the ice cream truck comes by playing loud music and then the whole neighborhood joins in. As I was thinking about all of this, suddenly my “knowing” kicked in. I instantly KNEW the dog was in distress.

My insides started churning and I immediately fell into ‘denial’ and started arguing with myself. ‘no, he’s just howling… he is distressed! What can I do about it anyway…if I go over there, they would just slam the door in my face…if I call someone (who?) they will get mad and retaliate. He’s just howling,’ and on goes the argument as my stomach is doubling me over in pain. I realize that I am pacing, which is what I have done in the past when I KNOW something. Okay, acceptance.

I went inside the house and told my husband. He knows from past experiences with me that this must be true. We called the local humane society (more like a rescue organization) and only said that this neighbor’s dog is howling in distress and that the howling doesn’t bother us but the distress is our concern. They didn’t even question us and told us they will check it out right away.

As time went by, all was quiet over there. I hoped I was wrong and tried to continue with the day. The next day, Saturday, we called the humane society to find out what had happened. We identified ourselves as the neighbors who had called in on Friday. This is what they said, “Well, one was too far gone and they had to put him down. The other one is under a veterinarians care.”

This doesn’t make me feel good. I can’t let go of it. I don’t understand this “knowing” stuff. I try to feel good because maybe the one dog was saved, but it just makes me cry.

updated by @wetpaint: 03/18/17 11:57:01AM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

Oh honey! I know how you feel. It is hard when this kind of thing happens. Take comfort in knowing that because of your actions, at least one was saved. That is one more than if you had not done anything. I try my best to save the little furry ones that need saving,  but sometimes, no matter how hard you try..it cannot be done. You just have to know that there is a reason for everything that happens. Whether it be good or bad. Bless your heart for following your knowing and taking action. Well done :)

WetPaint
@wetpaint
last year
8 posts

Oh cat-whisperer, I knew you would respond! Thank you. Sometimes you just have to 'tell' some one, to make it settle in so you can deal with it better! A response really validates and helps. Wishing the best of everything to you, friend!

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Bless you.   Yours words totally enraged me.    Dogs are my heart.  The neighbor better be glad it was you and not me.    

Try not to take it so badly.  Onetime I returned a pitbull female that showed up at my house   She was scared up but I thought maybe she had had a rough life.  He owner claimed her but she didn't won't to go with him , that is when I should of listened to my instinct but I didn't due to I thought maybe I had spoiled her the week she was at my house , so I made her go with him.  I didn't like the feeling the man was giving me but what could I do, she was his dog.  

After it was all over with that evening my neighbor told me he was a fighter and he steals people pets for bait to agitate the dogs and with her being scared up she was probably a bait dog.   I was literally sick at my stomach.  I called animal control and the police and told them the story but they didn't care.    It was unlike me to advertise a found dog. I usually just keep them but I don't know if it was a lesson meant for me to learn in trust or what.  I went by his house everyday for a week.  He lived up the road from me. I never seen Rosie (what I named her lol) again. She was never tied out like the other dogs he had.  I'm still haunted by this.     

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Guilty 

IMG_6912.JPG.jpg
IMG_6912.JPG.jpg  •  15KB

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

It's a shame in this world that animals have no rights when it comes to abuse. Once in a while you can find a caring person in law enforcement that follows through with doing something about it, but as Rene mentioned her call was ignored. Perhaps the humane society in your area can give you some info on if the law enforcement in your area to see if they follow through with abuse and neglect issues. Here in my state there are laws that penalize animal abuse. Just a thought, if you feel that if you do more it would make you feel better? It's really hard thing to have to bear witness to.

Blessings

WetPaint
@wetpaint
last year
8 posts

@rene, @cat-whisperer, you are both angels. In many ways. We'll just keep doing what we can. Thanks.

bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
last year
169 posts

I hope you feel a little better cause it can be hard what we sense So many people don't get involved with anything that is going on...the ole saying 'mind your own business'?  You sensed it and went with it and then you even called to follow up on the dogs!  Both of those dogs know what you did and the one that didn't make it has maybe chosen to watch over you for being so kind :).  I am really learning now that things are not what they appear to be.  

WetPaint
@wetpaint
last year
8 posts

Thanks @bunnigirl. I think my followup call was because I wanted to be wrong:-(  I do feel better just venting with kindred spirits. Sometimes this can be a lonely world. So glad you all are here!

4peace
@4peace
last year
187 posts

@wetpaint,

Oh, that is terrible.  I'm so glad you got to save one of them!  You did awesome by doing something - most people would just complain then forget about it!  You make me want to cry though -  Knowing stuff can be hard sometimes - especially hard if we start to doubt ourselves.  So don't :)

Much love,

Rhonda

4peace
@4peace
last year
187 posts

bunnigirl:

I hope you feel a little better cause it can be hard what we sense So many people don't get involved with anything that is going on...the ole saying 'mind your own business'?  You sensed it and went with it and then you even called to follow up on the dogs!  Both of those dogs know what you did and the one that didn't make it has maybe chosen to watch over you for being so kind :).  I am really learning now that things are not what they appear to be.  

I love that bunnigirl!  The dog that didn't make it is now a guardian spirit :)  Lovely :)

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

I too am a huge animal lover. I have raised dogs all my life and currently have two golden retrievers that emanate such love and joy that just seeing them is instant joy and grounding for me. I can't imagine having to witness and hear a dog howling in pain. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm anxious just thinking about it. But it sounds like thanks to you one of the dogs will survive.

In my mind, dogs in particular are special animals and really are man's best friend. They have such unconditional love. I have heard that through reincarnation we live many lives and come back many times to elevate our soul and learn lessons. And I was told that the Hindu's believe that when your soul has lived many good lives and learned all the required lessons that you come back one final time as a dog. There is no doubt in my mind that dogs have peaceful loving souls.

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Hop Daddy:

I too am a huge animal lover. I have raised dogs all my life and currently have two golden retrievers that emanate such love and joy that just seeing them is instant joy and grounding for me. I can't imagine having to witness and hear a dog howling in pain. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm anxious just thinking about it. But it sounds like thanks to you one of the dogs will survive.

In my mind, dogs in particular are special animals and really are man's best friend. They have such unconditional love. I have heard that through reincarnation we live many lives and come back many times to elevate our soul and learn lessons. And I was told that the Hindu's believe that when your soul has lived many good lives and learned all the required lessons that you come back one final time as a dog. There is no doubt in my mind that dogs have peaceful loving souls.

My  best , wisest friend ever was a Golden Retriever name Red When he passed I think he took the best part of me with him

such spiritual dogs 

IMG_3443.JPG.jpg
IMG_3443.JPG.jpg  •  101KB

updated by @rene: 11/16/16 01:26:55PM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

Rene'':

Hop Daddy:

My  best , wisest friend ever was a Golden Retriever name Red When he passed I think he took the best part of me with him

such spiritual dogs 

What a sweet fur baby! He looks very wise. Thanks for sharing 😊

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book