35 posts
I thought this was worth a share.

updated by @leafherder: 03/30/17 05:57:17PM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Thanks for sharing.  

Do you think HEP's and Empaths are the same thing ?   I personally think that Empaths has the HEP traits but somehow we are more than HEP's.   Like a step beyond that.  I guess my reasoning is due to most Empaths, but not all, have others traits like the "Clairs" group of senses or higher level of intuition.   I could be wrong though..it wouldn't be the first time. Lol 

Bookworm
@bookworm
last year
85 posts

I love this! 

Thanks for sharing

I actually came to understanding a lot about myself and about empaths from reading the same book she mentioned. It did start me on my path I would say.  I don't know if all empaths are hsps but it seems many are - I identify with a lot of the traits but not all.  But I am so grateful I found that book as it helped me to begin to accept myself and that I am not wrong or faulty or something just a bit different and it's ok.  I certainly don't think I'm better than anyone else but just knowing I'm not some kind of freak and that I'm not alone has brought so much comfort to me :) 

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Amen. Thanks for sharing. <3

RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
last year
110 posts

It seems that HSP and Empath abilities overlap with a HSP abilities being more tangible to every day people?

I can explain why I don't like horror movies but can't really explain how I could sense my then wife was having problem when she was miles away from me.

Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
last year
82 posts

Most Empaths are HSP. Not all HSPs (in fact not many) are Empaths.

HSPs are said to make up 20% of the population. Empaths are thought to make up less than 5%.

There is some overlap, but not as much as people seem to think. There are some common traits; but there has been a big confusion online about these two terms and Empath forums are often flooded with HSPs (confusing the two terms and assuming that as they are sensitive and empathic people they are Empaths) telling us more or less to just 'get over it', 'snap out of it', 'be positive', or just recognize we are all one, or similar guff that does not help anyone who is actually an Empath.

A lot of the ridicule and disbelief around such things as distance pickups comes from HSPs who think that whatever they experience is what Empaths experience, and that such things are therefore impossible or rare and only involve blood family in crisis, etc, when for some of us it's an everyday experience; and yet I've also encountered Empaths who refer to themselves as HSPs only, as they find online Empaths whiny special snowflakes and don't identify, and yet who clearly have psychic experiences of the feeling kind, such as Empaths have.

Leafherder
@leafherder
last year
35 posts

Wow, thank you for all the responses! I understood HSPs to be a broader category and Empathic traits as an extreme of that category with all the weird that goes with it. Do you know if any Empaths are not also HSP? 

I thought a voice of compassion speaking out for HSPs is one voice closer to compassion and respect for Empaths. <3

"As Krishnamoorthy said, 'There is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.'"

Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
last year
82 posts

There are Empaths who say they are not at all HSP. Hard to imagine, but that's what they say about themselves.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book