New to this community and group.

To post a reply, login or signup

Milbabys3
@milbabys3
4 years ago
10 posts

Hello to everyone,

I am getting the hang of this community and loving it thus far! I just came to the realization that I am an empath, among other abilities, and seeking answers and guidance. I am also desperate to figure out how to manage my abilities and still be apart of my church community? I want to "attend" church and do the "christian thing", but it never fails when the Sat night comes I start feeling dread and "talking myself" out of going to church. Then I have terrible guilt because I didn't go. Last night I went to the Sat night service because it is a smaller, more relaxed, contemporary service and I could not focus at all on what the preacher was talking about at all and about twenty mins into service I started to get the dreaded headache. I just want to know what to do with these feelings of dread and how to handle my concerns. I have young children that I want to be part of the church programs so that they have a safe outlet to learn about God and build relationships, but how do I juggle my setbacks while encouraging them in their journey?

Thanks in advance,

updated by @milbabys3: 05/16/17 04:18:08AM
Nea
@nea
4 years ago
201 posts

As a person that haven't a got a church to go to atm, maybe I can help a little. I think that if you physically can go to church and there is a place where you feel spiritually safe, it is something we as Christians need to grow, and also to help the community. For Empaths churches can be very intense place, especially during services, because sometimes churches go through really tough times, because they grow or something isn't quite right and we feel it so keenly. I do feel that we sometimes can endure periods of not having a place to go to that is good for you, but generally it's better to go than not to.

Personally I am so ready to find a place, because since I moved and got my job I haven't had that, and I miss it, even though I never really felt I had any friends in church, the services always was very important to me.

There is alot one can do to get close to God even without a church ofcourse, and even if we have it we shouldn't rely on the services - I mean that we pray and read the bible outside of the services. In fact I think any community relies on Christians that are close to God outside of church and then come and share that with others and help each other grow.

I think you should talk to God about your situation and you'll figure it out. As far as your pain when in the church, it can sometimes as I said be a very intense social gathering.

What has worked for me in the past is that I concentrate alot on the holy spirit and Christ and pray while on the service so that I don't become so affected by the surroundings. Even praying before the service can help too. Just being very aware of God helps. Even in every day life when things happen.

I personally need to learn to do that more actually, because honestly we have the greatest helper of all, and it's a blessing to be reliant on the holy spirit for guidance and protection.

Nea

Milbabys3
@milbabys3
4 years ago
10 posts
Thank you so much for your response, Judy! I appreciate you taking the time. I will say that after my first child I had really bad post part umm depression that I received treatment for and it has lingered for 12 years, or so I thought. My husband is active duty Army and he has been deployed numerous times back to back. I'll spare you all the details as it has been nothing but a roller coaster of emotions and stresses. I just recently gave up on medicating for depression and since doing that I have felt much better except for the chronic exhaustion and headaches. Well I can look back over my life and say " that totally s makes sense now". Now I have all knew challenges of learning to meditate and to look at my world differently, but it makes since this way. I understand and feel like I have a direction now. I am excited for that!Thank you again!Jamie
Milbabys3
@milbabys3
4 years ago
10 posts

Thank you for your guidance, Crystal! I really appreciate it! Since first writing this post I have had a roller coaster of thought and emotions, but I think things are settling down for the most part. I made into church last week to help out with the children's ministry and plan on attending tonight as well. I just have so many questions and I am trying to wrap my brain around all of this new found info and play connect the dots all at the same time. Fun stuff!

I am currently working on getting in with a healer for some sessions and just trying to educate myself so that I can be well. Hopefully, everything else will fall into place. :) Thanks again!

Milbabys3
@milbabys3
4 years ago
10 posts

Thank you Debra for your thoughts! I have tried to figure out what is causing all of the discomfort and headaches as these are totally random. There is no rhyme or reason for them when they come and they vary from mild to I've got to go lay down. They seem to be increasing in episodes to. So I definitely want to know what is causing the. I do go about my day and have random discomforts as I have figured that I am picking up on someone else's pain. I am working on meeting with a healing to clean and clear myself so that I can move forward with confidence in what is going on.

Thank you again,

Jamie

Milbabys3
@milbabys3
4 years ago
10 posts

Thank you, Shannon! I totally agree with you and for a long time I felt that maybe it was something evil that was physically pulling my away- as crazy as it sounds, but the feeling was so overwhelming and caused me such grief and guilt I just gave in thinking, this can't be right. I feel horrible for not attending church, especially for the kids! I am just trying to mull through and deal with it. I made it in last week to help with the children's ministry and am going into night for service, at least I plan on it :) There is no telling what will happen between now and then..

Thank you again for all of your kinds words!

Jamie

Milbabys3
@milbabys3
4 years ago
10 posts
I would love too! I am very eager to understand!
Milbabys3
@milbabys3
4 years ago
10 posts
Perfect!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book