What's the deal with me?

To post a reply, login or signup

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

I can't seem to kick this anxiety lately. I've always struggled with it, and I have things that work and things that don't, but lately I seem to be a big ball of anxiety all the time, especially this week I have off work for Thanksgiving break. I have a few things this week that cause me stress, but all of it is connected to good things and shouldn't be throwing me like they are. I am having so much anxiety that I just woke up and already had to take a rescue med.

I'm feeling discouraged because I'm wondering if I should just get back on antidepressants for my anxiety. The upside is it helps. The downside is, my job is in the creative arts and I can't do it for the whole time I'm on the meds because it shuts off my creative brain. Also, I am going through an awakening and I don't want to shut off that process by medicating. I really can't stand another day like this, though. I want my life back.

Anyone have any insight or advise?

updated by @sarah: 03/06/17 07:39:03AM
KM
@km
3 years ago
90 posts

Any change from the norm "good" or "bad" causes stress. Our ability to respond to these stresses is the problem. After prolonged stress the body depletes certain vitamins and nutrients. Alternative practitioners could help with that. Bloodwork can determine if you are very low in some of these substances. Even a daily multi-vitamin is better than taking nothing. It is soooo strange for me to recommend this, as in my youth I paid very little attention to this. However, as life got way too stressful, I became painfully aware.

If you are going through an awakening of sorts, the initial part of that can be pretty rough. Just have to ride through it. At one point things get very very emotional as well (even for people who don't consider themselves overly emotional). When you come out on the other side though, you will find that just by the nature of things things will calm down. By that I mean a certain amount of the anxiety decreases. However, don't expect it ALL to disappear. As you get to a higher vibration, your challenges increase as well. It is almost like moving up in school. When you can handle more (with increasing age) the course work increases.

I find it helpful sometimes to just say that I am stressed, and have someone...anyone... acknowledge that things are truly crazy out there. Meditation helps. It also helps with your awakening process.

I know what you mean about the drugs. Only you will know to what degree it would help. Sometimes we have to have it. Other times we can make do without it.

Running off for now...hope this helps!

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

Thanks so much for this, KM. It's nice to know someone gets it.

KM
@km
3 years ago
90 posts

If you are going through an awakening, you will require more rest than you are accustomed to. The good news is, that once you come out on the other side and become enlightened you will need much less rest than others. ha ha Nature is very calming, and so is running water. Seek those out. I need to run to feed an "army". (In a previous life of mine that sentence had a very different meaning.) LOL

Take good care!

Sarah
@sarah
3 years ago
386 posts

That will be awesome to get to the needing less rest part! I have to sleep and rest like a new baby lately--constantly, and if I don't do it and try to go at a normal pace, I get horrible anxiety. Nature and water sound like a very good idea today. I think I'll take a quiet walk along the river before the big family festivities start. Thanks again and good luck cooking for your metaphorical in this life army. :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book