People who block yoi

To post a reply, login or signup

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts
I really had no idea what to post in the title that made the most sense. BUT I was curious to know do any of you feel like you just can't pick up on someone? Like they don't want you to feel their emotions? I've always wondered if those people were gifted themselves and knew how to control it.
updated by @tigerlily: 05/17/17 09:55:21PM
Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

Yeeessss oh my gawd yessss! Do they know? Are they skilled???? The couple that come to mind with me have been previous intimate partners with whom I have picked up a lot but there were so many occasions where they had massive blocks up! In the end I let go of these relationships,  1 because I became really tired of always second guessing my position with them, the other they cut ties and I had no choice! What I realised though with the one I let go of, it wasn't just me they were blocking, it was almost everyone and it is because of a lot of trauma that they have been through (yes this is fact not just what I picked up as we'd discussed it a lot and that was our common ground was our similar previous experiences) but those walls would go up sporadically and I could never understand why when they had been so open to me at one point and then shut down at other points. Now I know it was more to do with them than me.... but, do they know? Are they empaths? These are 2 people that I believe to be empaths but don't know or if they know and are just not saying.... either way it's no longer my business. But so so frustrating!! 

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts

I do want to add, that it's not that I want to know how they are feeling.  But it's more like "how do you do it".  I don't know how to explain.  It's the people that are to me "I just can't figure you out"  I will add that it is nice and almost like a fresh of breath air.  

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

I find that it’s about 50/50 when I run into an alpha male/female type who is also narcissist or sociopath (which often seems to be the case). They seem to know how to influence and mind control people and get really frustrated when they meet me and can't influence/control me (its like we empaths block them from doing what they are used to doing to people). Sometimes those types get really uncomfortable around me and their insecurities shine through. While other times they are hostile to me and block so all I feel is their contempt for me. It's interesting that all my life narcissist & sociopath types have been like an arch-enemy. They seem to hate me before they even meet me. They spot me across a restaurant or cocktail party and shoot me dirty looks (drawn to me like a magnet). And then someone introduces us and its like...showtime.

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

I met one guy once that just hated me from the start. Contempt. Later I found out indirectly that we had been in another life situation where he lost the argument big time as I was very senior to him. I suppose he kept it going that long. LOL I just mirror shield and its his own doing when it bounces back.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

Paul,

How do you mirror shield? I'm curious as to the technique.

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

Hop Daddy:

I find that it’s about 50/50 when I run into an alpha male/female type who is also narcissist or sociopath (which often seems to be the case). They seem to know how to influence and mind control people and get really frustrated when they meet me and can't influence/control me (its like we empaths block them from doing what they are used to doing to people). Sometimes those types get really uncomfortable around me and their insecurities shine through. While other times they are hostile to me and block so all I feel is their contempt for me. It's interesting that all my life narcissist & sociopath types have been like an arch-enemy. They seem to hate me before they even meet me. They spot me across a restaurant or cocktail party and shoot me dirty looks (drawn to me like a magnet). And then someone introduces us and its like...showtime.

Move found that since I have been doing a lot of healing work on self that those types - narcs and socios- just avoid me like a plague! Literally physically avoid me, they will look at me and stare me down but will not come close to me. I had an incident in the shopping centre a little while ago when a man Beelined for me and had his eyes fixed on me for about 50m, stopped turned around and came back towards me, stopped and just hung around about 10m off, then walked up to me circled around me but didn't come within 1 1/2m, then went to the other side of a small shopping stand and stood staring at me for about 10min while I waited at a counter. I then held eye contact with him and he upped and left. It was extremely strange and others approached me to see if I was ok as it was noticed by most other people around me. 

The following week I had another guy with similar energy who was walking in my direction (nothing to do with me just my direction) looked up and saw me and then detoured...... 

its very strange but I'm kind of enjoying now that I don't even have to deal with them!!! 

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

Paul:

I met one guy once that just hated me from the start. Contempt. Later I found out indirectly that we had been in another life situation where he lost the argument big time as I was very senior to him. I suppose he kept it going that long. LOL I just mirror shield and its his own doing when it bounces back.

I learned yesterday that you can make the choice to break or severe any past life promises or oaths that you may have with souls.... have you heard about this or know anything of it? I would assume it would be similar to cord cutting, but not sure. I am going to find out more about it as I have a few where I know it's a past life promise oath etc and I would like it severed! 

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

Hop Daddy:

Paul,

The mirror shield is the same as any other shield set with the intention of reflecting back the energy to the sender to bring to their awareness their own behaviours and actions. I've been doing this with a couple of people - along with cutting cords of previous hurts and forgiveness stuff - and have found a huge shift in dynamic and the way they interact with me... I also know it's been done to me by 2 different people and has been very effective in showing me the negative aspects of my own behaviour...

imagine/set up your shield, but as a mirror. I always call on arch angel Michael to assist and to also ask that it's reflected back gently in a way that serves to assist them sender in their own healing...  

