Am I going to be alone for the remainder of my life?

To post a reply, login or signup

Karen
@karen
2 years ago
28 posts

I haven't had good relationship luck. I always seem to pick the wrong ones. But that doesn't mean I don't want to be in a relationship. I just had a husband and wife come by to purchase some lamps I had for sale. They seemed so loving toward each other. I could tell they were really a "couple". While I'm happy for them, it saddens me that I don't have that. I don't want to "settle". I recently told a gentleman friend that we could not have a relationship. I feel I was right in doing that as we could not be more different. Then there are days that I wonder if I'm too picky...but like I said, I don't want to settle.

Just wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks for being here.

updated by @karen: 06/10/17 08:33:18PM
Kayla-owl_of_the_Above
@kayla-owl-of-the-above
2 years ago
19 posts

No you won't be. Finding your twin flame takes time. Most people won't find their twin flame until they have learned certain life lessons. Its not picky, its smart. Finding your twin flame too soon can be bad, so my advice is to take a good look at yourself and figure out what you need to learn in life. Sometimes counselors help, such as in my case. I am also learning my life lessons in order to meet my twin flame, but I know I am on the right track to learning those lessons and preparing to meet him. Best of luck to you sweetie. Dont give up!

Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
No. I don't think you are being too picky. I don't ever think someone should lower their standards. I don't know if you have ever been in a marriage or a long term relationship but a lot of couples make it look easy but it's not always easy. It takes work. Maybe there are couples out there that has meet that perfect life partner and I'm happy for them but people has been telling me their problems for so many years now ( empath) I have come to learn that there is no perfect relationships. And I think it's because people get board. I know you are lonely but a person your not compatible with is going make you wish you was single again. That person your longing for maybe right in front of you but your refusing to see them. I can remember when I was single I loved being free but still wanted someone to be there at the end of the day for me to hide behind. Someone to tell me everything is going to be alright. Someone to be strong for me when I'm at my weakest. So I know how you feel. I think your overlooking the obvious. Maybe the one your looking for lives only in the movies. Instead of looking for a certain attituded in a person look into their eyes. That's where I find their secrets and their heart. I know I probably haven't helped you but I do understand and don't like that feeling you feel. I seen it written somewhere, until you find peace with your self, you can't find it anywhere else. I'm sure it was written just like that but you get my drift. Good luck to you. Have you consider getting a pet. I'm sorry , I know they don't take the place of a human but there are so many out there that needs you. Sorry just saying. I love animals.
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
I just seen you photo. You have one already.
Gigi Miner
@gigi-miner
2 years ago
7 posts

I am currently trying to rid myself of a covert narcissist. Seems empaths are quite susceptible to abuse, but especially we who were raised by similar personalities. I only say that to say to you, don't rush and don't worry. I'd much rather be alone than in a relationship that steals my energies and wounds my soul. It's easier to wait than to rid yourself of the damage that can be done in a bad relationship.

I understand the desire. Only too well. Maybe if you send out your wants you'll start getting some open doors that will lead you to where ever he may be. Just remember that you have a wonderful gift in your independence. Never settle - the aftermath is far too difficult and takes away a piece of you.

Gigi Miner
@gigi-miner
2 years ago
7 posts

Happy Birthday

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book