New and Struggling

To post a reply, login or signup

Sweepea
@sweepea
2 years ago
10 posts
3 days ago, I discovered I am an empath. That explains why I have been called names because of my erratic mood swings. That explains why I get so depressed when something isn`t right. When there is self-doubt and emptiness. I have bouts of depression that leads me to shut down and eventually get sick. Now, I know it is because I pick up someone else`s emotion. How would I know if the emotion is mine?I also find it puzzling that I am single now but have had each of my exes come back to me and reconnect. Some of them, I have actually gotten back with but eventually broken up with all over again. I always question why every single one of them comes back and that I do not seem to find the right one because of all the traumatic experiences. I want to take control of my ability to be able to lead a normal life. I fear growing old alone. Where do I start?
updated by @sweepea: 03/25/17 01:44:29AM
Janett Niemi
@janett-niemi
2 years ago
86 posts

So glad that you found this site. Everyone here has been where you are now, so feel free to ask any questions-someone will have an answer.

The first thing that I would do is to read and learn everything that I could on what it means to be an empath. You will discover that although we all live under the umbrella of Empath, each of us is different in our gifts. Next I would take the "Empath Survival Program" at the top of this page. It teaches you techniques that will help you block emotions of others, which is one of the reasons that Empaths are so prone to depression.

Now, why do your ex's come back again and again? One of our "gifts" is the ability to feel what others are feeling and in doing so, we can provide "empathy" which is a mental healing agent. We know what to say, how to comfort, and in doing so, we heal others. It is truly a gift, but like any good thing, if we don't learn how to control how much we are willing to give, our life can be sucked dry. In the end, there will be nothing left to give to yourself.

Sending you lots of love....

-janett-

Sweepea
@sweepea
2 years ago
10 posts
Hi, Janett.It is freeing to have finally discovered this part of me. I have always known I was different and would often struggle trying to explain myself of justify my actions. It is a relief to know I am not alone in this and that there is a way to control my emotions and how I react to situations. I will also remember leaving something for myself. This all really just makes sense.Thanks for taking time to share encourage me. I am truly grateful of the love coming my way from people I can identify with.Grateful,Sweepea
Sweepea
@sweepea
2 years ago
10 posts
Hi. Sirah.Thank you! I am excited to explore this side of me that has been a mystery all this while. Thanks for showing some love.Sweepea

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book