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

In my opinion, for what it's worth.  

They may not be intentionally blocking you  but others in general.   I think when someone meditates grounds and uses shields /protection daily , it's hard to feel them.  I don't think it's necessary bad people. But I have met one person that I could not feel ,a  couple of years ago, I could not feel her at all then later found out that she was a witch, which not always a bad thing , but in her case it was but she practiced a lot.     

I know a few Empaths that stay so well grounded and shielded that the develop a " Poker" vib  and this is not to confuse other Empaths but others that intends to hurt them with their energy.   It also defends them from the day to day people they met .  They can choose who they let in.   

I have also read the type of shields you use determines what energy you let out or take in.  Some uses white or gold light for protection then others use pink if they are doing intuitive work so they can feel in order to channel or whatever .  Some surround them bricks or metal to lock everything out, some use moving shields.   I use white light and also moving vortex of fairy or star dust.     I usually use the vortex when I find myself out in the world and suddenly need more protection .  

I feel like grounding is as important because it keeps your emotions and reactions to a minimal to what others see or feel from you.   Breathing techniques are also useful  when practiced daily because it keeps you calm in stressful situations    I have had someone make me so mad but my mind automatically goes to those breathing techniques and it calms me and changes my reaction.  

Fear is th" big " one I have not been able to control   The fear of the unknown.   

Some Empaths may feel narcissistic but nothing can be further from the truth   The have gained control over their emotions and the emotions or energy they allow in   

When we go for years being Empaths that has no control of our emotions that we allow in , then start using techniques to control  it,  one feels as if they have lost their gift because they feel dead , feeling nothing , others don't tell you things any more and you feel useless but it's because you are gaining control of your gifts    We are not use to that peaceful feeling so it scares us but if you give it time, you will feel it as peace and time to work on yourself   

Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts

I would venture to say that people who block are gifted, I would not believe all are skilled.  I've been 'blocking' for years like 15 years... because I didn't understand what was going on and I stumbled across how to keep from dealing with it.  Unskilled for years until recently.  I don't think it's hard to tell the skilled from the unskilled.

Paul
@paul
last year
916 posts

Hop Daddy:

Paul,

I usually use the "suit" for that but you can do it also using your creative mind. Imagine and feel your favorite shield shaped as a sphere or egg shape. Think a mirror surface on it. A mirror shield is mainly used to reflect back crud thrown at you by others. You can add features to the shield that way. This works because we use our inherent co-creator abilities consciously. BTW, that can be applied to many things you wish to do not just shields. 

LOL Oh the suit, it looks much like in the pic but its transparent. I found that at the Place Of Great Silence behind a door while meditating one day. It has no seams and must be precipitated. The suit generates the shielding at high intensities when needed and also the stealth mode I use to pounce on some critters. 

updated by @paul: 11/06/16 04:48:20AM
D.Heidler
@dheidler
10 months ago
8 posts

Ok so I just joined this community to try and help me understand empaths because my wife is one.

I am posting in this thread because my wife has never truly been able to really read me. She has on occasions very few in our 6yrs together, but most of these times are just before I am about to loose my temper, not really even that it's like she feels that there is something about to happen that will make me loose my temper, (like once she was at work and had a feeling that I was about to find something that was going to cause me to loose my temper, so she called me just as I woke up and shortly after I found our kids in there room and they had gotten into the fridge and took everything out of it and dumped it on there bedroom floor) She says that there have been a few other times that she could read a little bit from me but for the most part she can't get anything. I don't mean to block her or anyone at all I don't even know how or why I am. I have tried to let her in but it really doesn't work.

I am not a bad person I know that, I truly love her more than anything and what nothing but her to be happy. I truly care for her. I know about her darkside and things that she has been through that aren't good and also know about all the good things she has been through. People find me easy to talk to even when they don't really know me they just start talking to me and telling me about things that are bothering them and going wrong. I listen to them with my full attention and do my best to give them advice if I can. but most the time I just listen and they end up telling me that they feel so much better after talking to me and that they truly don't know why they felt the need to tell me everything they did. I don't go seeking people out at all, I've never really liked large crowds of people.

Don't know what I'm really looking for here I just feel that I wanted to add to this post because it is about people that block empaths, I do it and I have no clue how or why I do, I don't try to at all its just something that is there some how.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
10 months ago
867 posts

D.Heidler:

Ok so I just joined this community to try and help me understand empaths because my wife is one.

