The Struggle

To post a reply, login or signup

Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
2 years ago
44 posts

Does anyone else struggle with the phenomenon of being a relatively new Christian but with a background of knowing TOO Much about sorcery (i.e., meditative influences on others), absorbing energies of others, and blocking it all out because you are a Christian? What about the past life stuff (Knowing someone - is it a kindred spiritual bond or past life resurfacing?). What then do you do with the ESP stuff that we all share (energies, emotions, thoughts, etc.). It sure makes church more interesting - or does it? What do we do with all the extra stuff we were born with and experienced all our life but are not talked about in Christian circles - or worse, shunned? How can I talk to my pastor about my knowing of the church clergy? Oh the secrets we keep. The coyote medicine we have to subtly slip in in dialogue. When can we really be open? Is that the extra stuff talked about in the book of revelations? Is it the "discerning of Spirits" the Apostle Paul talked about. When can we just be ourselves or do we always have to run around in secrecy and act dumb all the time?! When the Lab opens the seventh seal will we finally be FREE? I the mean time, I have to act the act, do the subtle stuff, ease it in, and pretend I don't know what I do. It is a lonely way of living - especially as a Christian. I thought it was hard enough being a freelance spiritualist. It's even harder being a Christian with these idiosyncrasies.

updated by @soothsayer4: 07/23/17 11:22:37PM
Arrowyn
@arrowyn
2 years ago
1 posts

I am going to write a more detailed response. I have to feed my children first, before they eat the table legs. I'll be back... Love and prayers...

Arrowyn
@arrowyn
2 years ago
1 posts

Psalm 139:14I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

God created you for Gifts. For great and wonderful things. In your BC (Before Christ) days, theEnemyknew this full well and took advantage of you.

Dear Sister, um... I'm assuming you are a woman, if not, forgive me! Now is the time to:

Ephesians 6: 10-18

10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

...Thisis now your shielding.

If you were born to be a Prophet of God, and yet did not know God, then the Enemy takesadvantage. But be assured that God had hisplan all along and knew that He would send his Son and his Spirit to you. Pray that any doors or windows into the demonic world be closed and nailed (pun intended) closed. Pray it by the name and the blood of Jesus. Pray it with conviction. (I pray it now for you too) .You are now a child of the King. You now serve the One who made everything, including the demons (who quake at the mention of his name).

Sorry, I have to go now... But I will be on later.

Mat the Lord bless you and keep you. May his face shine upon you.

Love, your sister in Christ.

Have a feeling
@shelly
2 years ago
40 posts
You are ready to study the bible cover to cover. For now, go read in the book of Joel (a prophet) verses 28 through 32. This time has been foretold.
Have a feeling
@shelly
2 years ago
40 posts
I also want to add this. Churches are filled with people. Human beings. They are also where they are in their own personal journeys. It is human nature to judge and condemn things that is not understood.Ask Jesus. He, Himself was judged and condemned. Beaten and tortured and killed because they did not understand. That isn't to say that they will always be this way. People wake up and learn every day. Do not lose heart. Do not put people on a pedestal. They are simply human and do not understand. I hope this helps.
Arrowyn
@arrowyn
2 years ago
1 posts

This is sooo true. Well said.

Arrowyn
@arrowyn
2 years ago
1 posts

They will not understand the term 'empath'. They will see it as pure evil. If you call yourself a prophetic person, then you would be using a biblical term... however, the average church will not accept that such gifts even exist today. The Charismatic churches do believe in gifts, however.

Baseline for you as a new believer is to learn God's voice. To break free from any control of the Enemy, and to do what the Holy Spirit tells you to. You can do this by studying the whole bible(Like Jar of Clay suggested). Pray everyday. Pray as often as possible. Pray in the name of Jesus (or Yeshua--the Hebrew version of His name).

You are never alone. That is what the Holy Spirit is for. And as far as hiding what you know... well, people might not be ready for everything you know. It might take time to learn when to speak and when to pray only. I have been in plenty of situations when the person was not ready to listen, so I entered into intercessory prayer for them. In fact, my best friend doesn't believe I have any gifts... And yet she will come running to me the moment her life goes haywire...

There is no reincarnation. It goes against what we know of God through His word. But you can have a special attachment to another person. Maybe you are meant to help them, or they are meant to help you. You can also be warned to stay away from a person. (Been there!)

People can have auras. Yup. Just like places can have a vibe.

You sound like you are prophetic. As you read the bible, pay attention to the lives of the prophets. I believe most of them lived fairly solitary lives. They did marry though, and have children.

Oh... and Jesus said that people will know a true prophet by their fruit.

Galatians 5:22-23

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Whatever you do, don't give up. It is far better to serve the Creator than the creation any day. And people aren't everything. I know... been there too... It is better to hear God's voice than people any day.

