Constantly Distracted

To post a reply, login or signup

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
507 posts

I know it is a common empath trait to be bored and easily distracted. As a result, I often find it difficult to concentrate at work because my empathic radar is up and I find it hard to stay focused on the job at hand. I'd love to find a way to control this where I can turn down the empathic feelings at work but then turn it back up after work when I have time to focus on being an empath? Does anyone have any tips on how to do this? Or maybe there is a specific crystal or stone that's useful for this? Thanks.

updated by @hop-daddy: 03/21/17 07:17:23PM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

I have so much to say about this.  I don't know where to start 

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

I haven't worked in a couple of years now but when I did I worked in quality control but I was actually the quality /psychologist/nurse/peace keeper/mother. Lol.   I worked 3rd shift for 20 years in quality because I don't sleep much anyway.  When I stepped though the door at night people would start calling my name. The 2nd shift seem they could not leave without filling me in on their day then 3 Rd could not get started without my help. .  I knew way to much stuff about the people I worked with.   I knew who's kids were sick and he was cheating on who.  I knew all of this without asking.   I was like a priest in a confession booth. It was way to overwhelming for me for years.   To tell you the truth I don't know how I survived.    So much hurt and struggling.  This people that worked on the floor did not get paid for their worth and the day to day struggle was real.    I felt ever bit of it.  What got me though it , I think, is my high vibration I put off.   But it seemed to attract more people.   They would get in trouble for being in my office.    

The all new I was all about love and they needed to feel that.   They worked so hard try to make ends met.   

I often cried on my way home in the mornings due to all the emotions I took in.   

I would ground myself and pray so hard for them some peace.    

I then receive custody of my little granddaughter and to meet her needs I quit me job.   I missed it so much but I have a three year old that has more energy than a shift of people. Lol.   

I just don't know how to cut it off completely because , in some ways , I don't won't to cut it off because I love people so much and I want to help.   

I meditate daily and I pray a lot.   

I'm pretty much introverted now and I love it but I do miss people sometimes.    But I needed the rest. Lol. 

updated by @rene: 11/14/16 07:35:56PM
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Oh my goodness I can relate to this SO much...... It's so hard. I'm really, really distracted by this one guy right now, actually. Feeling/reliving his emotions. :/ Yikes. I wish I knew how to stop! 

I also am distracted even when I don't have a crush on someone, so that makes going to school online a very difficult thing. My best advice is to find ways to love your work more. I find that when I really bored and distracted I'm not really paying attention to the things that are there to be appreciated about my life or my work. 

Also, it takes practice. Keep redirecting your focus and that might help :) 

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Rene'':

I haven't worked in a couple of years now but when I did I worked in quality control but I was actually the quality /psychologist/nurse/peace keeper/mother. Lol.   I worked 3rd shift for 20 years in quality because I don't sleep much anyway.  When I stepped though the door at night people would start calling my name. The 2nd shift seem they could not leave without filling me in on their day then 3 Rd could not get started without my help. .  I knew way to much stuff about the people I worked with.   I knew who's kids were sick and he was cheating on who.  I knew all of this without asking.   I was like a priest in a confession booth. It was way to overwhelming for me for years.   To tell you the truth I don't know how I survived.    So much hurt and struggling.  This people that worked on the floor did not get paid for their worth and the day to day struggle was real.    I felt ever bit of it.  What got me though it , I think, is my high vibration I put off.   But it seemed to attract more people.   They would get in trouble for being in my office.    

The all new I was all about love and they needed to feel that.   They worked so hard try to make ends met.   

I often cried on my way home in the mornings due to all the emotions I took in.   

I would ground myself and pray so hard for them some peace.    

I then receive custody of my little granddaughter and to meet her needs I quit me job.   I missed it so much but I have a three year old that has more energy than a shift of people. Lol.   

I just don't know how to cut it off completely because , in some ways , I don't won't to cut it off because I love people so much and I want to help.   

I meditate daily and I pray a lot.   

I'm pretty much introverted now and I love it but I do miss people sometimes.    But I needed the rest. Lol. 

spoken like a true service-to-others person. You are doing all right.

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts

I agree with kit kat.  The days I somehow block out everything, I'm in a zone at work and nothing stops me.  The days I walk into work and can feel that thick pea soup feeling of stress in the office, I feel like a loose canon.  It takes a lot of energy out of me just to focus on those days and then I come home and just crash on the sofa.  What has helped me is taking my ear phones and listening to music.  I don't know why or how.  But it works, and I will say I wouldn't be able to tell you the last song I heard :)

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
507 posts

Thank you for everyone's comments. That's what I love about this community. You get all sorts of varying feedback. I really like the idea that @hermeshh suggested about keeping a journal and trying the volume control technique.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book