When an empath is around another empath

To post a reply, login or signup

bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
last year
169 posts

I know of an empath who just came into my life several months ago.  There is a definite intensity and it takes over and I am not sure if it is me or this other person feeling it or if it is mutual.  I can be within a few miles of them (without thinking of them) and then it starts up and its uncontrollable.  It takes a few days to shake off the intensity but then it starts all over again when seeing them again. How do you know when it is something you just feel or the other person feels or if its both and that explains the intensity?  This also happens with many other people in less intense situations that aren't personalized and I always think is it me that is feeling this or is it them but in this case it is one empath vs. another.  Let me know what you all think.  I just want to learn how to differentiate between my emotions and theirs which I guess is any empaths situation.  Let me know what you think as I would truly appreciate it...

updated by @bunnigirl: 09/17/17 11:51:01PM
Burleigh_surfer
@burleigh-surfer
last year
34 posts

I had a very good friend who was also an empath.  I was so happy to have her in my life, as we both could help each other out with what we were experiencing.  we used to hang out alot.

She was a movie buff...I couldnt sit in the same room as her while she went through all the emotions attached to watching movies, it completely spun me out or buzzed me out.  I remember vividly watching a thrilling movie with a group of friends and her energy just filled the room and made me feel like I was about to take off into outter space.  I had to walk into the backyard to ground and differentiate my energy again.  

Her dark moments used to claw at me too.  Its almost as if she just let her energy flow freely into the world with no care.

We didnt make it long as mates as her energy was ruthless and I didnt endulge her.  She found others to support her needs, others whom didnt feel as deeply.  

Having genuinely empathic friends is wonderful, as long as we can all keep our energies from bubbling over and spinning people out. I suppose after all that...she taught me to shield in a short period of time, as I had no choice to or I would be on her emotional rollercoaster.

bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
last year
169 posts

Thank you for telling me that story.  I guess that is my problem right now which is knowing if it's their emotions/physical I am feeling or is it mine.  Right now I haven't a clue regarding anyone I am around.  

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

My 13 year old daughter is an empath with me. And when things are going well for her there is a nice positive energy in the house. But when she is ungrounded and having a bad day it is like a bomb going off and effects even the non-empaths in the room negatively (but triple for me). My experience is that it can be hard for empaths to be close and live together. And just the other day I had a really bad and stressful workday and my daughter started feeling anxiety sitting on the couch near me at night. I believe that we empaths put off a lot more energy than your average person (both good and bad).

bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
last year
169 posts

Thank tou hop-daddy.  That makes we wonder about my daughter also.  I think she is an empath but we are not blood related but she is 5 and a very aware child.  It can definitely bring intensity into your home when you are trying to wind down from the day...

bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
last year
169 posts

Thank you @hoofbeats.  I definitely have to do more of that which is "what am I feeling" aside from what is being thrown at me from others...

Lori Jo
@lori-jo
last year
4 posts

Hop Daddy:

My 13 year old daughter is an empath with me. And when things are going well for her there is a nice positive energy in the house. But when she is ungrounded and having a bad day it is like a bomb going off and effects even the non-empaths in the room negatively (but triple for me). My experience is that it can be hard for empaths to be close and live together. And just the other day I had a really bad and stressful workday and my daughter started feeling anxiety sitting on the couch near me at night. I believe that we empaths put off a lot more energy than your average person (both good and bad).

I totally understand having a child who is an empathy and what that means to the household dynamics.  My son is an empathy and it was actually him who explained the term empathy to me...I never knew "what" I was.  He is married now and lives hundreds of miles away but he and I are so alike in so many ways, and we are both pretty much "loners" by necessity.  I struggle with my "gift" - I so intensely "know" and "feel" that it is hard for me to find social groups I can be comfortable with.  My son seems to be the same.

Lori Jo
@lori-jo
last year
4 posts

bunnigirl:

Thank tou hop-daddy.  That makes we wonder about my daughter also.  I think she is an empath but we are not blood related but she is 5 and a very aware child.  It can definitely bring intensity into your home when you are trying to wind down from the day...

I have a step-grandson who is 7 years old and I think he is an empath, also.  I am very interested to watch him grow up and support him as much as I can.

Lori Jo
@lori-jo
last year
4 posts

Hop Daddy:

Ah...auto spell..gotta love it.  "Empath" not "empathy" in my previous post!

bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
last year
169 posts

Wow, it seems as if there are a lot of empaths around us all!  Birds of a feather flock together.  :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book