The Chameleon Empath

To post a reply, login or signup

Bruce
@bruce
7 years ago
207 posts

With the vast array of talents available on this site and the confusions that arise from establishing what our individualskills are and also what skills are brought to the forefront when other skills are near us.

As Empaths we frequently feel the physicalpain of others, I know that emotionally there are empaths who can become drained by others. The emotions felt by many on here are a collective as well as an individual emotion.

Shapeshifters are able to adopt the physical/sensory and emotional attributes of the shape they choose to inherit but this is empathy at a whole new level.

The Chameleon Empath?

I'd like to put forward the motion that this isempathy that requires great understanding, how many times have you stood next to someone and unknowingly adopted their mannerisms? Found yourself using their phrases and terminology? Walked away with their headache or back ache or limp?

What if as chameleons, this type of empath has become so adept at hiding within their own surroundings, their own company that they are never discovered and become lost in there own fate. This type of empath will adapt toor adopt new friends so clever they are at becoming the chameleon they have without knowing lost all sense of actual surroundings and instead moved into perceptual surroundings.

updated by @bruce: 04/13/17 06:24:39AM
Bruce
@bruce
7 years ago
207 posts

Morning coffee... Tea and crumpets for the afternoons.

Pancakes on Tuesdays

English isall abouttradition... Innit though lol

Bruce
@bruce
7 years ago
207 posts

Thank you Misu xx

Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts

Are you saying "the one who loses him/herself to the external". the one who never fully develops their own awareness of themselves, their likes/dislikes etc. That which defines the individual?

I was just thinking about this today re someone I love. Poor soul kind of got lost in an emotional abyss at an early age and just *became the chameleon*. Experiencing the world via other people's value systems.

Is that what you mean? How do we help them *discover their own true self*.?????

Bruce
@bruce
7 years ago
207 posts

This is pretty much whatI was talking about and the question, "How do we help them?" My opening sentence was not good but this was the point I was trying to get at.

Self awareness is the key to becoming empathic or to develop asempath?

After self awareness comes community awareness?

Awareness of others?

What happens to the people who don't develop past the awareness of others and become lost because they have lost self awareness?

Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts

That is very very interesting, and my gut reaction to this is to say that they might become hyper focused on pleasing others. Placing those values above their own (that they lost)

Once you become so focused on others and in need of their approval you could easily lose sight of the *caring aspects* of others and veer into a type of narcissism that is not easily recognized.

The ones that do so much for people, not out of the generosity of spirit, but to hear the approval

"what a great guy Johnny is." "isn't Johnny just the best." There are supposedly 9 different types of narcissism. The chameleon might be one such type that shapes and bends for approval from so many different types of people he actually contradicts some of his earlier *performances* just to keep beat with the new demands.

Jeeeese, I try to tell my children everytime, there comes a time when you have to stop worrying what people think..............I mean really truly free yourself from it. -- But not out of harshnes or disregard. Just so that you may remain true to yourself. And then when you do something for someone it actually *means* something.

That's my thinking anyway. But what do I know....................I'm three sheets over the rainbow.

hahahahahah GOOD NIGHT, BRUCE!

Bruce
@bruce
6 years ago
207 posts
Hi Mike, one of my favourites was to mimic theirway oflaughing. Very funny when it is done once.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book