Riddle me this...

To post a reply, login or signup

The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
4 years ago
126 posts

How can you see into the future from the present, without them both existing at the same time?

updated by @the-lioness-q: 03/02/17 11:38:18AM
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
4 years ago
272 posts
The answer to that one is that time is really an illusion. It doesnt exist. Think of a book; all the chapters exist at the same time but in order to read through the book intelligibly you have to start at the beginning and read to the end - there is a sequence. Similarly, all time exists now but as human beings we have to live our lives through the "book" in order. Seeing the future is just like reading ahead in the book.
The Lioness ~*Q*~
@the-lioness-q
4 years ago
126 posts

Ahh very nice answer!! :D

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
4 years ago
272 posts

OK, so the next riddle is "What is free will?". Following on the previous "book" analogy, I like to use the video game analogy especially a video game on a CD (remember when?!). The video game exists in its entirety now but has to be played in sequence (that's the past present and future all exist now part, like in "the book"). You absolutely have free will about how you play the game but all of the end results are pre-determined by The Programmer (a.k.a. God, Fate, The Universe, ... fill in the blanks).

Enjoy!

B
@b
4 years ago
252 posts
Free will? Let me tell you.We make choices of things put before us. As of late I've had things put before me that I've had to make decisions on left right up or down so far it seems I've been making the right choices. I'm still alive and I have more money in the bank than ever. I think people around me are waking up to there faults. But the things I've changed up and avenues that have been set before me I could have not planed out or tried to make happen Gods will the creator of the game or architect If you will have put things in front of me I could have never imagine. I don't really believe in coincidences.I mean you decide to wear a blue shirt today and someone you're sweet on wears a blue shirt and you match that's a coincidence but if you primarily listen to rock music and you just happen to have country music on one day because you're lazy and don't want to change the channel and 10 out of 15 songs play in a 5 hour time span that take you back to a different time and place with a different person that's not a coincidence that is some cosmic power in control. is there free will yes to make choices of things put before you but you can't make a decision on things that aren't put before you. Is; you can't shoot the little space ship in asteroids till it comes out but you can choose to leave just one little astroid floating around vs dodging 3 big ones 2medium ones and two small ones to wait for the little spaceship.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book