Needing guidance

To post a reply, login or signup

Ayastigi
@ayastigi
last year
5 posts

All my life I've felt different, special. When I was younger and even still today I have what my parents would call prophetic dreams. I never knew what they meant until the events in my dreams happened. I've always known when someone was telling me the truth or not. I've only seen three spirits but have felt and heard much more, while they are ususally no big issue I have no way to tell what they want. I was told a year ago by a psychic that I am an empath and my mother was an empath and my grandmother was some sort of healer. I am native american by birth but was adopted by white people so I've live a white person's life for a long time. I started learning my heritage and becoming more spiritual and now am hearing more. so far I have no communication with any of these spirits. the ones I have seen don't speak. the ones I have heard don't speak clearly or I am not in a position to understand. I don't know how to center myself or anything and I want to learn. I have recently found carrying my birthstone (jasper) keeps me somewhat calm and rubbing it gives me a whole new aura. One of my kids must have found it and done something with it because since it's been missing I feel lost. I happened to stumble across this site while researching empaths and researching how to center, however it's not something I want to go into blindly without experienced guidance. more of a fear of the unknown. I am not religious Earthly religions don't impress me and I feel as if I don't belong so again I am lost. 

updated by @ayastigi: 03/20/17 05:18:19AM
bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
last year
169 posts

Hi,  I can very much relate to the lost feelings you have and hope you can find comfort in someone understands how you feel.  I relate to your lost feelings and being told you are an empath a short time ago.  I was told Feb or so myself from a osteopath and not knowing she was more than her title and a healer with other abilities.  I feel you should try your best to ground youself by standing or sitting on grass and do what the trees do which is feel your feet grounding into the eatth.  I also discovered that distractions such as keeping busy  or watching tv is also considered not being grounded.  Maybe you are not hearing what is being said to you be because right now in time you are not meant to know?  That alone can be hard to do because as empaths we know we are meant to heal others but need to be strong in ourselves first so we don't get overloaded with others emotiona/physical feelings?  This firum is a very loving forum and we all help each other because we need help too and we find it here...

Ayastigi
@ayastigi
last year
5 posts

On a side note I cannot stand being in the same room as my step son. There is a ton of negative energy almost evil energy that makes my blood boil. Anytime he's home I can't be inside it becomes too much. What's this about? How do I deal with it?

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

Ayastigi:

You came to the right place. I think all empaths would agree that we often feel like we don't belong in this world. And that is because we feel everything from others and all that energy hitting our senses makes us feel overwhelmed, confused, and out of place.

My kids are empaths and are teenagers. Sometimes it is hard to be around them (as an empath). As an example, my daughter will come home with all the stress she picks up at school and just projects it out. And it’s very intense as she passes that negative over to me. This could be why you have trouble being around your step son. Of course, teenagers are generally full of negative and even rage at times. So he may not be an empath, you may just be picking up on his negative energy. That's what we empaths do. We are energy sponges.

I like you have always felt very knowing. It's a classic empath trait. I also have sometimes have had prophetic dreams. And having run-ins with ghosts is also part of the deal with many empaths. I rarely see ghosts but hear them trying to get attention all the time and even hear them whisper to me. They are very attracted to empaths. It can be a little unnerving but you get used to it as the majority of them mean no harm. They are just stuck and are trying to find their way to the light.

Every empath needs to learn how to ground out the negative that you absorb. Otherwise you will feel just aweful day after day as the negative builds up. I have found that by taking a bath with rock salt that it pulls the negative out of my body (it really works). And gem stones have also been a sanity savior for me. There are some good ones that absorb or deflect negative energy so that you're not absorbing so much of it every day (black obsidian or black tourmaline). Here's a link to a recent post that I think will be a good place for you to start to see what has been suggested by others. 

http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/community/forum/tools-for-empaths/44311/looking-for-new-tools

You'll meet some really awesome fellow empaths on this forum site so feel free to ask away on questions so that you can find the answers and balance that you need in your life. 

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

One more note on your step son. And I’m just guessing here so hopefully I am wrong. But empaths and narcissists don't mix. You will find that when you run into a narcissist that you and he/she will despise one another. I get this in public all the time with people I have never met before. I can spot a narcissist a mile away and they most often can spot me and seek me out of curiosity. And like you I get the feeling in my gut that a narcissist is just a bad person to their core. I get repulsed and angry in their presence. I don't know if your step son fits that personality category as that would be really hard for you to deal with. Until you figure that out I would definitely get some black tourmaline, or black obsidian to carry with you to try to neutralize the negative and anger that you are dealing with your step son.

