Time alone to Recharge?

To post a reply, login or signup

ConfuciousFeels
@confuciousfeels
last year
35 posts

Like everyone else on here, I need times alone to recharge where I seclude myself to the world. My therapist calls it the "effect of anxiety" and I'm supposed to fight that fear and go out any way. (Mind you, he is also my Mindfulness Counselor).

My question is this. When it lasts for days (like this past weekend); it started off amazing (where I felt happy in my own thoughts, feelings, etc). But, it always seems to turn for the worse the following day (and so on). I become very depressed, crying, and my anxiety spirals out of control.

Does any one else experience this? Any reason why? And is there a way to recharge happily?

Thank you in advance and much appreciation for any responses. :)

updated by @confuciousfeels: 05/14/17 10:37:32AM
Janett Niemi
@janett-niemi
last year
86 posts

I too need time to recharge my batteries. I watch my 4 grand children during the week, so by Friday afternoon, I'm ready for some "me" time. I love Saturdays, doing what I want, but by Sunday, I usually start feeling alone. I have learned this of myself-I enjoy time alone, but for about 1 1/2 days.

I don't live in your shoes, so I don't know if it is fear based that your counselor is talking about or just energy overload. If it is fear based, then yes, face your fears and just do it. But if it is your Empath feelings saying that every time you go there, you end up on energy overload, then listen to your body. Going to the mall is something I NEVER want to do-I'm not afraid to go, but I am afraid of all the energy that I end up picking up.

Bottom line-get to know yourself. Know your limits, what makes you happy, how much time you need to be with self to be happy, know the difference between fear "based on phobias" and "fear based on the knowledge that it will end in an energy surplus." Protect yourself from energy overload.

Have you taken the free empath training course on this site? It helps you to learn about shielding and how to protect your body from energy overload. It is a great help to your sanity.

Sending you lots of healing love.....

-janett-

ConfuciousFeels
@confuciousfeels
last year
35 posts

Thank you so much for this response. You've given me amazing insight already.

No, I haven't taken the course (didn't realize there was one?) lol But, I am going to look into it right after this reply.

Some background information about the anxiety - I have actually come to realize that the anxiety I feel is due to energy overload. I don't have many fears of being in public, on the spot, etc. It's more about how I feel during those times (and usually in places with large groups). While my therapist calls it anxiety (which it is) - I now understand why that may be there.

But, this course should help me with that also. :) Thank you so much! Be well!

Janett Niemi
@janett-niemi
last year
86 posts

I get what you are saying. Years ago, someone told me that I had a misplaced fear of crowds, that I needed to "get over it and face my fears." Shortly thereafter, I learned that I was actually "just" an Empath, and it was the PEOPLE in the crowds that were the ones with the fears, anxiety, trauma. Being who I am, an Empath, I was picking up and living their phobias.

Sometimes, being an Empath is just an oxymoron!

ConfuciousFeels
@confuciousfeels
last year
35 posts

Reading your response brought me back to every single Sunday that I've felt this way the last decade or so. I never really thought of it that way! And usually, it was my own anxiety getting back to work - at least that's what I've always atoned it to. But, I haven't worked over the last 6 months (literally relaxing, coming in touch with myself, and piecing it all together).

Point is, I feel this the 2nd day after I recharge. Thursday was my recharge day; bliss. Friday started ok, had to leave to visit someone in the hospital (keyword), and by that evening, all of Saturday, and the start of Sunday - it's been an spiral of uncontrollable sadness including one day of anxiety in the near future.

Still, being Sunday today - though it's become better than the last 2 days - it's still my typical "Sunday - leave me be world" day.

Hope that helps explain that. And yes, your post helped immensely with understanding all of it. Amazing, Most appreciated!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book