Empathic flashes?

To post a reply, login or signup

The Importance of Being Jonny
@the-importance-of-being-jonny
7 years ago
794 posts

If this isn't a term, I'm glad to be the first one to coin it.

Do you ever get flashes of someone else's emotions or perspective? Here's what happened to me for the first time ever:

I was watching America's Next Top Model(I'll try not to include any spoilers for those who did not see it and dunno who won) when the model who is a very awkward, nervous and emotional began her final runway walk. I knew she was scared outta her mind. As she walked, suddenly I got a flash in my head as if I was her walking down the runway. For that split second I felt such scared and nervous emotions. I even saw the runway from her eyes.

It was then over. From what I described, has that happened to anyone? Explain!

updated by @the-importance-of-being-jonny: 05/21/17 03:01:22PM
Lavinia
@lavinia
7 years ago
212 posts

I have this happen to me quite often...It actually how I get most of my empoathic feelings from people.They come as feelings but also as imgages...like I'm them..I'm experiencing and seeing and feeling what they are...

I thought all empaths had that... :?

7 years ago
794 posts

Mmm. Hope she was okay. Did you recognize the man?

Lavinia
@lavinia
7 years ago
212 posts

I'm still at the beginning in this...discovering i'm not alone i mean...i guess i have a tendency to compare and i'm still excited about finding people like me..that I probably assume too much :P

7 years ago
794 posts

Group hugs for all just making sense of this.

*HUGS*

Lavinia
@lavinia
7 years ago
212 posts

Thank you Robert! God bless you! :)

7 years ago
794 posts

It is. It was a rush when it happened to me. though....i would like it to happen more often. It would just tell me that my abilities are growing.

7 years ago
794 posts

Lol I only say that cuz stuff doesn't happen to me often. I just feel if I had more experiences, I could help more with it. But I wouldn't want to be driven crazy.

Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts

I used to call the "twinges" because it would happen so quickly that I didn't have enough time to even grasp what had happen, what I saw, felt or anything. This happend alot, anything from touching thrift store items so seeing an elderly couple in a restraunt,lol. This would always irrate me. So everytime it happend, it would go and go I would "bring it back" and hold on to it as long as I could. It took several tries and finally they went from flashes to full blown visions. What is happening is that you are channeling that energy, it's simply recieiving psychic energy and often is a form of clairvoyance. Once we begin to develope one area, other areas began to rear their heads and are begging to be developed. The more you develope your abilites the less 'weird" they become and it is easier to put a name to it. This is also a commo step towards clairsentient. Though Empath falls under that catagory, empath is only a small section of that and other areas of clairsentience will follow. All clairsentience, ( I may have spelled it wrong but it is one of the three Clair's" is "clear feeling" it will still manifest in different ways for each person. .I hope this helps :)

7 years ago
794 posts

Thanks Angel.

I've had flashes before, but I don't think it was a result of touching something. But since joining here, I've been growing as a psychic. A lot more has been happening to me. Just glad I have my psy journal to document it all as I would forget it even happened.

An example: The very thing I mentioned in the beginning of the topic I forgot I wrote in my journal 2 weeks ago. When I went to go type it in, it was already there. Sigh...

@madison-jade
7 years ago
0 posts

I have this happen quite often. For the longest time I thought I was losing it. Then I realized that what was happening is I was literally putting myself in their shoes so to speak. I have learned to pay close attention to those flashes they can be extremely revealing.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book