Ayastigi
@ayastigi
last year
5 posts

Hop-daddy: 

I can grasp what you mean because I can see some narcissistic traits in him, but I think it's more evolved than just that. I'll look deeper into it to see what comes out. I'm assuming the negative energy is what's sparking my rage. I'll definitely look into the obsidian I had some as a child and it seemed to calm me then.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

I have a 14 year old son and despite my love for him, some days I want to kill him. :) Everyone knows that teenagers are stressful to be around. And in my case I often get keyed up from being an empath and then don't interact well with my son who can be sullen, mouthy, angry etc... The crystals/gem stones have really helped me be closer to balanced each day. Some days I'm impressed when someone gets emotional around me and it barely phases me.

I wear a bracelet that has amethyst, quartz, lapis lazuli, and black obsidian. And I also keep a black tourmaline stone in my pocket. A lot of people also like to Rose Quartz as it surrounds you with inner and outer love. Using crystals doesn't melt away all of your problems. But I've noticed on a good day it probably removes 60-70% of the negative energy around me. As a result I am a lot calmer and can think clearly. But you do need to clean and energize your gem stones as they will lose effectiveness every 3-4 days if you are around a lot of negative. Do you need tips on how to clean and energize them?

P.S.- My Great Grandmother was full blooded Native American. I am about as white as they come but it's a fun part of my family heritage. Native American's have a rich history of being connected to spirit & earth. I often wonder if that's the side of my family where my empathy came from.

Ayastigi
@ayastigi
last year
5 posts

Considering that I am extremely new to all this, yes I would need cleansing tips. You'll have to forgive me this is a completely new world to me as I'm sure it was to all of you once as well.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

Crystals and stones need to be cleaned and energized. When you buy a new crystal at the store it may have other's energy on there so it is good to cleanse it. I usually put the crystal in a glass of water and rock salt for 24 hours. I then put the crystal out in the sun for 24 hours as well. I also will put certain stones like black tourmaline that absorb negative out in the sun to "charge" every few days. They take in so much negative for you that they need a break to get new sun energy and get a new charge. Others will tell you of other methods but I've found using the rock salt and sunshine works for me.

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Your mentioning of feeling lost amid the many earthly religions out there caught my attention! The church I belong to is actually the only church in which I feel at home, despite being empathic. The people of the church aren't perfect (of course), but the organization and authority of the church are. I've never seen/heard spirits, but I have a lot of faith that many people can, and that goes right along with everything we believe in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Have you heard of the LDS church? If not, I'd love to chat about religion if you want, or there's a great website called mormon.org that you can go to. Please don't think I'm doing any kind of sales pitch or anything... That would definitely go against all my values and my empathic nature; but I can't help but try to share all the light I've found in becoming so close to God through this religion.. The world can feel so dark sometimes especially for us sensitive people <3 Anyway, I hope you have an awesome day! 

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts

Hi...I too was adopted by a white family....I'm canadian indian.....aboriginal or 1st Nations...I prefer 1st Nations....I too am journeying back to my roots both family and spiritually. ..I've found 1 sister out of 6 siblings...we were all separated when we were taken during one of those sweeps by the government...but one thing I realize is that my heritage has always been with me....my spirit ancestors have been protecting me from the beginning....especially since my separation from my people....as you have been....all you need to do is ask them....they're not far away....learning how to smudge and reaching out to them will bring to you much that you have lost....the smudge is a great way to invite these spirit guides and ancestors as well as the Grandmothers and Grandfathers and Great spirit to you....and reconnect to the spirit world....they're really looking forward to reconnecting to you...learning the smudging ritual in the aboriginal way would be a good place to start....

Bing
@bing
last year
547 posts

Native Wisdom.jpg

Bing
@bing
last year
547 posts

Hi Ayastigi

Many of us have felt as you do.  We have had to leave a lot of our earth connections behind as we evolve.  You will find that you have to empty the glass in order to refill it.

Throw some love into the wind.

Bing

Empath 180.jpg
Empath 180.jpg  •  51KB

Awakened 161.jpg
Awakened 161.jpg  •  41KB

Empaths 27.jpg
Empaths 27.jpg  •  75KB

Lightworker 81.jpg
Lightworker 81.jpg  •  176KB

Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
last year
44 posts

Ayastigi,

Don't know what tribe you came from given your name, but I have worked with a lot of Apaches who have shared with me that, after some research, there was a Medicine Man in their family somewhere down the line.  It sounds like you already discovered this ability has been passed down to you by your grandmother.  You may be driven to explore your roots traditionally.  Though, Empaths are also across cultures and heritages.  It is truly something that you are born with and a real part of you.  Naturally you will want to search for answers. If you don't find them in your cultural roots, we will also be happy to help you, as we are many and from every culture imaginable.  We are transcendent among humanity. Most of what you will find will come from yourself and the experiences you are led to by what most folks refer to as the creator.  No matter where you come from or your life experiences leading to now, you are not alone. 

- KnightHawk

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book