Family bonds

To post a reply, login or signup

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
I got a call from my little brother this morning. He asked if he could come live with me in my spare bedroom. He's almost 20 and we get along great, but after talking with him I got a little worried. I asked him why he wanted to move from home, he lives rent free with our parents, has a good job at my dad's business. Why would he want to give that up? He said he just couldn't stay in the town any longer, that he had to get away. I've heard that before, from my ex boyfriend who was heavily into drugs and trying to escape them. My brother has a past with mild drug use. He never got addicted, but he's tried pretty much all of them at least once, it's been going on since the end of his eighth grade school year. I want him to know that OF COURSE he can always stay with me if he needs to. But if there's a bigger issue like drugs behind it all, running away won't solve all his problems. Especially to this town I live in where heroin and meth is rampant. He can come stay here and get away from all the people he used with back home and that will help but it's not enough. If it's drugs, then I want him to come here but I want him to also get help once he's here. I don't know for sure that it's drugs, it could be normal 20 year old boy stuff, just wanting some independence. But I just got a really strong feeling drugs are involved. As a concerned big sister, I really want to approach the issue with him. But I don't want to upset him. Over the phone I asked him if everything was ok and he said it was, but I still don't know if I believe him. He said he'd be in town today in a few hours (I live about 3 hours away from my parents) and I hope talking to him then will give me a better idea.It seems all types of relationships can have an added layer of difficulty when your an empath. We pick up on things that others can remain blissfully unaware of. I try never to read a person without their permission, but some relationships are stronger than others (family) and you pick up on things whether you're tryin or not.
updated by @emmy-long: 06/05/17 09:42:21PM

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book