Why so serious?

To post a reply, login or signup

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

Let me start this by saying my husband is awesome. He's my rock, my logic, father to my son and loves us both very much. He's not empathic at all.. I used to wonder if he felt much of anything (which is surprising because i've always been good at reading people, like everyone else here). He does but nothing extreme. He's always been interested in paranormal topics, ancient history, ESP, etc. He reads on everything. So when we found out I was an empath, we were both delighted to have a few answers. Since then, I've been doing lots of reading and researching and started my spiritual practice. I love it! I've made great progress, though sometimes I get in ruts, but i couldn't imagine stopping.

So here is the situation, sometimes the more in depth I go the more I feel him resisting. He's getting more serious, worrying, and even gets frustrated easier (really rare for him). At first he showed a little peeved attitude when he thought I was picking every thing up really fast (on a intuitive level). I really don't think it is that though because he truly doesn't try. Today I tried talking with him about his spiritual and personal goals, it always comes back to his worry about money. I'm over here like all, oh it'll come just have faith and love the moment. He's all, ho hum I have so much responsibility and I have to work (I stay at home with our son).

Beyond me desire to help him, I know he must go at his own pace, but it is difficult for me stay in a higher vibration when he walks in all worried. I worry enough on my own, believe me.

So how do I deal with this better? I end up blocking him out or trying to cheer him up, both don't work. After being through a whole day of experiencing toddler emotions I'm exhausted and have little strength to keep up my light.

Sorry this ended up so long but thank you for allowing me to rant.

Anyone deal with this or have advice?

Thank you!

updated by @devonearth: 04/23/17 05:19:37PM
DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

Thanks for the advice Marshall! Could I ask for further explanation on what you think I should do once within? As in, do I have attachments holding me back from matching his vibe?

It made me wonder why this matters to me so much, or why is bothers me. I am so excited about this journey I would just love a partner in crime! I want him to feel as good as I can feel. Right now he's one of the only ones in person I can even talk to about this stuff.

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

Wow. You've brought a lot of things to light that I need to consider. I never even considered the 2nd and 3rd. I'd like to believe that he knows I'll never leave him behind. All our discussions about our future are mutual dreams with our family together, but I suppose the spiritual part could still feel like leaving him in the dust. Really the 3rd does sound like something that he would feel! Unfortunately, he is so very out of touch with emotion and especially verbalizing it that even if I asked he might not know. So, I think that I will have to stay within myself and do what I can to help if these are the case.

Since reading this last night I brought up a discussion of finances again to see his reaction on certain things I said. When I said, "I have faith we will never go without no matter the circumstance" he shut down a bit. So you may have totally called it!

My question is, I believe we are all creators of our reality and we can do anything we want that makes us happy. So if I truly believe that we will not go without while he is in a place of fear or worry.. and we are co-creating, what happens then??

I hope that makes since. Thank you SO much for your insight here! I am almost embarrassed I didn't think of these things myself!

Zeca
@zeca
3 years ago
116 posts

You are in a good place, which is awesome! He needs your shine, but even though you are married and close, you are both going to trip if you are tied together at the ankles, {proverbially speaking}, your ways while near are not the same. He needs your love and your gratitude for keeping you both afloat. Acknowledge his devotion to your well being. I have such a man. I am forty three and have been given the gift of being home with my kids. He is giving you such a gift of love. Love him without reservation, listen with your optimistic heart so he knows you are present with him. He sounds like a very good man.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book