What Makes You Feel Good?

To post a reply, login or signup

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

The majority of the forum posts are questions and comments about what makes us empaths feel bad or low and how to deal. And that makes sense since we are sponges for energy and negative seems to come through the strongest. However, a thought occurred to me to put up for comment what kind of people or things makes us feel good and light? I'm curious if any of you have been around a person or group of people that actually gave you a positive energy lift?

I have two stories to share that relate to this question. I remember vividly my grandmother being a person who just filled me up with love and positive energy when I was young. She didn't even have to say anything. Just being around her felt good and almost magical. I always left her house with a spring in my step. She is no longer alive and I can't say I have met another person who could give me such a positive lift. And then often around crowds I most often feel anxious and low. But I do remember being at a concert one time and an NFL play-off game another time where a huge crowd of people were really happy and synchronized in that happy moment. And I felt like that collective positive gave me a high feeling of positive energy. I am curious to hear your related stories.

updated by @hop-daddy: 03/26/17 02:35:39PM
Tundra2
@tundra2
last year
57 posts

Wow what timing, I was working on posting a similar question earlier today and I was having trouble figuring out.  I just decided to try it again when I saw your post.  I was going to ask what people think are the pros of being an empath.  I agree that a lot of  information deals with the problems of being an empath.  

My positive energy lift is enjoying nature.  I was on vacation recently and   majority of my time was being outside. I realized most of my vacations involve enjoying nature.  I feel an inner calm and peace.  

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
last year
216 posts

I like how we feel things so deeply, because even though it may really prove to be shitty some days, it proves to be amazing in others. It's all in the perspective, after all. :)

Aiden
@aiden
last year
32 posts

Nature. Nothing makes me feel as good and light as being in nature does for me. I'm from NYC which can be difficult at times as an Empath. Luckily I took a few trips this year and some of them included time spent in nature. I spent my 29th birthday in the El Yunque Rain Forest in Puerto Rico 2 months ago and it was probably the best birthday and day I've had in my life so far. I found a smaller waterfall (away from all the people at the bigger waterfall there which is the main attraction) where I spent most of my day in just sitting on a rock with my feet in the water. I was just taking in everything around me and felt so at peace which isn't something I've completely felt before. It was just so perfect and it suddenly started to rain which just made everything even more beautiful. I could cry just thinking about it (happy tears lol). Writing this finally gave me an idea of what to post as my profile picture which was taken on this magical day Happy 

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

been on some gay cruises that were pretty special. A few thousand guys partying, building a village/ family feel on a ship, and being relatively isolated and protected against other negative worldly energies (being surrounded by loads of salt water.... )

As for magical moments, used to sing in a church choir. We performed Bach's St John's Passion. Our conductor told us before the main performance to let go on the last chorus, to try and lift the roof of the church - that was exactly what it felt like!!! Amazing. Or after the London tube attacks there was a minute silence 2 days later. We all (all over London) left our offices, shops, etc and stood on the street, together in silence for that minute. The most powerful experience I have felt yet!! Admittedly the last two mentioned were not joyous/ ecstatic, but very beautiful!

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

The smell of freash cut hay, the smell of creek water,  walking up on deer and they don't run ,  laying in a moss bed, feel good vibes off of others, being able to meditate for an hour without interruptions, falling to sleep on the couch watching pride and prejudice,  listening to bugs sing, at dark , in the summertime,  uncontrollable laughter,  complete silence,  Peter Pan,  dew on leaves ,  the way my granddaughter says "yes" (yesh) ,  catching my dog staring at me for no reason. Lol   

The feeling of being totally alone but a presence sitting with me ...quietly...

these are pretty much my magical places and sounds.    

updated by @rene: 11/02/16 07:14:42PM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

Interesting feedback. I also enjoy nature and need to find a way to get a break and be outside more often.

So far only one person said they have experienced a rush of goodness being around another person or group of people in a happy moment. This is interesting to me because while it is so easy for us to absorb negative, you would think that we would also be able to absorb positive and happiness being around certain people or situations? I guess it's a bad time to ask this as there seems to be so much confusion and negative lately world-wide. It seems like all of humanity is off balance.

