I have more male friends than female friends

To post a reply, login or signup

Tami
@tami
4 years ago
81 posts

I have always found it easier to talk to and befriend men rather than women. Can anyone give me some insight on why that would be? My reasoning is that I was closer to my dad than my mom. I had a mostly good relationship with my mother. She could be critical at times. My dad never was. I am not a girly girl-maybe that keeps me from fitting in with most women. I'd rather be out in nature or with my pets than sitting around gossiping and having my nails/hair done. I'm not really a loner as I do enjoy the company of people.

updated by @tami: 10/21/17 02:00:14AM
Romantok
@romantok
4 years ago
8 posts

I would say that this is the case of many women I've met. The main reason usualy for that is many time uncounscious for many but not for some others. It is easier for women to control a friendship with a man because they feel more the intention of the man than the ones from women. It is well known that women competition is harder to detect because mostly done underneat the cover I would say. That you are aware of this or not, attraction play a big role in this. As it is a lot easier for a woman to use it toward a man even in frienship. Many women told me so themselves. The difference is that some are not aware of it while some others are not. Also, it is easier usualy for a man to talk to a woman about feeling and deeper conversations regarding the inside while mostly with other men it is more a no no. Knowing more the inside of an individual make him easier to control than the other way around. So usualy women and many who likes to be in control will prefer that sort of relation.

Tami
@tami
4 years ago
81 posts

I agree that women can be competitive with each other but I don't feel the need to control people. I'm very laid back and easy going-not of controlling nature. Thanks for your take on the situation. :)

Romantok
@romantok
4 years ago
8 posts

It is not really about the need to be in control. It is just that that way, you ARE in a more controlable position and thus in less dangerous position than it would be with women. It is just that it is easier to manage and thus more predictable.

Tami
@tami
4 years ago
81 posts

I hear you. :)

Tami
@tami
4 years ago
81 posts

I agree with what you are saying.

DevOnEarth
@devonearth
4 years ago
84 posts

Hello!

So I come from a single mother background. I have never met my father. I grew up with only guy friends. I agree with SnakeMedicine that they get complicated... After a 10 year relationship my best friend straight dumped me when we found out I was pregnant. I was already married but somehow my son was the last straw. So now I have girl friends, just very few as they are hard to find. I'm so not competitive or girly.

My theory is guys are easier to be around for empaths. My husband for example feels minimal emotions. Even if he feels one he doesn't know it haha. Guys also don't usually care with how you look, tedious details of what you are saying, etc.

You could also say I had daddy issues! But mostly I dated guys much older than myself for that issue haha.

Crownite
@crownite
2 years ago
107 posts

I found that a lot of my guy friends were attracted to me and so it was easy to control them or lead them on. As I grew up, I stopped liking the feeling of their underlying motives. I'd like to believe that guys and girls can be just friends but I've found that if I make the first move to take the friendship out of the friend zone, then things speed up very quickly.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book