Morning what?

To post a reply, login or signup

Ruby Fox
@ruby-fox
last year
64 posts

Ever feel weak in the morning? Like the life has been sucked right out of you? I know this doesn't happen to most people b/c most are frigging morning people and all seems right with the friggin world. Since this doen't happen to most people, they assume you must be lazy or, "There is something wrong" "Get your mind right!" (But being around you is affecting my mind") Heres to being gifted and misunderstood (But I am not anymore) I consider this my PAST and am moving into a future where I am more understood to use my gifts for those who understand these gifts.

updated by @ruby-fox: 02/22/17 01:39:57PM
Ruby Fox
@ruby-fox
last year
64 posts

What others don't experience themselves, they judge. like it's all about them. like things should only happen or function the way they see them. After the morning, I am perfectly fine-unless of course I have to get up too early-then it will affect the rest of my day. I know there are others that feel this way too. Public schools are even starting to make school start later in the day because getting up too early is being proven scientifically that it affects the mind and energy levels. For me: I knew this years ago because I FELT it immediately-but most don't feel what is bad for them until it is too late

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I have never been a morning person. That's why I always works the night shifts. The few times I did work the day shift , it would be 10 am before my mind would function properly and I would wonder how I got there. I just figured I was a night owl. Lol. I don't sleep very much anyways.
Ecila
@ecila
last year
898 posts

I feel ya! I ran across this after years of suffering in the mornings. I come alive at night. I do believe this is what I've always had. Maybe you do too!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_sleep_phase_disorder

It really makes it hard to fit into "normal" society and I've had my share of people thinking I'm lazy.

Ruby Fox
@ruby-fox
last year
64 posts

Oh lordy that sounds like me. Do you guys have interesting dreams too? I bet you do just like me. I've been told that I am on a higher astral plane when I sleep (I fall asleep later) that's prob. another reason why it's bad for me to get up so early. Since my dream world is diff than others (I write almost all my dreams down in a journal) I think half the time itmight be lucid dreaming too.when I wake up, it is so much harder to wakethan howmost of the population does. I think there is a correlation btwn this disorder and ADHD or a form of it. There are diff. levels and it does go more undetected in women than men.Femalesymptomsusually include depression-so people don't think that goes with ADHD.The book "The ADHA Advantage" has interesting eye opening information. I see in that article that we should take Melatonin. I have and it has helped.

Ecila
@ecila
last year
898 posts

Oh yea we have interesting dreams, too, at least I think Rene does. I also keep a journal. I don't have ADHD tho but have an AS parent so probably have a strange brain and I've read there are some correlations btw ADHD and AS. Some of my dreams are lucid and I've been reading a book you might like call "Tibetan Dream Yoga' by Tenzin Wangal Rinpoche. It's the best book on dream yoga (lucid dreaming) I've found. I always have trouble going to sleep and have tried everything, herbal and otherwise. If I have to get up early I feel like total crap all day. Getting worse as I get older too. Exercise and meditation help some when I stick to the program. Lately I've been making tea with valerian, emon balm and ginger to hide the taste of the valerian. I try to avoid pharmaceuticals but also keep some around for when I know I have to get up on time. It's rough.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,185 posts

Hi Ruby,

I have had it proven by staying overnight in a sleep lab to have severe delayed sleep phase onset disorder, and two other sleep disorders. I had to work second shift before and now I work at home in a part time job for my husband, thank God, or I could not work at all. The sleep lab director said with my my brain wave patterns, I would never naturally fall asleep before 2 am without drugs, which is true.

Research I've read shows only 10% of people are "morning" people, 20% are night owls, and the rest are pretty flexible. All of society does seem organized for the early birds though. Many of our ancestors, before electricity, used to sleep in two sections, since it was dark outside for so much longer than anyone needs to sleep, and often would visit neighbors in the middle of the night, then go home and go back to sleep.

I also have depression that is much worse in the morning, so much so that I will not make appts. to go anywhere in the morning unless I must, like fasting lab tests. I am a really angry beotch in the mornings, and/or so sad I can hardly stand to be conscious. I often make plans to do things at night like a not depressed person would, and the next morning think I must have been insane to think I would do that. It is like being two different people, though I find the sad part of the day is lasting longer and longer now.

I do not have ADHD though. Melatonin makes me hallucinate to the point where I do not know if I am asleep or awake. It scared me so much, I won't touch it again. For me, large doses of L-tryptophan work better. I am not trying to discourage anyone from trying Melatonin. I also have two other sleep disorders, which may be part of why I react that way to it.