Bookworm
@bookworm
last year
85 posts

I actually have 2 people-related examples that came to mind when I read your post. My grandfather had I don't know how to describe but a very calm, peaceful, loving energy that always made me feel so safe and happy,  especially if we spent time alone together  (for example,  my family used to often go out shopping for the day and leave me to hang out with my grandfather when I was a kid,  because I hated shopping and would have tantrums and cry but when I was allowed to hang out with him and do some drawing or something I was totally happy). I didn't understand anything about empaths when he was still alive, but looking back with the knowledge I have now, i think he might have been one. 

The other one is my sister's wedding day - she and her partner had already been together for 10 years,  so he was already like part of the family,  but we were still all so happy and excited for her.  On the day the general atmosphere was amazing in a really positive way, but obviously she is my sister so I am very tuned in to her and she was just radiating joy to the point that if I think about it now I still feel that spark of happiness and it really is a special and beautiful memory for me. 

Cool topic :)

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

For me, my happy place is anywhere around water, especially lakes. My best vibes from people came from when I went to Jamaica. The water, weather, people were fantastic. It felt like such a spiritual place to me. I could have stayed there for a long time...a week wasn't long enough. Swimming in the ocean with the horse I was riding was magical experience...very refreshing topic. Thanks for taking me back there....great topic 😊

Blessings

Heavy Rains
@heavy-rains
last year
9 posts

Hop Daddy:

Interesting feedback. I also enjoy nature and need to find a way to get a break and be outside more often.

So far only one person said they have experienced a rush of goodness being around another person or group of people in a happy moment. This is interesting to me because while it is so easy for us to absorb negative, you would think that we would also be able to absorb positive and happiness being around certain people or situations? I guess it's a bad time to ask this as there seems to be so much confusion and negative lately world-wide. It seems like all of humanity is off balance.

It really can go both ways for me and I consider myself to be extra spongy. There have been a lot of people that I randomly connect with and immediately I am enveloped in this warmth and uplifting feeling. Usually I'm able to carry that energy with me for quite some time afterwards and it protects me from some of the negatives. I met this energy worker recently from the UK and just being around her totally uplifted my spirits. Although, I am easily influenced by negative energies as well especially if they pertain to hurting some one or some thing. Although, even when I get low, it doesn't take much to uplift me if some one is around with the right energy. 

In nature, I mostly enjoy water. Although I have hiked mount Washington and the dense fog was incredibly captivating. Although... it was also water haha. But it is what made it so special. When I go hiking and you can see when you are at the top, I always look to see if I can see the ocean or any other bodies of water, not so sure why.

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Hop Daddy:

I can only speak for myself but most of my life I have strived to be a loner. Lol.   I love people and they are so clingy to me but being alone in nature if where I find peace.    

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
308 posts

Being next to big body of water!!  I get so excited and happy i cant stand it sometimes.  Right now I can't decide which coast I want to move to!!   Being in the water is so cleansing for me.  I spent alot of the team at the beach on the great Lakes this summer.

But in the end I do enjoy the most doing things for myself,  as I feel I do everything for everyone and feel happy doing it for them.  But when those days happen I do for me, I'm very happy and relieved.  It really boosts my confidence and im like a new person.  (The beach this summer made me realize this)  But to know it hurt someone that my needs were important too, hurts me too.  I just take it that they are hurt and I felt it too.  But we too have to remember our happiness is important too, and there will be times we have to think of ourselves first.

Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

aww i wish i could say people! lol.... nature for me and most definitely the ocean. On the shores, rocky cliffs, jagged coastlines or diving into the depths. Im forever watching that horizon, for what i don't know, but it gives me butterflies in my tummy as the possibilities become endless! And sunsets! Sunsets are the one constant reminder that everything is forever changing, that light fades into darkness, and darkness brings that moment to retreat before being driven out by the power of light! hmm i think i need to spend another long day at the beach. thank you for the reminder 

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Paul:

Easy, helping other people in need.Laugh

True that!! Few things are more satisfying for me than that...

