Newbe

To post a reply, login or signup

Melody
@melody
last year
23 posts

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this whole is it a gift or a curse part of my life. Having just turned 40 and realizing why I would feel the way I do around some people and why I carry so much "weight" (literal and figurative) and feel so drained after various interactions.

Putting a name on it (empath) has shed some light, but now I feel like I need to find a way to release the weight and keep it from piling up again. How do I protect my energy from my child or my spouse. It's easy to leave the room when its coming from other individuals but how can I shield myself from the two people that mean the world to me... but also drain me so much?

Love & Light

updated by @melody: 02/23/17 11:09:12AM
Janett Niemi
@janett-niemi
last year
86 posts

Welcome. Glad that you have arrived.

The first thing you need to do is take the Empath Survival program. It will teach you how to protect yourself and it gives lots of good pointers on how to survive as an Empath.

https://www.eliselebeau.com/empath-survival-program

Next, be kind to self. As much as it is a relief to finally figure out that there is a name to what/who you are and that there are people out there like you, it can be overwhelming. Take it slow and remind yourself to love yourself. We Empaths get so caught up in helping others that we forget that we need loving, too!

Sending you lots of love and courage to venture this new life.

-janett-

Melody
@melody
last year
23 posts

Thank you Janett! It is overwhelming. Take it slow... sounds like a great mantra. I appreciate the advise!

Melody
@melody
last year
23 posts

great advice!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book