An empath's hidden angry nature

To post a reply, login or signup

The Importance of Being Jonny
@the-importance-of-being-jonny
7 years ago
794 posts
Although I'm kind hearted and all about caring, when I'm wronged I have an angry side to me that unleashes. Mostly in my words. Sometimes they're not even thought of, but just flow out.

I know for a fact pacifists don't take too kindly to being provoked or harmed. Although we are peaceful by nature, we will defend ourselves in every way possible.

I've known myself to make others cry and hurt by what I say, but deep down it was not intended. So my question is are all empaths this way and what makes us so volatile when provoked?

updated by @the-importance-of-being-jonny: 04/21/17 09:13:47PM
Lavinia
@lavinia
7 years ago
212 posts
I can get very "scary" when I'm angry so I try to avoid being around people when that happens and they shouldnt wanna be around me either..But, I rarely ever get angry; I keep most locked until the jar fills and them BAM..so that's probably why it's scary, and unexpected since I don;t usually get angry. Maybe the same happens to you? Do you get angry often or just when the glass is full? Cause I think that might be a reason it's so intense. There's too much stuff in there.
7 years ago
794 posts
Yes, I hold stuff in til I can't hold it no more and that's when I explode. All that built up rage and abuse flows out like a river of emotion.
Lavinia
@lavinia
7 years ago
212 posts
There you go..maybe that's why. I know it is in my case... I just try to stay away from people when that happens, have some time alone to let go of all of it and get back to "me". Or take up boxing..I've heard it helps... to let go of anger gradually so it doesnt build up again.
Roxanne
@roxanne
7 years ago
1,562 posts
Hmmmm,I use to wonder if *as an empath* I wasn't actually mirroring back the same energy that offended me in the first place.I mean I know I get angry, and I'm not talking about *every time I get angry*, but the more I learned about mirror neurons, I began to wonder if my over-reactions weren't just a mirror image of the same energy that shot out at me.Like a ping pong effect.I tend to only get angry when I see deliberate cruelty. But even that is changing as I learn.The more I learn, the less I know.
7 years ago
794 posts
I am too. It's because I'm quiet. They suspect quiet people to be mad about something.
Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts
hmm, I always blamed it on the inner leo,lol.
7 years ago
794 posts
If this were Facebook, I would have liked this.

@madison-jade
7 years ago
0 posts
I usually anger slowly...but once angered be afraid....be very afraid!! It's best to just step away and don't push the buttons cause it will not be pretty. For the most part I can catch it and walk away before it hits the fan, but sometimes I get blind-sided.
7 years ago
794 posts
mmm, so me! That silent but deadly deal. Why waste energy when I can hit you while your eyes blink. ;)in a metaphorically way of speaking of course.
Lavinia
@lavinia
7 years ago
212 posts
Phil, I know where you're coming from! I feel just like you most of the time...Most of the time I dont get people, I feel I dont belong here and I cant wait to go "home". And I know I can, anytime I want to. But I know that while I'm here, I might as well make it worth my time and energy. Besides, there's gotta be a reason we're all here, right? I don't think the Universe or God or whoever put us here makes mistakes or just enjoys torturing souls for his own pleasure.
And if you're still here you gotta have a reason to stick around, dont you?

PS Humans may be hard to get, like, understand, etc...but they can so funny sometimes... I'm at least happy about that :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHmF1G8AyWY&feature=player_embedded
7 years ago
794 posts
That sounds like me.
7 years ago
794 posts
Np. The same goes for me,. Since I keep a lot in, I have a lot of anger, and it comes out when I am frustrated, annoyed or...angry. I have a tendency to not think straight and just do whatever comes to mind if the moment calls for it.But.......yes, I have to and am working on talking things out so I won't be so uptight anymore.
7 years ago
794 posts

Shannon, stop. I'm beginning to think you're a bot.

7 years ago
794 posts

Yes we are Sarah. :)

I believe this, including everyone's own personal story proves that there is a correlation between pacifists and or empaths and an inner fury. I've known this for years.

Blessed be,

Jonny.

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

Great point! something i've been considering since you told me this . Thanks! :D

It does help put things into perspective.

6 years ago
794 posts
I often bite my tongue cuz I know how raw my words can be. There's many a time when someone says something to me and I just wanna jump all over them but I censor myself and act classy which the inner me hates.
Zeca
@zeca
6 years ago
116 posts
Exactly what I was thinking. You remember David Banner in the show, or you look pretty young for that, but he was friendly, thoughtful, helpful, a misunderstood scientist and he kept to himself otherwise. It was only when he was pushed, or threatened that he lost control and became this out of control monster man. I loved that show. Makes a lot of sense that I would. I also loved Grasshopper, or Kwai Chang Caine in Kung Fu, he was similar, but had more of the control we are looking for, lol.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book