kaleidoscope Clear Crystal above my eyes

To post a reply, login or signup

Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
About 5 years , while on vacation , suddenly I should see what looked like cut crystal above and beside both eyes. I scared me to death. After returning home from vacation I told my doctor about it and she checked my eyes and they were fine as far as she could tell. She called it kaleidoscope migraines. She ask if I was having headaches, I said no. She said it is usually followed by intense pain but I have no pain.After the day on vacation , I have them regularly but never any pain. The go away after about 10 mins. Does anyone else experience these ?
updated by @rene: 02/25/17 06:20:25AM
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Yes I get those as well. About once every two months or so. Usually mine are followed by the intense pain. I will see the "crystal" spots and they last about 10-20 minutes and then as soon as they are gone the pain sets in. My doctor told me they are called optical migraines. If I take a pain killer as soon as I see the crystal spots it usually off sets the headaches. My mom gets the spots too but, like you, hers aren't followed by a headache.
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
Thank you. You are the only one I have talked to who has these. I'm glad your mother, as well as myself don't have the pain but I can't help to wonder why.
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
When I was in high school I saw a doctor about them and she said she thought they could be triggered by hormones so she put me on birth control to see if it would help. It didn't really help so then she told me to start paying attention to diet, sleep patterns, stress, things like that to see if any of that could be triggering them. Basically we came to the conclusion that caffeine does it, lack of sleep does it, stress does it, and also lights flashing in my eyes trigger it too. I had a special clear film put in my glasses that helps with the light issue, and for the rest of the triggers I just have to pay attention and try to avoid a lot of caffeine, get sleep, and don't stress. Easier said than done. Haha. So I just carry excedrin on me at all times so if I start seeing the spots I can take it right away. I work in the health care field and so stress, little sleep, and of course caffeine come with the territory.Even though you don't get the pain with yours, all of those factors could still be what are triggering the optical migraines for you. I'd try paying attention the next time you get one and trying to remember what was going on before it started that may have caused it. And even though you haven't gotten pain with it yet, it could still happen in the future. If it does, I reccomend excedrin migraine and then get into a cool, dark, quiet room and try to fall asleep and sleep through the worst of the pain.
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
Thank you so much and I will try that. They have been advancing to the point of blurring my vision but never took anything for it because I wasn't hurting. But I will next time. Thank you

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book