Still haven't found what you're looking for? (EC Group Directory)

To post a reply, login or signup

Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts

There are a number of fascinating topics that we try to keep off of the main page, which is reserved for discussions directly related to empathy and the empathic experience. If there's something else that you'd like to discuss, try one of the wonderful groups here on Empath Community!

Since Elise first started allowing members to create their own groups several months ago, the number of groups here on EC has exploded, which is great, but which can also make it hard to find what you're looking for. Here is a directory of the 50 groups with the most members as of 4/11/2011 (groups promoting outside websites are not included).

Essential Classics

A groupespecially for New Members

Complain as much as you want at The Venting Group

Extra Abilities / Psychic Concerns

Get a reading at Request an Empath Readingor Angel Card Readings

Get healed at Free Distance Healings - Healing the Healers

Practice your psychic ability at The Psychic Laboratory

Develop your psychic ability at Psychic Development Classesor Open Your Abilities

Share messages from the higher realms at Messengers

Discuss dream interpretation at Dreams???????

Learn about Spirit Guides & Guardian Angels

Talk about Past Lives and Reincarnation

Learn about the conscioustransfer of energy from one person to another in thePsychic Vampirismgroup.

Are you being bothered by things other-worldly? Discuss it at The Paranormal.

Empath Sub-Groups

Nature-Connected Empaths

Mystic Empath Group

Animal Empath Group

Healer Empaths

The Happy Empath

Fiery Empath

Fallen Angel Empaths

Empath Teachers, Trainers, Guides, and Mentors

Empathic Women

Special Interests and Hobbies

The Astrological Empath

The Artist Empath

Photography ~ An art and science expressing feelings and emotions.

Poetic Voices of the Light

On the Empath to Recovery

Empath Healing for Depression

Coping with Anxiety

Dark Rooms of the Soul

Empaths and Relationships

Parents Zone

In the Name of Peace

Spirituality and Religion

The Spiritual Empath

Meditation Room

Dark Night of the Soul

Christian Empaths

Wiccan Corner

Shamans (Moderated Membership)

Library of Inspiration

"New Age" Topics

Events Surrounding 2012

The Ascension

The New Age

Multiple Interests

Fringe Topics(Moderated Membership, adults only)

Half off the beaten track

Resources

The Reading Library

Tools for the Empath

Just for FUN

The Toot Your Own Horn Group

Laughter is the Best Medicine

updated by @amaya: 01/04/17 10:27:32AM
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts

Dear group owners,

If you don't like how I categorized your group, please let me know! Also, I don't think I missed any groups, but if I did, please let me know that too.

Now that you've seen this list, if you feel like your group overlaps with the purpose and intent of another group, I invite you to get in touch with the group's owner to see about merging the two groups together.

Oh, and I'm not a moderator or anything. I'm just a fellow citizen of the EC who loves hanging out in the groups!

Best wishes,

Amaya

Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
Excellent! Is there a different category you'd like me to list it in? Maybe I could rename "Hang-Outs" and call it something like "Multiple Topics" or "Open Forums"?
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
What's a sticky?
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
Lol. I think I like "multiple interests". I'll put an "adults only" after yours, just to be clear.
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
Uh, that's an Elise thing, right?
EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
6 years ago
414 posts

Ahahaha, what ans AWESOME post! Thx Amaya!!!!!

in love,

Elise

Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
I thought for a long time about where to put the Mystic Empath Group, and put it in the "spirituality" group with some reservation. Would you suggest a new/different category for it? Maybe it should be moved to the empath sub-groups category?
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts

It does defy simple categorization, for sure. I will place it in the Empath Sub-Groups for now. If you think of a better place for it in future, please let me know!

Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
LOL. Perhaps not... What alternate intro do you propose?
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
My apologies. It appears that I had the wrong idea regarding what the group was all about! I have two suggestions to propose: 1) moving the group to the spirituality/religion category, or 2) leaving it in the psychic category, and calling it, "Learn about the conscious transferof energy from one person to another in the Psychic Vampirism group."
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
Great! Done!
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts

That's great! Do they each have at least 10 members already?

Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts

Thanks, Renee, Arwen, and Sandy! One day I was wondering what all groups we had now and what all was going on in each one, and before I knew it, I was making a list. Glad to know it's been helpful.

Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
I rather arbitrarily picked groups with at least 10 members, basically to save myself a bit of work. I decided thatdidn't want to have to edit the post until a group picked up enough interest that it could support lively conversations. I felt like 10 was sort of a critical mass. One way to get out the word when a new group is formed might be to start a link about it here on the main forum. It's been done several times when new groups have formed, and I believe, with great success.
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
Updated with all groups with at least ten members as of today. Group leaders, if I missed your group, or if you hate the category that I put it in, please let me know. I didn't check for disbanded groups, so if there's a group listed here that no longer exists, someone please let me know that too. Thanks!
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
Bump for the weekend.
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
Alright people... There are officially 111 groups as of right now, whichmeans that around 20 new groups have been created in just the past 6 days.Starting with the next update, I will feature the only the top 50 groups (by total membership) in this directory.
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
You are free to start your own directory, of course. I created this from my own initiative, because I wanted to know for myself what was out there in group-land. If you do not like it, you may of course provide an alternative. :-)
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
Marla, I'm glad you like the standard group search engine, because it is still there, for everyone to use! If you do not appreciate my work here in this thread, you are not required to look at it a moment longer. Perhaps you will take the initiative tocreate a new, better, more inclusive directory of EC groups?
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
Thank you, Marla. You have made your opinion on the matter abundantly clear. You would like me to change my thread to one that includes all groups. I have refused to make the change. We are at an impasse. Since this is my thread, I respectfully request that you discontinue commentingregarding this particular issue. If you continue pressing your request that I change this thread to include all groups, I will consider it to be harrassment.
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
As noted above, you can "Get a reading at Request an Empath Readingor Request a Picture Reading".
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts

Nope! There's nothing like that, that I'm aware of anyway. Go for it!

Moderator 2
@moderator-2
6 years ago
35 posts
*bump* :)
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts
Haha. Nope. I'm not a moderator. I'm confused by the bump as much as you are. More, maybe.
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts

LOL.Agreed. I'm guessing, based on the timing,thatthe bump had less to do with myidol statusand more to do witha couple of posts that the moderator closed down aroundthe same timefor being in the wrong place.

Moderator 2
@moderator-2
6 years ago
35 posts
sorry for the confusion, since some posts were recently closed I felt bumping the directory would be a good way to help them find a more suitable place to post their threads... and it's a very good post :)
Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts

Hi MaryEllen,

That sounds like a question for one of our moderators? At the top of the post there should be a drop-down box called "Options". One of the options is to close the discussion. If that doesn't do the job, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Good luck,

Amaya

Amaya
@amaya
6 years ago
301 posts

Thanks, Heather. I need to update it, but I've been busy with other stuff. It's probably mostly still accurate, though.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book