Newbe

To post a reply, login or signup

Beth Khauv
@beth-khauv
2 years ago
6 posts

I am so happy to have found this support group. I am 50 and have known my entire life that I am "different". It has effected my entire life/family as I have been denying it for 50 yrs!!! By denying it I have been sick physically and emotionally for years!! Its time to stop denying this and stop thinking of it as a curse and not a gift. I have no idea how to protect myself and how to help others. I am mostly looking for advice and direction as to how to make this a gift!! I have absolutely no idea what the first step is. I would love any advice that you can give me. Love light and energy Beth.

updated by @beth-khauv: 02/23/17 11:19:17PM
BriarRose
@briarrose
2 years ago
68 posts

The first step is simple, acceptance. I was like you. Sick for many years, both physically and emotionally but especially emotionally. Then I realized what I am. It just clicked one day and made so much sense. It seemed like overnight I started to feel better. It was like flipping a switch inside. Just knowing and believing was enough to change everything. In a matter of months I went from depressed and suicidal, on four different psych meds including an antipsychotic, to off my meds completely and the happiest I have ever been in my life because I know now that I am not broken like I have always been told. Everything I have always felt had a reason and I understand it now. It is a gift and you can learn to grow and control it. It takes a little time but it isn't hard. Especially with a little help, which I didn't have, but you do. So don't worry. You will get there. Just accept and believe.

Dawn
@dawn
2 years ago
0 posts
Me too!!! Cancer survivor reaching out.. But have close friends going thru treatment need advice so I don't feel so sick....?????
Dawn
@dawn
2 years ago
0 posts
I feel like I take the pain away ... Also mom to identical twins... Just trying to move forward with this amazing gift ... But stay health too...
Gin S
@gin-s
2 years ago
225 posts

Welcome to EC Beth. Finding us is a good first step. I would take some time to explore the site and groups. Also check out the Empath Survival Guide in the links at the top of the page there are helpful tips in there to get you started. I do hope you find what you are looking for.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts
Briar hit the nail on the head. The same things happened to me. One day it just all clicked. I have finally been able to get off the depression meds after 20+ years of taking them. My digestive troubles that no doctor was able to explain have gone away. The humming in my ears and optical migraines now are accepted because I now know the reason they are happening. I am 50 also. Wish I would have "awakened" to my gifts years ago and saved a lot of mental and physical anguish. Welcome to the EC Beth.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book