Afraid to love

To post a reply, login or signup

Buggy713
@buggy713
2 years ago
1 posts

Hi,

I am a 27 year old male empath and I was wondering if any of you had to deal with the same things. My emotions are so intense, I am afraid to fall in love. I have never been in a serious relationship, (I have been in some brief ones). I was wondering what are some ways empaths can use to control their sensitivity?

Thanks,

Jason

updated by @buggy713: 05/04/17 06:14:59PM
Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
2 years ago
216 posts

Well, crystals help a lot. But so does understanding yourself before you try to understand/have someone understand you. Sometimes you have to really be in touch with yourself before you can think about falling in love with someone. Fall in love with yourself first and then you are ready :)

Protection methods help a lot as well. Could I send you a message with some info?

Kaitlyn x

StringBean
@stringbean
2 years ago
8 posts

I used to do that... fall so hard and deep... I didn't understand it. And when I did fall, it was often with someone mentally ill who was very broken and had deep emotions. It was all very painful and confusing to me.

While it isn't conventional, I feel better these days by not having a committed monogamous relationship. Once I let go of the "you must devote all to one person" aspect, and just love whoever, whenever, and how many people I want...I'm so much happier, and I feel my love is healthier. I think that at some point in the future I might settle down with someone just for logistics sake of getting old together, and if I do happen upon "the one", I believe he would have to be a healing type like I am, to where our intensity calmed each other down. I've heard some here state that two empaths shouldn't be together, but I've had a close friendship with a healer, and it was a very neutralizing and peaceful...I will not commit to someone who doesn't understand or appreciate my "intensity" again.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book