Finding out You are an Empath.

To post a reply, login or signup

Khairi
@khairi
last year
11 posts

Hi everyone been a while since I've been on here I have been out trying to truly realize what's going on in my life and I believe I know exactly what it is now a few months ago I found out I was an empath it's been a long road I can say for sure but I will say this finding out that there isn't nothing wrong with you that there are others like you and that there actually is a name for what you feel and what type of person you are is a wonderful feeling so over the long course of time I was a bit unsure on if I was actually an empath or not but I know for sure that I am I have the sharing of the pain the just knowing of the good and the bad people and I believe I even have the natural healing. Others have always come to me for advice they are naturally comfortable around me, and I just have always been the type of person to throw someone before myself. I just want to know this is going out to any of you who are just now discovering you're an empath but also to those who have known they have been one for a while as well. Does anyone have any techniques for managing this they would like to share? I have tried the shielding but either I'm not doing it right or it just doesn't work for me I'm the type of person who overthinks situations and I always thought it was just bad anxiety so I have tried the depression and the anxiety medications but still will feel the same as if I didn't even try them, is anyone else this way as well? I have purchased a few crystals and those seem to help but I recently learned those have to be cleansed themselves can anyone explain a way to do this please if they can and I had one last question. Has anyone ever been to a public place where there is a lot of people and like I said before the shielding I either forget to do or I'm not doing it correctly. So being in an open place and around a ton of people negative and some good but is it possible for someone no longer living to attach to you and follow you home just because we are more sensitive? If so I believe it happened to me but quickly I did take care of it and would like to know if anyone else has had this happen to them. Thanks to all and I hope you all have a great day and thank you for reading my story.

updated by @khairi: 03/05/17 05:02:45PM
Renee
@renee
last year
137 posts

Hi @khairi welcome to the life of an empath! All of what your describing is normal for most of us. There's lots of awesome resources out there for you to learn from so make sure you check out the different topics on this site to get you started. Yes you need to cleanse crystals - this can be done a lot of ways- under a full moon is awesome, just leave them out and Luna will work her magic. I take mine to the beach quite frequently and just leave them in a mesh bag in the water for a few minutes. Attach an intention to this - ie have it clear in your minds eye that your crystals are being cleaned of any energetic buildup etc if you cannot get to the beach - mix up salt water with Epsom salts - great for you also if you can add this to your bath.... just a couple of ways to start. 

Shielding needs to be practiced. A lot. It can take a while. But if you are highly anxious it will make it difficult. Try some releasing and grounding techniques and also check out guided meditations on these on YouTube. There's some great ones available. But practice practice practice and you'll get it and then can move to the next part... 

your last question - can something attach to you? Yes. 

mommy4
@mommy4
last year
28 posts

Wow I'm finding myself giving this advice a lot lately today just in the past few posts... I related to you to the "T". What's helped me will help wonders I feel to everyone I've told.  I don't consider myself trained fully so I'm going on what I feel will help. If so great if not I'm sorry and if you wanna try something else I won't be affected because each is their own.  So here it goes... I first got all my energies relaxed by relaxing myself which is hard to do trust me. Calgon take me away lavender scented with honey is the new scent the original scent was lavender doesn't matter which one,  take a bath in it it's bath salts found at Walmart for $3. Next,  I stumbled on this one by accident but it helped... I bought a new body wash which turned out to have scrubbing salts in it and you feel like I've scrubbed away everything bad the soap is called Caress Tahitian Renewal. Then to get rid of negative energies and protect you from them find a necklace or something you can wear all the time "a pendent " cleanse it with a cleansing spell I like the one using the 4 elements.  Hold it over a candle flame,  hold it under running water (yes sink faucets are OK and convenient) wipe it with a clean towel or paper towel (they told me paper towel but having 4 toddlers 1 in school I didn't have any on hand so I used a clean towel),  sprinkle with salt (table salt is fine and handy also),  and run it through the smoke from a incense.  This made me feel much better.  Or u can cleanse by leaving the object in the moonlight all night and sunlight all day.  But,  after both of these spells which ever you choose you have to wear the object for 7-9 days to absorb your energy which was scrubbed good from your bath but it's important that nobody touches the object for 7-9 days but you so it doesn't absorb someone else's energy. And to continue the good energies pertain in mediation/ grounding and I've also thrown in yoga.  This is all done at comforts of home since I'm a stay at home mommy of 4. But,  most importantly empaths help others it's in our nature but who helps us?  Nobody else can feel what you feel unless they are a empathy also.  We know our needs but get lost in everyone else's.  You need to have time for yourself to unwind,  recharge,  and to just feel good about yourself.  Because how can you help someone through the fog if your affected by your own fog?  Hope this helps you.  Blessed Be :)

Khairi
@khairi
last year
11 posts

Wow thank you both so much for the responses I love the ideas I will definitely give them a try the 4 elemental cleansing is just absolutely amazing will definitely try it thank you 

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book