Some other things, though, that make me happy - 

Having "real" and deep conversations with people, making connections with strangers, love in general (especially the romantic kind since I'm hopelessly romantic haha), music that has healing resonance, finding things to laugh about (especially shared laughter), being part of the change in a lifted atmosphere within a place, succeeding at public speaking (this doesn't happen often since public speaking typically makes me so nervous I can hardly breathe, but it did this past week & I loved it!), being in nature, endorphins from exercise, being productive/proactive, making progress toward my potential, telling people things about their inner worlds and surprising them... I could probably go on and on :D

I suppose being an empath sometimes makes me really happy; I guess that's what I've learned from writing this!

updated by @kit-kat: 11/09/16 09:01:39AM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

Let's post more good! Got to thinking about more happies. Visiting the elderly in the nursing home and seeing thier faces light up when you address them by name; horseback riding in the woods; visiting family that is too far away; laughing till your stomach hurts and tears run down your face; the smell of honeysuckle; soaking up the sun on a warm day; doing something nice for a complete stranger; sunrises and sunsets so beautiful that they move your soul; gaining trust of a broken animal and healing their emotional wounds; music that takes you back to a wonderful memory...

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Cat Whisperer:

Let's post more good! Got to thinking about more happies. Visiting the elderly in the nursing home and seeing thier faces light up when you address them by name; horseback riding in the woods; visiting family that is too far away; laughing till your stomach hurts and tears run down your face; the smell of honeysuckle; soaking up the sun on a warm day; doing something nice for a complete stranger; sunrises and sunsets so beautiful that they move your soul; gaining trust of a broken animal and healing their emotional wounds; music that takes you back to a wonderful memory...

Love it all! :D

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

I am so glad that people are still commenting on this subject. We could all use some happy references and memories right now. I have done a pretty good job of grounding myself these past few months. However, I can't say I'm at my happiest. Consistent happiness has been elusive lately. I always hope to find examples of good people to go to that can give me an energy lift. But I can see from everyone's responses that finding radiant and positively energized humans is like finding a unicorn. 

However, some great "textbook empath" comments in this post turned to memories of happiness in nature. It’s textbook because every empath book recognizes that empaths are loners who are at their best outside enjoying nature. It appears that many of us fit that label. I live in the desert and feel pretty cooped up inside due to the high heat 7 months out of the year. I took a quick trip last weekend up north and visited the mountains. And experiencing hikes in the cool weather walking among the pine and aspen trees was magical and invigorating. It’s been a while since I have been up north so I forgot how great it makes me feel as an empath to spend time with nature in the mountains. I had a spring in my step returning to work after last weekend. I now realize that I need to take nature trips more often to feel my best.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts

HermesHH:

Thinking of my spiritual family, how good it is when we recognize each other, how good it is in the place where we are all equals, connected in love.

To see these reflected in the world we live in, the relationships we have, the challenges we experience, the lessons we learn in overcoming those challenges, the obsessions we give up to grow.

To know that eventually, families unite in love.

To know that whether in this world or any other world, families will unite. It is who we are originally.

To know that we feel because we want to connect, because we want to love.

There was a time, when we were together, the light was golden, it was beauty itself and we were in bliss. Yet due to the brightness of the light, we could see little. Thus we wanted a place where we could understand and perceive this light. Where we could live this light. This is where we are. We were never separated from that time, and we were never separated from each other or even ourselves. We merely wanted to perceive and sense, and thus we live, and thus we cherish.

Are we not yet happy with what we can see through the veils?

Listening to a song and thinking that this song could possibly uplift someone, could possibly give them courage to go through change.

Hearing a good comment, a word of praise, and wanting to spread that praise, that good feeling to others.

To see a young child help an elderly and to know that 'that' is within us too.

To see a leaf drop and know that it has served us, to express gratitude of its service to us by benefiting others.

To not really care what it all means, and simply experience the feel of every moment. Whatever it is, it feels best when no words can describe it and no labels can attach to it.

Beautiful 

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book