Difficulty all my life making friends and picking the "right" guy for a relationship.

To post a reply, login or signup

Jodi Hill
@jodi-hill
2 years ago
89 posts

I am 46 years old and have to admit that I do not even have one friend. it's sad but true. I have found it so hard all my life making friends with people cause it's like they don't understand me or I tend to pick up on thing's that stear me away from them. Currently I work for a small retail store where there are a few employees there and we recently got a new manager a few months back and since she took over the store I have had such bad vibes from her and it seems several of the employees there are now going to her with every little thing I say and do and word from the other employees is that the manager is going to do what she can to get me fired. I dread going to work anymore knowing how the manager feels about me as well as the other girls I work with. They stand there and talk nice to my face acting like nothing is going on but I know different.

My own family tends to not want me around as well cause they feel I am different from them and dont' fit in with their lifestyle of drinking and hanging in bars. They believe me to be crazy since telling them a few years back that I can hear and sense spirits and most of my family do not believe in God.

I seem to have a knack for picking the wrong guys to be with and then I end up depressed and miserable when the relationship ends. My marriage of 14 years ended last year when I found out my spouse was seeing another woman for over 2 years behind my back. she is in another country. then when I confronted him he informs me he fell out of love with me years ago. I lost my home and my marriage and had to resort living back in my father's house which is another bad situation entirely. My dad is depressed and one of my brother's who also live here attempted to commit suicide and I found him. On top of all this I find out that my ex is not with the woman he was destroyed the marriage for but with a 28 year old woman and he's in his 50's.

I feel alone and isolated and spend alot of time alone cause both my parents are depressed and always talking about wanting to die and I'm still trying to get over the break up and betrayal of my marriage. I just don't know what to do anymore. I find myself crying often due to how lonely I am and wonder what is wrong with me that I can't make friend easily or keep a lasting relationship..

updated by @jodi-hill: 06/15/17 04:56:09AM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts
Jodi, you are not alone in feeling all of these feelings. I don't have any friends either. I can make friends but they don't seem to last long. (Then I get my feelings hurt when they don't want to do things or avoid my calls)...and I don't know why, so I have grown comfortable having animals as friends. You don't have to worry about them being "two faced", they don't lie to you and love unconditionally.I was in a similar situation with a job in my past. Trust your intuition on this one, you might want to start job hunting. If you stay you will continue to be miserable and it will take a toll on you. Mine got so bad I thought I was losing my mind, went to a counselor, she told me that it was in my head (labeled it paranoia) and put me on pshyc meds. I was fired a month later. Since I have found to trust that " little voice in my ear ".Just remember....you are not alone. We all have a lot in common here.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts
I have grown quite comfortable being "different". Now I embrace it!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book