The New Balance

To post a reply, login or signup

Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
3 years ago
44 posts

OK. I am going to go out on a limb here and start a new thread. I have been Christian for some time and an Empath for much longer. In comparison I am an infant to The Way. Since being reborn I have been trying to establish new precedences that would be more pleasing to God through Christ-likeness. In any case, there are a few things I have been struggling with that I hope you all could help shed some light on. One aspect ofthis new life path is of gaining a new understanding on how I should best relate with, channel, and connect with another's energy. I believe the Apostle Paul referred to his phenomonon as the discernment of spirits (will have to get back to you on the verse passage). With this empathic skill, I struggle in how far to go with it while keeping a Christian approach. When reading someone from a distance I someimes tend to try to communicate a message (usually translated as a strong feeling rather than actual thoughts - as is common among Empaths). Is this acceptable as a Christian or considered sorcery? What if I feel God-driven to do so? Could the answer be in the motivation behind this action?

Also, how do you all handle it if someone is mad at you? You know what I mean. If it is someone close like a spouse then it cuts deeper to the soul than non-empaths. I want to shield myself but often let a bunch in to get a "feel" on what is going on with my wife. Would it be un-Chistian like if I shielded her completeley? When God gives me a gift I suppose He expects me to use it, but d o I have to use use it all he time? Where is the balance with this sensory stuff when it hurts to keep it active all thetime. Though if I do ignore it long enough, some how God seems to step in anyway and give me the cosmic backhand. It looks like I have to use this empath stuff whether I want t o or not, I just would like o use it in a way that pleases God through a Christlike fashion. What do you all think? Any suggestions? Are you trying to find the balance too?

updated by @soothsayer4: 07/03/17 04:47:55AM
Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
3 years ago
44 posts
I thank you all for the helpful replies. I am still learning what it is like being Christian as my life was mostly new-age ish in nature before being saved . It is a learning experience anyway. It only adds to the learning when trying to understand my additional sensiivities (extra-sensory perceptions) in a Christian perspective. I cannot speak for all empaths but my experience is that, through any life change, it is not a mere transition cognitively and emotionally but also sensory and spiritually. As I (and probably most of us Empaths) experience subtle energies - whether psychically induced by humans or radiated by other matter - there is another level at play in the realm of sensori input that we must accept as part of our human experience as allowed and given by God . Our role as empaths once idenifyingthis ability and extra sensory perception , when accepted and embraced as part of ourselves, if truly God sent, must then be used for the benefit of man kind. Perhaps this is God's intention for us, then, to do some real mission work - subtly and non subtly with others. Why not? It is us, and only can be us, that have an inside view of others. We know what they are feeling even before they do. We are he ones armed with perception of knowing what a situation is before even walking into a building, We are the kind that see the true heart of another within inches and even 1000 miles away. We who know others but a the same time feel so distant from humanity, are connected at a very deep level but strive turn it off because its too loud, curious but reserved, soulful but striving for tameness; we who know too much and not enough. It is pehapse us who God chosen to change humanity. His grace Is enough. It is to us to use it.
Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
3 years ago
44 posts
I thank you all for the helpful replies. I am still learning what it is like being Christian as my life was mostly new-age ish in nature before being saved . It is a learning experience anyway. It only adds to the learning when trying to understand my additional sensiivities (extra-sensory perceptions) in a Christian perspective. I cannot speak for all empaths but my experience is that, through any life change, it is not a mere transition cognitively and emotionally but also sensory and spiritually. As I (and probably most of us Empaths) experience subtle energies - whether psychically induced by humans or radiated by other matter - there is another level at play in the realm of sensori input that we must accept as part of our human experience as allowed and given by God . Our role as empaths once idenifyingthis ability and extra sensory perception , when accepted and embraced as part of ourselves, if truly God sent, must then be used for the benefit of man kind. Perhaps this is God's intention for us, then, to do some real mission work - subtly and non subtly with others. Why not? It is us, and only can be us, that have an inside view of others. We know what they are feeling even before they do. We are he ones armed with perception of knowing what a situation is before even walking into a building, We are the kind that see the true heart of another within inches and even 1000 miles away. We who know others but a the same time feel so distant from humanity, are connected at a very deep level but strive turn it off because its too loud, curious but reserved, soulful but striving for tameness; we who know too much and not enough. It is pehapse us who God chosen to change humanity. His grace Is enough. It is to us to use it.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book