new to the word "empath"

To post a reply, login or signup

satsfyed
@gannbarattayahoocom
2 years ago
2 posts

Hi everyone. I am new to the word "empath" but have often been called an "intercessor". Doing research on the internet it seems the two may be interchangeable. Just a little about myself. I am a Nurse Practitioner and have been a nurse over 25 years. As a child I once saw an angel and we also lived in a "haunted" house where very strange things happened, like hearing chain noises bounce off the walls and me and my brothers would see shadow men all the time. I can get more into that if anyone is interested. I've had dreams that come true and one time had a dream the same night three times in a row, kind of like a warning, and when I woke up the third time it was actually happening. Some people have told me I always take the under-dog's side in a situation, but I think that is only because sometimes I am trying to understand why people do what they do and what they have been through in their live to get them to such a point. Sometimes if I get overwhelmed and start to cry I will just shut down the feeling and stop thinking about it. That's why I am here. I want to learn how to better use this gift I believe we have been given and what to do to channel that energy more positively in order to actually help someone as opposed to just shutting the feeling down. Today, myself and three others actually "ghost" hunt and have picked up some pretty awesome EVPs and other evidence of life on the other side. So anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, hopefully make some new friends with other empaths and learn a lot more! Glad to meet you all. Have a blessed, rich day!

updated by @gannbarattayahoocom: 02/27/17 03:40:50AM
2 years ago
159 posts

Hi, so sorry such a late response.

I have no advice to give about using the gift of empathy as I am on that path myself :) Although I find sharing stories here provides other ways of looking at things and offers advice even without the intent (just being heard helps :)

It seems a pity no one else has come by to say hi, if you havent left already? I am happy to hear more about you and your interests - I love anything spiritual :)

Gin S
@gin-s
last year
225 posts

Welcome to EC. We have other members who can see spirits and angels as well. So you will have much to talk about here if you haven't started already. :)

Dice
@dice
last year
284 posts

Good to meet you.. :) I think you are in the right place. I would encourage you to start at some of the resources provided on the home page.

Personally Ican identify withwith everything except the hunting & EVP part.

:)

Dice

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I wonder why I'm getting notifications for this post. It's not my post. Oh well , hello, good to meet you. If you need my assistants please let me know. There have to be a reason I'm getting notified about this post so maybe it's something I can help you with.
satsfyed
@gannbarattayahoocom
last year
2 posts

Thanks everyone for the responses!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book