picking up thoughts & emotions

To post a reply, login or signup

assear
@assear
2 years ago
1 posts
I have struggling withpicking up other peoples emotions and suffering for 4yearsBut I got hurt very much and made me very exhausted.Everytime different ailments.I wasSick most of the time and i got little time for my Iearning so yesterday I learnedI was empath so can someone tell why we pick up thoughts and suffering of other people and when we do that do the people become better after picking up their suffering.
updated by @assear: 02/28/17 06:17:57PM
Janett Niemi
@janett-niemi
2 years ago
86 posts

That is the basic trait of being an Empath. We feel people's emotions and because we are so empathic, we can heal them emotionally, too. It is built in to your being, kinda like breathing.

All my grandkids are also Empaths, though sometimes I think that they believe that I am out-to-lunch. When I have talked to them about being an Empath, they patronize me, but I can tell that I'm not getting through. Imagine my surprise when last week my 18-year old grandson texted me after attending a funeral of a classmate. "You are right. I am definitely an Empath and funerals and Empaths don't mix very well at all!" He had felt everyone's sadness and it was driving him crazy.

Why am I telling you this? Because now that you know what you are, you can take steps to prevent total burnout. At the top of this website page, there is a link to the Empath Survival Program. Read it and master your emotions before life becomes overwhelming. There is lots to learn, but shielding is a basic that all Empaths need to learn.

Sending you good tidings and best wishes.

-janett-

Gin S
@gin-s
2 years ago
225 posts

Welcome to EC Assear.

People who need to talk can spot me a mile away. I think that even if we aren't healing them, we do help them by listening and being able to feel them. By feeling what they feel or felt we can understand them better then non-empaths. I understand feeling sick all the time too. My mom would take me into the doctor all the time and find out I wasn't sick so she thought I was making it up and copying other people. It isn't something I can control. I am still working on shielding myself.

I would start with the empath survival guide and also read around on this site. You can learn so much here. Good luck to you.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book