AND.... my children are whining again. I need to go.

Love

Arrowyn
@arrowyn
2 years ago
1 posts

It was a relief to me too. But always test the spirits. They will try to trick you. Sigh.... I recently started head covering. Yeah, like in 1 Corinthians. I had no idea how I was being deceived until I put that scarf on my head. I was believing all kinds of lies about my self worth.

Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
2 years ago
44 posts

what you said gives me hope. I only hop that I am following Christ's example - not that there is any guilt in being an Empath. Eithe wa, it is of God we have these gifts. I is however prophetized pthat in the End of Times people will progressively manifest n increased array of spiritual gifts - perhapse we are of the first wave - who knows what power our children will possess. There is already talk in NewAge circles of "Crystal" an "Indigo" children. Maybe it all ties in to what has already been fortold of th time we ar in now. Perhapse we are already in th last week of Daniel. Empahs are touchec by God with our gold laced antennaes with highly sensitiv perception and the ears of holy intercession. How noble our missions can be!

Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
2 years ago
44 posts

thanks for the reply I should tell yo sometime my journey to being born again. What a symbolic metamorphasis it was and still is! Just remember, our journey is through Christ fo God and no one else- humans always messthings up. fear can b very distructive bu God is without fear and made you as you are- embrace it as it is a gift of God!

Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
2 years ago
44 posts

to what extent do we hide ourselves, our true idenity in a world of "beleivers". What can we do in a world full of discourse, this strange world of humans that keep to themselves - so wrapped in thier bubble of self contained existance. So many fail to see the bigger picture that us empaths see all the time. How surreal it would be to break the bubble of thier awareness. How impossible as well to penetrate tha ego entrenchd shell that surrounds so many people. Is it our missio n from God to reach out to others and show them the truth of their being, their core, their very essence?

RBroaddus
@rebecca-broaddus
last year
5 posts

People are afraid of what they do not understand. Which isn't wrong or bad - there is value in being skeptical. And we have abilities they do not, nor ever can, fully understand. There is that saying: any sufficiently advanced technology seems like magic. And our abilities would seem like 'magic' to someone who's perceptions are exponentially dimmer.

I didn't really understand how uncomfortable that was until I met an empath who was MORE so than I am. I always assumed it would be WONDERFUL to have someone know and read ME as well as I could read them. But it didn't turn out that way. It was disconcerting and disturbing to find myself in the position of being the one who was more known and less knowledgeable. And it wasn't because this person ever did anything to take advantage of me or treat my feelings with anything less than respect. It was simply because, for the first time in my life, I was at a 'disadvantage' and came face-to-face with how vulnerable that made me. So I can well understand their fear.

I am also aware that I can too easily become... arrogant in my 'knowing'. Not in a loud, brash, self-important way. But simply because I'm so used to being aware of so much more that I can tend to assume that I always know more. And because I often know better how another person is feeling, I can mistakenly believe that I know them better than they know themselves and/or that what I know about them is more 'right' than what they know about themselves. But I am sometimes wrong and have the potential to do great damage to another from my belief that I know more/better than I actually do.

And so I have come to a couple conclusions:

1. My gifts are are not about me. I've been given them to glorify God. It's not necessary for someone to know about my gifts in order for me to use those gifts to help them. They don't need to know how I know how to be there for them in order for me topray for them or be there for themin a ways others cannot.

2.Keeping quiet about my gifts is one way of keeping the arrogance in check - I am more careful about what I share and to whom. I am more reluctant to reveal what I know and therefore think through whether it's necessary or even a good idea to do so.

3.People aren't always ready to hear some truths yet. Trying to force them to confront a truth they aren't ready for can overwhelm them with more than they can handle. And may do more harm. So I must be sure that the truth I see about them is something they actually NEED to know at this point in their journey.

4. To those whom much is given, much is expected. I have been given a great gift (though sometimes it can seem more of a curse!) and must be careful that I use it wiselyand responsibly. Because I can touch someone deeply, I can hurt them just as deeply. So I need to be sure that, in helping, I 'do no harm'.

And I don't mean to imply that it is not a legitimate need to be accepted and known as we are - it is! I have a few, select, close friends with whom I do/have shared that I am an empath. And it is a great comfort and relief to be able to freely share that aspect of myself and be accepted.

Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
last year
44 posts

Thank you for the rep!y Robecca. It seems that any gift of the Spirit is to be found out at the right moment of one's life - often subtly and subconsciously as its quite integrated in their own manifested awareness as already part of themselves. At that point, our job is done. What a humble service we empaths of God's define appointment we truely are!

Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
last year
44 posts

feeling that familiar sensitivity again- electronics arent working well around me, attracting other empaths like moths to light, feeling that familiar energy radianc of electronic devices and natural things around me, and of course the collective energetic force of the community at large

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book