Do other people's emotions have a different "vibe" to you?

To post a reply, login or signup

Retrogirl
@retrogirl
6 years ago
317 posts
I've been having a lot of trouble distinguishing which emotions are my own, and which ones aren't. They don't seem to have a "vibe" attached to them. Is there any way to tell who they're coming from? Or even mine vs. not mine??
updated by @retrogirl: 01/20/17 09:42:37AM
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
6 years ago
317 posts

Hi Lynn!!

YES!!! Good point. I noticed that myself a little while back, I'll have to see if I can pay more attention to it!

Retrogirl
@retrogirl
6 years ago
317 posts

Hi Alesia,

Yes, that makes total sense! I can do that, but only if it's something really extreme. There was an incident a few years ago that helped me to realize I was an empath. I felt like quitting my job out of the blue, with tremendous rage. I loved my job back then, so it seemed really odd. I think I've been justifying all these emotions for so long, it's become a habit.

Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts

Hi Retro,

This is my sure-fire way. I do it, then take note of how I feel, then let go, and take note of how I feel. Once I can get the flavor of the difference, I can start to figure out what's what and where it might be coming from.

xoxo,

Amaya

Retrogirl
@retrogirl
6 years ago
317 posts

Hi Joan Marie,

Funny, the voices in my head actually do sound different! That's how I've been able to distinguish when my guide was talking to me because it wasn't my voice.

Retrogirl
@retrogirl
6 years ago
317 posts
Ah, that is interesting. If that's the case, then it's no fricking wonder I paid more attention to other people's feelings than my own!!!
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
6 years ago
317 posts
Thanks, Amaya! I'll try it....
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
6 years ago
317 posts
Strangely, when I started paying attention to my heart, my throat started to throb. There must be something coming through my throat as well, but I'm not sure what.
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
6 years ago
317 posts

Hi Joan,

Some people say that your "guide" is actually your higher self, so I think you're onto something there! There's constant yammering in my brain, too, and I only realize this stuff in retrospect, never in the moment.

Roxanne
@roxanne
6 years ago
1,562 posts

I still have trouble distinguishing other people's emotions from my own. So I tend to default to the "empath know thyself" tenet. If there is absolutely no reason for me to be curled up in a ball on the verge of tears or po'd, I scan the usual suspects first. Once ID'd the symptoms dissipate. When I don't find the source of the energy Bachs Flower essences really do help.

Hugs

Retrogirl
@retrogirl
6 years ago
317 posts

Hi Roxy!

Nice to hear from ya! I think I've been justifying other people's emotions into my life for so long (before I knew I was an empath) that it's hard for me to know what's actually ME and what's not. Most of the time, I can find reasons for just about any emotion that flies my way. It was only the rare exception that I couldn't find any possible reason for. It's a challenge to figure out who I am in that whole jumble.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book