Who takes care of the Empath

To post a reply, login or signup

Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
Just another Question. After taking care of everybody and worring and feeling everybody. Do you wish there was someone there for you ? I do , but I don't wish that on anybody. I never feel totally at ease even after grounding. It's like I'm always waiting on the next crisis or heart break or death or lie. No one ever ask if I'm ok because I make them ok and they don't want to come back down off that cloud. Just an observation
updated by @rene: 07/14/17 03:09:59AM
Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

Oh yes. . . but I have given up on that thought. It's not gonna happen. There's a quote that I've found helpful from Dgha Nikya: "...live with yourself as an island, yourself as a refuge, with no other refuge, with the Teaching as an island, the Teaching as a refuge, with no other refuge."

Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
Yes, I fell ya. That label called "crazy". I know it well. Keeps a lot of us silent.
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
Yes, those fair weather friends,I know what has, in the past, slow my progression was the beliefs that I clung to. That "it" was bad. But I'm working though it.Maybe Happiness is just a romantic notion. A sweet jester. When I feel happiness smiling at me I brace for the impact of the next feeling.I have never had clinical depression so I cannot not pretend to know how that feels. Of course , I have been depressed but it's always due to something out of my control but affected me directly. Not by a chemical enbalance. Not saying I'm in balanced but I'm working it.
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
If anyone ask me, is there anything I can do to help you, I would pinch them to make sure they are real.
Skeletubbie
@skeletubbie
2 years ago
40 posts

I'm in the same boat. My mother looks at me like I'm not human when I tell her certain things. I now keep everything to myself. Closed-minded people don't go greatly with me.

Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
That is deep to say the least. "With the "teaching"
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
Me either. What do they think, we make this stuff? People say my feeling are not from God. Who are they to say that.
Skeletubbie
@skeletubbie
2 years ago
40 posts

I'm constantly taking care of everybody around me. Sometimes I wish I could find someone that would take care of me for once. BUT - at the same time, I don't like relying on anyone to take care of me, but myself. When I meditate, I get lost for hours. I feel like I belong. That may sound a bit frightening to most people, but that's how it is for me. My life isn't TERRIBLE. I could improve though if I really tried hard enough. Something is keeping me away from being happy and care-free. I can't control how I feel all the time, you know?

I'm not going to go to a therapist, or a doctor, or a psychiatrist because none of them will understand. Medication is something I cut off a long time ago, and I'm sick and tired of having my parents assume that I'm "mentally ill" because I'm off of my anti-depressants.

I met one amazing person on here so far and we're already best friends. It's unfortunate that she is far away, but perhaps we will meet some day, soon enough.

Sorry, this is a lot to read and I'm pretty much venting on someone else's venting post!

I hope you feel better soon. You seem like a very beautiful and bright person.

Stay strong.

Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
i don't like relying on people either. I know the overwhelming feelings I see and hear from others and I would not wish that on anybody. Not just anyone can handle it. You know , we are pretty amazing , being able to keep our sanity in the middle of 10 others insanity, at one time.
Skeletubbie
@skeletubbie
2 years ago
40 posts

I agree with you on that, one hundred percent. Most of the time, I can handle it. Sometimes I end up breaking down crying with anxiety attacks for an unknown reason. That results in my family wanting medication back in my system.

I will not have that.

Leafherder
@leafherder
2 years ago
35 posts
Well, first, you are always there for yourself, and second, of course you deserve a listening ear just like everyone else. Caretakers need caretakers so they can keep going - like a home base to come back and regroup so you can go out again. I had music, dance, and art when I was growing up - that took the edge off, because I was never sure what I needed to communicate, only that I needed to communicate something that I did not have the words to express and I had to get it out of my system. It gave me enough time to gather a few friends I would bet are empathic - if we talk out the pains, find laughter where we can, and focus on our positive interests and goals, we suffuse each other with positive energy until we both feel excellent. I've also sought help from an intuitive acupuncturist and Reiki practitioners - for pampering, like going to a spa according to some. It takes time, and for every group of people who looks at you like you are crazy, there is another who is seeking you as a kindred spirit.
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
My animals help a lot. The love without judgment. Their attention is endless and we love each other. It's sad to be judged wrongly. I only have one friend that I talk to about being an Empath and she is possibly one also but not ready to free her mind. My husband has became to think I'm a Buddist or have mental problems. He may by a empath in denial because he is picking up on the changes I have made but does not like them. I guess it's normal for people to be scared of things they don't understand. But if this is my journey , im use to walking alone. Alone and lonely are not the same, not in my world. Thank you so much for your reply
Leafherder
@leafherder
2 years ago
35 posts
"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it." ~Terry Pratchett"I refuse to believe that the same God who gave us sense, reason, and intellect intended us to forego their use." ~Gallileo Gallilei
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
I don't blame you. I'm sure meds help some I guess I just don't won't to be controlled by something or somebody. Not in my nature. I understand there is a need for it in some cases but mine is not a chemical imbalance it's a people imbalance. I try to be careful of the people I let in but one is a narcissist and also my daughter in law (bad combination) so I have to work around her. But I know everyone have problems and the people in my life have small problems but when you put all of their problems in my head at one time, it's gets pretty intense sometimes. Then, I'm also an animal Empath, so I'm saving chipmunks from cats, Chickens from Hawks and worrying about my dogs, they all have personalities , then I got that thing going on with wooded areas and spirits that I can learn nothing about. So , yeah I have a fulfilling life.I have read a lot on her about people taking meds because people think their crazy, even some hospitalized for it. why can't people just takes us as we are. It's all of their drama that takes there anyway.Thank you for replying. At least I know I'm not the only one.
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
I don't think my chances of finding a spiritual director around in such a ruel area as I live in, is slim to none. I would be nice though, to have someone like that to help me advance and or find some peace on my journey . There is so much to know with little resources. Thank you
inlanddan
@inlanddan
2 years ago
387 posts

Hi Rene', may I suggest you get a hold of Trevor and he may have some very good suggestions and even some good people to help guide you on this. Dan : )

Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
Yes, Dan, Travor has helped me tremendously already. And you also, about the old house. I wish I had found this forum years ago. I appreciate all th help from everyone.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book