How do you boost self confidence?

To post a reply, login or signup

mommy4
@mommy4
last year
28 posts

Hi I've been taking time to myself to center myself better. But,  I'm still having trouble maintaining my self confidence in my Empathy.  It's taken my whole life to admit things to myself about myself and I'm coming to terms and peace.  I believe that I'm a empathy within my heart but I'm having a hard time believing sometimes.  Recently,  I've lost my necklace when I got so mad I ripped it off my neck and right now I can't get a new chain for it.  My necklace was charged and cleansed so it was kind of important to me during this time of learning to deal with my napkins path.  I don't think I relied on it to always have to be with me (I wore it to sort of remind me that I've found out something new about myself and it reassures me that I have confidence in myself to continue my path to do what I've always done is help people with the help of my gift and knowing that is not necessarily a new found gift it's always been a part of my life but I didn't know about it.)  I've even told my best friend about my gift.  I necessarily don't tell just anyone about my gift only my fiance and now my best friend knows.  I told her in a private message through the internet since she now lives again in her home state which is different from where I live.  I don't know how she has taken me telling her.  I was hoping n thinking that with everything she told me (her life moments, which I accepted)  that she would be OK with me telling her this and she would understand and we've been best friends through thick and thin, living in different states majority of our friendship, for going on 9 years this coming year. But,  she hasn't responded to my message after I told her to tell me how she feels. But,  I think my self confidence is going based off of her feelings.  It think even though she's in another state that I'm feeling that she didn't take it as well as I thought or hoped she would and it's causing my self confidence to fall. I've thought about maybe trying to message her again to get a clearing in this negativity to try to talk her through it but I'm not sure.  Is been a while since I've told her (maybe a week or so)  and we haven't talked since that day and I know she's read it because she checks her account and messages daily normally.  I told her how important to me this was and basically that I was going out of my norm to have the confidence to tell her and she hasn't replied.  Should I talk to her?  Will this help my self confidence to get better once I know that at least I tried?  Im also even telling myself, " you can't be special, " or "it's just you bipolar acting up," or " this is silly to believe in that you have a gift" (I believe others can and do have gifts but I don't think I do sometimes because if I did then I wouldn't self doubt myself)  I feel that if someone has a gift they are certain of themselves more than I am.  But,  other times I'm like hey that relates to me so much or I feel right going through my witchcraft studies (more recently I've found Celtic Witchcraft to be my choice because of my beliefs and my heritage)  and I feel right when im talking with other empaths because I'm learning about something new and exciting and I feel free.  I'm consistently lighting incense because my kids are going through let's just say a nasty phase and it makes my house smell good and warm and inviting during the change of the seasons but it makes me feel warm, calm,  centered, balanced, and just good all over.  I feel that I was almost "knocked off my horse ". And I'm trying to regroup myself. My life overall has been getting better and tolerable no more anxiety attacks so it's a good thing and I've become more talkative towards my husband about his energy when he gets home from work is different and it affects me.  He's a different person there then he is here and it's been afecting everyone and I've been able to communicate that with him without him and I getting into a argument, we've been able to balance more with our talking instead of arguing and he even gave me a night away from the kids last night and do what I want to do last night and it was for the most part fun and enlightening. So,  good and bad emotions have been going around that I've been working with by communication with my fiance so the bad emotions will subside.  I'm also at a cross path that my fiance has been showing signs of empathy also if I'm understanding empathy correctly myself. I don't know whether to tell him this or not.  But he's defiantly showing signs. He's accepting of "anything can happen" is his philosophy on me being a empath.  But,  I know he encountered a spirit as a child but he doesn't like talking about spirits otherwise.  He says if you at like you don't notice them then they won't act up (talking about mostly my ghost shows I like to watch but he thinks are mostly fake)  he believes in spirits though because he told me about when he saw one but anything on tv he gets almost defensive sometimes talking about spirits or encounters with them. Thank you for responses in advance and patience in my lengthy post.  And Blessed Be :)

updated by @mommy4: 03/12/17 11:37:48AM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Hello.  About your friend...you put the pot on the table, give her time to feel it out.   Remember , people that arnt like us have no idea of who we are.  I can see where it may be hard to believe if you have never experienced it.   Give her time.  I was lucky having a friend that was very heavily into Christianity and with a very open mind.  She has never doubted me because she believes in faith. I'm also happy I found this forum.  

I really don't count on approval of others to raise my vibration. The universe running though me let's me know that I am alive.    I don't really care any longer what people thinks.   I just do my thing.  Live and let live.   

It's good to research every religion and or practice.  I'm a researching nut. Lol.    

I love Celtic music. 

Witchcraft isn't my thing but if it's yours then go for it. You have got to believe in who you are no matter what.    Where ever your path takes you , love yourself   Because you are loved  by the universe  

updated by @rene: 11/07/16 08:28:50PM
mommy4
@mommy4
last year
28 posts

Thank you for your response is given me something to think about.  I thought my friend would react more openly because like I said she's had some things in life where I supported her and we still remained friends and I thought she would be OK with it because some of her things that I supported her through has been more of less phases for her and they were in a way life changing and I supported her.  I just wander why she is so hesitant.  She went through a phase believing she was bisexual and I was OK with it.  I just told her that I wasn't that way but I accept her decision for her and that her and I were clear that we were just friends. And she loves things sort of unusual she's open minded about religion and other aspects like witchcraft (she got really into Harry Potter)  so I assumed she would be more open minded about my gift. 

bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
last year
169 posts

hi. I always got support from my best friend but very recently she didn't support me  and it was very setting because she always backs whatever crazy thing I thought.  I realized before she said it  but it was OK if she didn't understand it and that I didn't really need her or anyone support as it's my life .  we come down here alone and we leave here alone.   we all have our separate journeys and people I can always understand it if they're not in the place.  she has super crazy things that she's doing on her life and I support all of them most of it's not right but  am I to judge.   I am also bipolar or should I say diagnosed bipolar.   I honestly think things that I share with people that are close think I'm just losing my mind again but now I understand why I have extreme emotions .  someone had to tell me this and it's definitely what empaths struggle with which is emotions all around us emotions not even close to us and we have a hard time distinguishing what is there and what is ours.   in that respect that is what can drive us crazy and society can label us as bipolar.  I constantly  balance myself every day and center as much as I can and then go with the extreme ups and downs of those around me .  it is better but one thing that I struggle with is when you don't know any real life empaths in your life physically and how alone that feels.  this forum  takes away some of that loneliness because I see people going through the same stuff I am right now and we all can't be certifiably crazy.   lots of energies are going around right now on this earth bad and good and everybody actually is reacting to it and we react more so but it's important that we try to bounce ourselves and ground ourselves every day and shut out the noise of other's and I'm learning that through the people that help me on this forum.   I hope you find the same to just give it time ...

mommy4
@mommy4
last year
28 posts

Thank you for your enlightening response. Sorry haven't responded for a while. Busy,  busy,  busy mommy ha ha... But I actually wrote back to her and asked if she was OK with my decision or did she need to talk about it and it turns out to be a misunderstanding.  She was like I felt she would be... She's saying if I feel that passionate about it then do what I think is best and she was accepting of it and everything.... I think that gave my self confidence a slap in the right way ha ha.... That the people I was afraid to tell but wanted to tell was accepting of it 100% . So,  I'm trying to boost my confidence a little more. 

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book