Another thing that is supposed to help your body keep making natural melatonin all night is to use no blue lighting during the night because it stops melatonin production. In other words, keep amber colored, blue light blocking sunglasses on your night stand and wear them all the time if you get up at night, or use red xmas bulb night light bulbs only, no white or yellow ones. Get rid of digital clocks with blue numbers and get red ones, no TVs, computer screens or phones on unless you wear the special amber glasses. I just use red xmas lights in a size that fits night lights, since I also have balance problems in the dark and need lights all through the house.

I do have loads of strange dreams, some repeating ones. I think it's great you are journaling your dreams.

You are certainly not alone with this problem. I saw a video awhile back of a couple on YouTube who are part of a group of empaths who live only at night in order to enjoy the benefits of city living but without having to put up with the hordes of people and resulting overwhelm. They sleep during the day and are up all night. That won't work in most places, but in NYC and similar areas it would be an option.

There may also be a need for you to shield before sleeping, as entities who do not have your best interests at heart can get at you and take your energy much easier on the astral plane when you are dreaming. I just affirm that my shield is still up and will remain up all night and that nobody can take my energy, before going to bed. This has helped with morning energy, but not with mood. I would give anything to ditch that depression. I have serious medical problems, but all of them together don't hurt as much as depression does, so you truly have my empathy.

C. Cat

Ruby Fox
@ruby-fox
last year
64 posts

I am loving these replies and I see we are similar but with diff. symptoms and diff levels of how we sleep/how it affects us. I researched before that exercise/yoga/calisthenics help stabilize the brain somehow and cause the neurons in the brain to somehow bring balance to the brain. After an intense exercise program I was in once, I was never the same-I even understood math more and eventually could focus better. This is very important for all levels of ADHD-ers. Once the focus is better, we can become more ofa master of one occupation or whatever we want to do. I have felt severely attacked when my shield is not up during sleep-entities did not have my best interests at heart. I once woke up mid-dream and saw gargoyles on the side of a wall by my closet. This was after dreaming about some extended family members-2nd cousins of mine. I feel I am meant to know them, but not their evil parents or grandparents (complicated situation) have tried to keep them out of my life. I am a Millenial and I feel a responsibility to the generation after me-like I am suppose to have a good influence over them in the near future. One last note for the ADHD-ers-the higher levels could have a form of bi-polar because they are very smart and they are always going from complicated thought to complicated thought-and figure out math in their heads etc. My mom was always brilliant and I would watch how she would come up with her own math word problems-it can be fascinating to watch. Maybe I always had the potential to be really good in math like her, but it wasn't an interest of mine until recently. I am still and art/music junkie

Ruby Fox
@ruby-fox
last year
64 posts

I realized what you guys meant by AS. I have heard of Asbergers, and never exactly understood the people that had it, but everyone is an individual and we should embrace uniqueness. Maybe that is the Aquarian in certain parts of my chart talking,but different was always beautiful to me. Look what someone like Katy Perry did (prob. has Aquarian in parts of her chart that are a big influence) She makes blue/purple/green hair beautiful! I think labeling someone with Asbergers is rude (psychologists did this yes) but maybe some of them need to be labled (a severe diagnosis maybe?) I don't know. I met a new friend once at a group setting, and found out she had AS. What she might have lacked in what others think should be cool, she made up for in compassion for others and great wisdom for why things were happening in other lives (she always had a much more spiritual understanding/ reasoning of problems. Then again, so do Pentacostals (the spirit of this and the spirit of that!) That there is always a spiritual reason why there is a problem in others lives. My point is why label? We are all individuals with a certain perspective

Ecila
@ecila
last year
898 posts

It not easy to think of it idealistically when you are living with a person who has it. Sure, he is unique and eccentric but he's also a lot of other things that make life incredibly difficult. The diagnosis Aspergers has been done away with and now they are just diagnosed on the autistic scale. Yes, it can be very severe and is a disability. Embracing this is not something I can do. I would rather run from it. We give it a label in order to talk to others about it, understand it, and try to cope with it. It is just a fact and you can't pretend it doesn't exist.

BTW, I am Aquarian too.

Ruby Fox
@ruby-fox
last year
64 posts

That is true. I have never lived with anyone that had AS. It must be hard for those people, then again, I don't have it. Maybe people that have it should work with them and helpthem

Ruby Fox
@ruby-fox
last year
64 posts

Not everyone is the same though, so 1 person should not be compared to someone else just because of an experience. Individualism is very refreshing-not putting everyone in a category

Ecila
@ecila
last year
898 posts

I understand what you mean and I agree. People are all different. . . but there are some similarities (lots of them) in people with AS. My dad has math superpowers and is really cool in many ways. I alternate between adoring him and hating him.

Not many people are aware of what it is like to grow up with an AS parent or to be married to one because it isn't PC to discuss anything negative in relation to the AS person. There is a FB group and a forum on Delphi Forums. It is like dealing with a narcissist in lots of ways. If you want to get an idea what it's like, go to Delphi forums.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book