Getting through high school.

To post a reply, login or signup

atomiclez
@atomiclez
last year
4 posts

Only in the past few years have I known that I am an empath, and only recently have I begun the arduous psychological changes that happen at sixteen. Despite my empathetic understanding of the world, I feel lost among it. I feel unable to show my true self in a hostile shifting environment. A shared distaste among empaths, unauthentic people make me crazy. And now feel like I'm one of those people, surrounded by those people. No one in high school knows a damn thing about anything, and I feel alone. Being a guy, certain things are expected of me that are contrary to my nature. Being in touch with your emotions is more of a hindrance than anything right now. But I can't help it. I absorb all the emotional baggage of twenty teenagers in one room. I just want to hide in a corner and never leave it's so terrible. Well to conclude, I would love some advice on this. I'm curious to know how other empaths got through school.

updated by @atomiclez: 02/26/17 11:31:18PM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts

Have you tried grounding yourself?   

As I observed others in high school, they were products of their environment.  That's why parenting skills are so important.  It's ok to feel and be who you want to be but never pass your fears from generation to generation.   Some of the most meanest people have deep rooted fears but chooses the mask of the perfect beings.  Be glad you are able to spot them at an early age.  

Rose3
@soralei
last year
49 posts

Okay grounding and shielding works well.One thing I like to do is do two dials one for my emotion and one for others.Try to keep the one for other people at 0 and yours at 10.Since you just became and empath you may be tempted to do dark things with your ability.Sure its funs playing with people's emotion and teenagers are really gullible,but it wont make you feel better.It will make you worse and you will just feed off of them and become a sadist.I am going to tell you here and now if you follow that path it will not end well.Try to love yourself and find who you are love is the key to controlling your ability.Not love with others empaths have a bad thing about constantly falling in love don't do that because you are mainly in the love with the person loving you are not you actually loving them.True love is pure and big its feels like the sun is out all the time it is radiant.Hate is the key to self destruction and manipulation it will send you on a downward spiral.

I'm sure everyone wants me to sugarcoat it but I'm not going to.I wish I had people there for me telling me how it would be.Also stay away from drugs big time empaths can easily get addicted to them mainly the males.Do not become addicted to let's say physical activities because that is also an easy go to for empaths. You will feel like there are two sides to you.The you as people perceive you and this spiritual being who is you unfiltered by the world and free.Try to stay as close to that spiritual version of you as possible.That is you with society chaining you do.It will help guide you but you have to do things within reasons of society and what you are comfortable with.

You feel like everyone wants to take and never wants to listen to you.People don't like hearing the truth and they love going to us to take that emotional burden off them.If you find a friend who drains you and always ask for advice and never takes it or always makes you feel like crap.Drop them fast it will make you feel better and keep you out of drama.Practice is key there are a lot of empaths who have these abilities who just don't use them they shield themselves and block others.We aren't here to be that.We are here to be a filter to help those we can do not help those who don't want to be help.They have to start by helping themselves it will only drain you.A lost cause is still a lost cause do not let people take your kindness for weakness.You have to be strong,loving but fair.You have to be fair toy others as well as yourself.You come first help the world and the people as much as they allow you.

This is a big one no one told me.If you have kids 9/10 they will be empaths the girls are more likely to be empaths then the males.Do not hide it from them teach them at an early age so when they become teenagers they won't have to go through as much as you are going to.If you need help with anything send me a message.Don't be afraid to explore your abilities be good and be true to yourself.This is not a curse it is a gift.I said way more then I thought I would :)

atomiclez
@atomiclez
last year
4 posts

Rose3:

Okay grounding and shielding works well.One thing I like to do is do two dials one for my emotion and one for others.Try to keep the one for other people at 0 and yours at 10.Since you just became and empath you may be tempted to do dark things with your ability.Sure its funs playing with people's emotion and teenagers are really gullible,but it wont make you feel better.It will make you worse and you will just feed off of them and become a sadist.I am going to tell you here and now if you follow that path it will not end well.Try to love yourself and find who you are love is the key to controlling your ability.Not love with others empaths have a bad thing about constantly falling in love don't do that because you are mainly in the love with the person loving you are not you actually loving them.True love is pure and big its feels like the sun is out all the time it is radiant.Hate is the key to self destruction and manipulation it will send you on a downward spiral.

I'm sure everyone wants me to sugarcoat it but I'm not going to.I wish I had people there for me telling me how it would be.Also stay away from drugs big time empaths can easily get addicted to them mainly the males.Do not become addicted to let's say physical activities because that is also an easy go to for empaths. You will feel like there are two sides to you.The you as people perceive you and this spiritual being who is you unfiltered by the world and free.Try to stay as close to that spiritual version of you as possible.That is you with society chaining you do.It will help guide you but you have to do things within reasons of society and what you are comfortable with.

You feel like everyone wants to take and never wants to listen to you.People don't like hearing the truth and they love going to us to take that emotional burden off them.If you find a friend who drains you and always ask for advice and never takes it or always makes you feel like crap.Drop them fast it will make you feel better and keep you out of drama.Practice is key there are a lot of empaths who have these abilities who just don't use them they shield themselves and block others.We aren't here to be that.We are here to be a filter to help those we can do not help those who don't want to be help.They have to start by helping themselves it will only drain you.A lost cause is still a lost cause do not let people take your kindness for weakness.You have to be strong,loving but fair.You have to be fair toy others as well as yourself.You come first help the world and the people as much as they allow you.

