The loss of a child

To post a reply, login or signup

Jodi Hill
@jodi-hill
last year
89 posts

A few days ago my stepson passed away. he was 30 years old. It was apparently due to Heroin overdose. He had been depressed for a long time and I never really knew it. His dad and I split up almost 2 years ago and divorced late last year. My stepson stayed living in the town where I live and his dad moved to the state my daughter lives in. The rest of his family lives in Maryland as does his 7 year old daughter who will miss him terribly. I had just had a visit from him a few weeks prior to this and he seemed so happy as he had been in a relationship with a young woman who he said was wonderful and made him so happy and they had just moved into a house ready to start a life together.

What I also found out after they found him in his new home was that he had attempted to end his life several times prior. He did not have a very good upbringing as his mother was an alcoholic and his father was abusive to him his entire life even into adulthood and I've also recently found out that the man I was married to was providing his own son with prescription pain pills making my stepson pay his father for the pills he was being given as well as the pills the father was smoking dope with his son and apparently the pain pills lead my stepson to the heroin addiction which I knew nothing about until I got the call that he had died from an overdose.

I am so angry over this tragedy and loss of a life that could very well have been avoided and hurt that my stepson felt that he couldn't come to me and that he hid all this from me like he could handle the world all by himself. I know all about depression as I live it every day.

I am disgusted that the man I was married to that not only was messing around on me behind my back for years before I finally found out about it was also without my knowledge the cause of his son's drug addiction and the sad part about this is my stepson's daughter will grow up without her daddy now and it all started with her daddy's grandfather.

On top of this my stepson's dad, my ex is heading to Maryland for the funeral acting like he did nothing wrong and turning this tragedy into all about himself. My stepson was a very smart young man, handsome, a good dad and out going and friendly who hid it well the crap he was going through in his own head daily and I will live the rest of my life regretting that I was not there more for him when he needed me the most. I can only pray that my ex and Karma meet up sooner than later cause the man makes me sick to my stomach knowing what he did to his son..

updated by @jodi-hill: 03/09/17 02:07:50PM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
This is so tragic and so sad. I can relate to a point. My mother and father started giving my oldest son pain pills when he was 18 because he played high school football and had aches and pains. I told them if he needed meds that I would take him to the doctor and have him check out. I was very mad about it so they would give them to him behind my back. My mother was a precription drug addict. my father is prescribed pills also. Aches and pains of a 18 year old from playing football was an everyday thing. This continued into a drug habit, cocain then meth. He's 27 now and has been clean for 3 months. So yes, it is discussing to see a parent or grand parent promoting drug use. I have lived that first hand. And I think being under the control of a narcissist, like my parents, they will control anybody and everybody they can at any means necessary. So sad though , to feel you have to have control over people to be high on life. To get your thrills. I fought long and hard to get away from my parents then to see my son fall into their grips. My mom is dead now but my father is still alive, pushing pills.It's hard to be the good guy when the bad guys work so hard to make you out to be one.So sorry for his death. and I wish your ex could feel greif like you are going though but attention is the nature of the beast. He's probably sucking all the attention up from his death. I know that sounds hateful to say but I have seen narcissist is action too many time. But, your son is at peace now , peace within hisself. Bless your heart.
Jodi Hill
@jodi-hill
last year
89 posts

thank you. I just wish so much that karma would stop screwing around and hit my ex and knock that cockiness right out of him. even losing a child didn't do it.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book