I am posting in this thread because my wife has never truly been able to really read me. She has on occasions very few in our 6yrs together, but most of these times are just before I am about to loose my temper, not really even that it's like she feels that there is something about to happen that will make me loose my temper, (like once she was at work and had a feeling that I was about to find something that was going to cause me to loose my temper, so she called me just as I woke up and shortly after I found our kids in there room and they had gotten into the fridge and took everything out of it and dumped it on there bedroom floor) She says that there have been a few other times that she could read a little bit from me but for the most part she can't get anything. I don't mean to block her or anyone at all I don't even know how or why I am. I have tried to let her in but it really doesn't work.

I am not a bad person I know that, I truly love her more than anything and what nothing but her to be happy. I truly care for her. I know about her darkside and things that she has been through that aren't good and also know about all the good things she has been through. People find me easy to talk to even when they don't really know me they just start talking to me and telling me about things that are bothering them and going wrong. I listen to them with my full attention and do my best to give them advice if I can. but most the time I just listen and they end up telling me that they feel so much better after talking to me and that they truly don't know why they felt the need to tell me everything they did. I don't go seeking people out at all, I've never really liked large crowds of people.

Don't know what I'm really looking for here I just feel that I wanted to add to this post because it is about people that block empaths, I do it and I have no clue how or why I do, I don't try to at all its just something that is there some how.

Are you an Empath?

D.Heidler
@dheidler
10 months ago
8 posts

I truly don't know if I am or not to be honest. My wife feels that I could be but she is unsure as well. I am 31 will be 32 in march.

Rene''
@rene
10 months ago
1,194 posts
That's in how I found this community. I always knew I could pick up on every person i met..without speaking. Back then I called it "bad air/good air" around a person. Then one day I met my new neighbor and I could not feel her at all. Nothing . I started googling it then found the word Empath and been here ever since. Lol. Come to find out she did practice the craft and was well shielded because she could feel me feeling her. Sounds crazy I know. Lol. Some shields are tough to get though. Lol.
Nikki3
@nikler
10 months ago
116 posts
It may be you have some empathic abilities or maybe you are just a sensitive that's something you need to explore. It's likely that you pick done things up and have a negative feeling so you block it, whether it be conscious or not, it's become second nature.

Feeling and processing input is a skill that requires development. We take it for granted because it's become second nature to us in little things as we grow up. When those of us who have ' abilities ' come to realize them we start from scratch again. Like a newborn learning to walk only it's more work because we're not just unskilled we've actively turned it off for years.

So, you should meditate with your wife. Not only that you should take turns being quiet and letting the other read and feel. Spend time doing it at the same time and Spend time doing it by yourself. You need to spend quiet tone discovering and controlling yourself so you can know how you work. That way when you come together with your wife you know where you can start.

You're holding back for some reason like you don't think she can handle all your burdens. You can't go half way or give pieces, you have to trust her and open the door in its entirety. Let her look. At everything.
D.Heidler
@dheidler
10 months ago
8 posts

The problem is I truly don't know how to, and that's the reason I have been doing some research. In the past she had told me just a little about her being an empath and she really didn't go to far into it as, although I told her I was open minded and wanted to know about it she didn't feel she could full make me understand so it kind of just ended up not being talked about very much. Until recently after she made friends with a family that are empaths, my wife and myself started having some problem after she started spending a lot of time with them and it didn't help that one of them is a guy around her age. She ended up having him come to our house for a weekend so she could teach him how to cook. While he was here I didn't feel right and started to feel that there was something more going on, at the time I didn't know that he was also a empath and I couldn't understand how they got so close so fast. After that weekend she finally told me that at least him and his mother are empaths and that he can't control his abilities, that helped me understand how she could become so close so fast. We do still have some problems but things have gotten much better.

Also would like to share this. So yesterday my wife was having a bad day and for one reason or another she was picking up way more that she normally does, we had to go the store and while we were there she became overwhelmed. I could tell that there was something wrong and that she wasn't doing well so I stopped her and wrapped my arms around her with her back to my front. She decide to try and have us breath in sync with each other and as she knows that she can push anything she feels to me and it doesn't affect me at all, she did so and then tried to use me as a shield/barrier. It seemed to work at least for some time.

I have started to think that ever since she started spending time with this guy and his family she no longer had much of a shield and she seems to always be picking up on him even when they are so far apart.

Nikki3
@nikler
10 months ago
116 posts
Shields and emotion control require energy and maintenance just like taking out the garbage or mowing the lawn. you could schedule a time every day, maybe twice morning and night, where you spend 5 or 10 minutes just being in each other's presence. Meditate, explore, talk about it. Build this part of your relationship together to strengthen it,like you'd build a house brick by brick. It sounds like you have a pretty good start, your instincts and intuition will help you if you listen to them, i think deep down you do know. Take the time to do it, the rest will come.

You probably also need to talk about how risky it is to your marriage that she spend a lot of time and energy on this other person regardless of what they have in common or how good it feels to be understood. Slipping is very easy, getting back up is very hard. Talk frankly about it before it becomes a true problem.
updated by @nikler: 01/16/17 06:41:41PM

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book