This is a big one no one told me.If you have kids 9/10 they will be empaths the girls are more likely to be empaths then the males.Do not hide it from them teach them at an early age so when they become teenagers they won't have to go through as much as you are going to.If you need help with anything send me a message.Don't be afraid to explore your abilities be good and be true to yourself.This is not a curse it is a gift.I said way more then I thought I would :)

When I first learned a lot of this I went a little crazy. Like you said I became a bit of a poisonous person. I was smoking a lot of pot (Among other things) to try and suppress what I felt, but in the end it didn't help, it only made it worse. Luckily I came out on top, haven't touched drugs since. I like how you put it as 2 sides of yourself. I have always felt like a lot of my personality traits don't mix well with each other, but I suppose that makes sense now. It's interesting my parents are empaths as well. It seems like a very dominant trait.

atomiclez
@atomiclez
last year
4 posts

Rene'':

Have you tried grounding yourself?   

As I observed others in high school, they were products of their environment.  That's why parenting skills are so important.  It's ok to feel and be who you want to be but never pass your fears from generation to generation.   Some of the most meanest people have deep rooted fears but chooses the mask of the perfect beings.  Be glad you are able to spot them at an early age.  

How would I ground myself? I hear that used a lot but I'm not quite sure what it means.

Rose3
@soralei
last year
49 posts

Grounding is when you picture all of the bad emotions you feel and you put them into the ground.I imagine dark energy floating into the ground and turning to flowers and orbs of good energy sprouting out. Shielding is when you think of a shield made of energy light dark earth etc. You make a bubble and keep certain emotions out and other emotions in.I like to form it perfectly around my body.Oh one more thing I do is when I feel a lot of bad energy and it gets to be too much I push it back to everyone kind of like a big blast of energy in all directions.I only do that when I am incredibly stressed. Also don't work customer service.I think what works best is having yourself as a filter for energy in the room. I intake bad energy and I turn it into good energy and flood my room with it.

Austin1977
@austin1977
last year
20 posts

Hey there,

I hear you loud and clear. High school for me was terrible. I was so different, sensitive, emotional, and so on. I remember hiding in the bathroom, because i was already 20+ min late to my second period class, because I didn't want to go. Suffering in a high school bathroom was heaven compared to all of those eyes looking at me as I walk into class, with the title as the weird kid, and late as usual. So I hear you. and I feel for you. 

Reaching out and talking to groups such as the Empath community, family, close friends, is important. You need to communicate these deep feelings. Don't expect or assume what the out come of these conversations will be, just let them happen the way they are supposed too. One day when my mom took me to school, she knew something was wrong. I opened up to her and told her I hated it. I expected her to tell me to get over it. However she helped me come up with a solution. That solution was finding me an alternative high school. BEST CHOICE I've ever made. Reach out. Vent these negative emotion (in a healthy way) and lets find you some solutions. 

One thing I learned late in the game, after i got out of high school, was the Law of No. It sounds mediocere, but it works. The idea is when you pick up on someone, feel a spirit, or have an emotion of your own, of which is distracting or obstructing, You say, "NO." You are in control of what you feel. You get to choose what you want to feel. And it is okay to say "No"

I feel like all of your feelings are part of a bigger picture, so you'll have to do a little self exploration too. 

Ill be praying for blessings, light, and positivity, to come your way from God. 

Austin 

atomiclez
@atomiclez
last year
4 posts

Austin1977:

Hey there,

I hear you loud and clear. High school for me was terrible. I was so different, sensitive, emotional, and so on. I remember hiding in the bathroom, because i was already 20+ min late to my second period class, because I didn't want to go. Suffering in a high school bathroom was heaven compared to all of those eyes looking at me as I walk into class, with the title as the weird kid, and late as usual. So I hear you. and I feel for you. 

Reaching out and talking to groups such as the Empath community, family, close friends, is important. You need to communicate these deep feelings. Don't expect or assume what the out come of these conversations will be, just let them happen the way they are supposed too. One day when my mom took me to school, she knew something was wrong. I opened up to her and told her I hated it. I expected her to tell me to get over it. However she helped me come up with a solution. That solution was finding me an alternative high school. BEST CHOICE I've ever made. Reach out. Vent these negative emotion (in a healthy way) and lets find you some solutions. 

One thing I learned late in the game, after i got out of high school, was the Law of No. It sounds mediocere, but it works. The idea is when you pick up on someone, feel a spirit, or have an emotion of your own, of which is distracting or obstructing, You say, "NO." You are in control of what you feel. You get to choose what you want to feel. And it is okay to say "No"

I feel like all of your feelings are part of a bigger picture, so you'll have to do a little self exploration too. 

Ill be praying for blessings, light, and positivity, to come your way from God. 

Austin 

Thank you so much Austin. I appreciate all of this more than you know.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
502 posts

I have a 13 year old daughter who is also an empath and we've had good luck sending her to school with protection crystals to help her survive and be focused. As you are experiencing she deals with a ton of drama and negative at school and through social media. Typically black tourmaline and black obsidian work best to help sponge up that negative before it gets to you. I gave her a blue lapis and black obsidian bracelet that I found on Amazon and it has really helped. As a guy you could just carry a couple small tourmaline stones in your pocket. But everyone is different and I find contact with skin helps (I also wear a protection bracelet under a long sleeve shirt at work).

The crystals do help but aren't going to be 100% effective. I think most days they keep 60-70% of negative off of you. But as others have noted, you need to be grounding every day after you get home from school. And on especially stressful weeks you may want to do a grounding exercise before and after school. Most people ground through meditation and when done right you can literally feel yourself becoming happier and lighter (like a weight of anxiety being lifted from you). If you do that daily then when you go to school the next day your armor is at full and you can handle a lot more than usual. If you want additional grounding tips then just private message me as I'm happy to share details. Best of luck to you.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book