New to Group, need advice.

To post a reply, login or signup

Scotty
@scotty
4 years ago
17 posts
Greetings All. My name is Scott, what few friends I have call me Scotty. I am discovering more each day that I am an empath. I mean i know deep down that I am , but just want to be sure. I can become quite emotional at times, whether its happy, sad, angry or negative, depending on who I am with at the moment. I prefer to be alone most days. There are times when I just have to get up and go for a walk, usually down by the ocean. There is a huge park where I live, and the river flows beside it. There are paths that go along it and most of the time I am there, feeling, well easy I guess you could call it.I do get down alot as well. Iam diagnosed with depression, anxiety and borderline personality disorder, which means I have a hard time with my emotions. Therapists and Doctors say when I have an emotion, I feel it with intensity, and I have a hard time dealing with it.I do get emotional at times when I watch TV. If something sad comes on, or there is say a scene with a soldier coming home i get really choked up to the point of crying. Also, i seem to be drawn to (if that is the correct word) negative people. I get really excited and angry around them. Al I just crazy or what ? I don't know if this has something to do with it, but, when I meet new people, I get a feeling in my gut whether to like/trust them or not. Or maybe Im just an a.I am very confused at the moment, I don't know whether to tell anyone about this or not. I am just looking for answers. I would like Your advice. I am from Boston, so if there are others around me, please feel free to say Hi. Thanks in advance and have a wonderful Day !Scotty
updated by @scotty: 03/13/17 12:29:53PM
B
@b
4 years ago
252 posts
Scotty you just described me to a T I also can tell in seconds if I like someone or not. I also can see evil or goodness in kids I too have a connection to nature ocean deep woods . I currently live by lake Erie and have a 32' yacht on it. Its my place to go in the summer to decompress. In the winter the wife and I ride sleds I love just being in nature I can't live in a city. I can also pick up on people being deceitful.I think we are all weird in the grand sceem of things cause most arnt like us but I don't see it as a bad thing we just live in a different frequency than the norm I'm new to this revelation that others are like this my sister is Aldo an empath she has been my go to for answers cause she has been awake to this for some timehang in their you are not alone
Scotty
@scotty
4 years ago
17 posts
Valerie, thanks for your thoughts. Sorry it took a while to reply, just been down. Not really sure if I'm drawn to negatives or the other way around, but it happens alot with me. I am really having a hard time letting go of the past and have been doing tons of thinking about it. I have to remind myself to let go. I talk with my Angel and ask for help all the time. Hope you are well and look forward to becoming good friends. Take care !Scotty
Janett Niemi
@janett-niemi
4 years ago
86 posts

It is quite a struggle to remain positive in a negative world and since negative people are naturally drawn to Empaths, it is doubly harder for us. I have several techniques that I use daily that help me to remain focused on the one thing that is most important, love.

One of these techniques is, "Tapping." It is a variation of acupuncture, a way to address physical and emotional ailments but without using needles. In essence, you tap with your fingers on various meridian points in the body while talking about what it is that you hope to accomplish, speaking positive affirmations, all of which helps to unblock the negative energy, past feelings, hurts, struggles that are stored in the body. There are tons of sites out there that talk about tapping, but my suggestion is to start with Nick Ortner website, http://www.thetappingsolution.com He has lots of free instructions, information and almost anything that you may need to get started.

No, I am not getting paid to endorse him or anyone else. I am exactly like you, living the life of an Empath, and anything that I can find that helps me and others find peace (preferably simple and painless) I am in! Let us know if this helps you.

Scotty
@scotty
4 years ago
17 posts
Thank you Janett that's very helpful advice. I will look at it today. Hope you are well and full of peace and love today, and you have a great weekend ! Thank youScotty

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book