Kids energy is too much

To post a reply, login or signup

Ember
@ember
last year
10 posts

Hello Empath friends,

As empath's we all know the struggle of keeping other's emotions and feeling at bay. But I am having a hard time dealing with my own children's energy lately. I have two girls who are 10 and 7 years old and lately their energy is off the charts! I am sure it has to do with the warmer weather and summer vacation just around the corner. But it is so intense that I just want to drop them off from school and run screaming in the other direction. The intensity literally makes my skin crawl and I get that high intensity body buzz ( hopefully some of you will know what I mean). Some days I will say I need a minute and I will meditate and try to shield myself but that doesn't always work. Also my husband and I have a good friend who come's over at least once a week with her two kids who are 9 and 6 years old. When all the kids are in the house I feel like I am going to spontaneously combust. And while visiting I don't always get a chance to sneak off for a few minutes without them wondering where I went. I should also mention that the adults don't know I am empath. Yes, that includes my husband. That is a topic for another time.

I just wanted to know if any other emapth parents or child care givers(teachers, coaches etc) feel this way? What do you do to keep yourself calm around the kids, when you might not be in a position to go to a quiet place?

I look forward to your feed back

Have a wonderful day!

Ember

updated by @ember: 05/30/17 06:49:15PM
Tami
@tami
last year
81 posts
I understand! I felt this way at times when my kids were little. I didn't know I was an empath back then. I must say you should have some dialogue about your empathic state. It will help others to understand your need for some space and quiet time. Can you arrange activities for your kids to burn off some energy? Even a visit to the neighborhood park helps. Or when dad comes home you could get out for awhile....go take a walk or a drive or sit under a tree. Good luck and hang in there. It gets easier.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book