How to stop feeling guilty over leaving someone you're not meant to be with

To post a reply, login or signup

Kayla-owl_of_the_Above
@kayla-owl-of-the-above
2 years ago
19 posts
in the past few weeks I've been trying to leave my husband. I broke it off a week ago, but I could feel his heart breaking and it guilted my into letting him go on dates with me even though I know he isn't good for me and I don't love him. Tonight I told him that it isn't what I want. I could again feel the hurt even though he was trying to be understanding. I can't help but feel guilty for hurting him, even though I know I will be happier without him. Any advice on not feeling guilty?
updated by @kayla-owl-of-the-above: 02/28/17 09:07:42AM
Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

It sounds like you've tried to let him know in an easy way without one big blow which was nice of you. Since you are married, this had to be coming on for a while. At this point it might make it easier on him if you did just cut it off. So you can think of it as helping him. He will get over it sooner the sooner he accepts it. There isn't much else you can do if you know you can't stay with him. Not an easy situation. I hope you both can stay kind to each other throughout.

Best wishes to you and him.

Kayla-owl_of_the_Above
@kayla-owl-of-the-above
2 years ago
19 posts
I spent months trying to think of a way to leave without it hurting him. I just couldn't find one. Thank you very much for the advice it does help to know that someone gets it
one_empath
@one-empath
2 years ago
13 posts

You can think that he will find someone better for himself after that. And you can help him with that.

Yes that's difficult for hsps.

Kayla-owl_of_the_Above
@kayla-owl-of-the-above
2 years ago
19 posts

I hope he finds someone. I'd love to help him find someone new.

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

I was thinking about this last night. I never could tell anyone I left that I flat-out didn't love them. I would say something like I needed time to be alone...a part of me will always love them...timing not right....it's all my fault....etc. All of that was really true and less harsh.

Kayla-owl_of_the_Above
@kayla-owl-of-the-above
2 years ago
19 posts

yes i is hard. i hate the feeling of someone elses heart shattering. its more painful for me than my own heart shattering

Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
You know, I wonder if a lot of Empaths arnt in the same place as you. I wonder how many gets married, not due to love, but of not wanting to let the other person down. Or felling their emotion, not yours. Well, the word "love" means so many different things.I have often felt tied down (Sagittarius lol) not due to lust but just the feel of freedom. Freedom to be myself. I guess the world isn't ready for that.I sorry, I was thinking out loud.Sometimes I think you have to move away from the current situation to see if it is true love. Whatever the definition of that is. If you can live without that person, but you have to remember, it works both ways. Faith may be moving you away from him so his soulmate can step into place. That isn't a reason for you to stay though, it something you need to consider and to be emotionally ready for (if that's even possible). Faith could be moving you around so your soulmate can step up also. I hope you both find happiness and both at peace within yourself.
Kayla-owl_of_the_Above
@kayla-owl-of-the-above
2 years ago
19 posts
Thank you. I have actually known for a while I don't love him, but I kept trying to because I knew he loved me and even though he wasn't good for me, I was good for him. But I can feel that there is someone close to where I live and we are to meet soon. And I know my ex will find his real true love

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book