BriarRose
BriarRose
@briarrose
3 years ago
68 posts

The first step is simple, acceptance. I was like you. Sick for many years, both physically and emotionally but especially emotionally. Then I realized what I am. It just clicked one day and made so much sense. It seemed like overnight I started to feel better. It was like flipping a switch inside. Just knowing and believing was enough to change everything. In a matter of months I went from depressed and suicidal, on four different psych meds including an antipsychotic, to off my meds completely and the happiest I have ever been in my life because I know now that I am not broken like I have always been told. Everything I have always felt had a reason and I understand it now. It is a gift and you can learn to grow and control it. It takes a little time but it isn't hard. Especially with a little help, which I didn't have, but you do. So don't worry. You will get there. Just accept and believe.

Gin S
Gin S
@gin-s
3 years ago
225 posts

Welcome to EC Beth. Finding us is a good first step. I would take some time to explore the site and groups. Also check out the Empath Survival Guide in the links at the top of the page there are helpful tips in there to get you started. I do hope you find what you are looking for.

Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
3 years ago
760 posts
Briar hit the nail on the head. The same things happened to me. One day it just all clicked. I have finally been able to get off the depression meds after 20+ years of taking them. My digestive troubles that no doctor was able to explain have gone away. The humming in my ears and optical migraines now are accepted because I now know the reason they are happening. I am 50 also. Wish I would have "awakened" to my gifts years ago and saved a lot of mental and physical anguish. Welcome to the EC Beth.

Want to reply? Create an account here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book